No more money

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

Re: No more money

by mr_number » 19 Jan 2012 15:36

Handsome Man I think we'll blow £3 million on a striker.

Possibly, but only if Huddersfield buy the story that we've got 'no money' and let us have Jordan Rhodes for £3m. Otherwise we'll spend more on him.

buddy1983

by buddy1983 » 19 Jan 2012 16:21

Heard all this before. If Kebe goes i'm sure he'll be replaced.......................

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Jan 2012 16:36

Svlad Cjelli Basically, they get sick with being inundated with calls and faces from agents touting players

Do you work for the club, or have a strong link to be able to state that? Or is it completely made up like your outgoing transfer stats?

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 19 Jan 2012 16:37

Uhmmm sounds like the normal balony from the club, obviously have some targets and are playing the pauper card ?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Jan 2012 16:59

JM: "Come on boys lets rattle out the no money line..its January for gods sake!!! "

ALL Staff: * Chuckles all round whilst starting the PC machine*

Fans: "This is new, never heard this before " :roll:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Jan 2012 17:08

Svlad Cjelli Basically, they get sick with being inundated with calls and faces from agents touting players. An annoncement like this helps send a message out that they're not buying - or is at least something that can be used as a defence to them.

And putting out this same sad old story every transfer window will not make one iota of difference to that. We repeatedly tell employment agencies that we are not recruiting at present but they still keep ringing every day! It's how they make their living. At the very least they can tell their lords and masters they have rung x companies today. Likewise agents can tell their clients they have rung x clubs including Reading.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Jan 2012 17:28

ZacNaloen More like "we're not buying on your terms"

And maybe "don't call us, we'll call you.".

I do like the superfluous "more" in the story though.

We could do with a couple of signings, but we perfectly capable of getting along ok without them. The right ones would add maybe 10% to our chance of promotion. I happen to think this is a pretty good year to slightly abandon the game plan and roll the dice a bit (I'm not advocating spending millions here), but the club seems to be sticking to a plan that is doing nicely, if not achieving the ultimate goal yet.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Jan 2012 17:30

RoyalBlue
Svlad Cjelli Basically, they get sick with being inundated with calls and faces from agents touting players. An annoncement like this helps send a message out that they're not buying - or is at least something that can be used as a defence to them.

And putting out this same sad old story every transfer window will not make one iota of difference to that. We repeatedly tell employment agencies that we are not recruiting at present but they still keep ringing every day! It's how they make their living. At the very least they can tell their lords and masters they have rung x companies today. Likewise agents can tell their clients they have rung x clubs including Reading.

But you still tell them you're not interested right? So why is it you are criticising the club allegedly trying to do the same thing?

under the tin

by under the tin » 19 Jan 2012 17:32

"Under the current regime, we don't look like we've got anything (money to spend) at the moment. "

Bears, woods, etc.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Jan 2012 18:20

Ian Royal
RoyalBlue

But you still tell them you're not interested right? So why is it you are criticising the club allegedly trying to do the same thing?

But, since you seem to have difficulty understanding, they aren't doing the same thing. We don't get our manager to put out a story in the media bemoaning the fact that he isn't alowed to recruit, even though ideally he would like to. We tell the callers to their faces, increasingly strongly if necessary, and then use our phone system to block their calls if necessary.

bobbybottler
Hob Nob Regular

by bobbybottler » 19 Jan 2012 18:21

Barry the bird boggler Brentford centre-back Karleigh Obsorne

???

Obsorn, surely.

Blue Label

by Blue Label » 19 Jan 2012 18:33

Anyone else think this was a bit of a dig?

Speaking exclusively to the Chronicle, McDermott said: "I really don't know if we will get anyone else in. UNDER THE CURRENT REGIME, we don't look like we've got anything (money to spend) at the moment. But you never know in football and we will taking things day by day."

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Jan 2012 18:40

Or maybe the current regime is on its way out.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 19 Jan 2012 18:43

FiNeRaIn JM: "Come on boys lets rattle out the no money line..its January for gods sake!!! "

ALL Staff: * Chuckles all round whilst starting the PC machine*

Fans: "This is new, never heard this before " :roll:

Always wondered what you looked like FR.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Jan 2012 19:20

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal
RoyalBlue

But, since you seem to have difficulty understanding, they aren't doing the same thing. We don't get our manager to put out a story in the media bemoaning the fact that he isn't alowed to recruit, even though ideally he would like to. We tell the callers to their faces, increasingly strongly if necessary, and then use our phone system to block their calls if necessary.

Firstly he's not really bemoaning and secondly no-one would print it if you tried because no one would give a toss.

Cypry

by Cypry » 19 Jan 2012 19:44

sandman Or maybe the current regime is on its way out.

Funny, I heard some speculation on that front recently from someone I 'd like to think might have some insight - discounted it at the time and will believe it when I see it but that does seem an odd choice of phrase for McD to use....

Pat Butchers Ring

by Pat Butchers Ring » 19 Jan 2012 20:14

I heard a few months ago that a rich Yank was interested.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Jan 2012 20:19

I don't think Royalchicagofc is particularly rich...I have missed his posts though, I'll have to check in on him.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 19 Jan 2012 21:11

Pat Butchers Ring I heard a few months ago that a rich Yank was interested.

Would be our only hope IF we went up, i mean what is the point going up only to hear a similar story that we have limited funds if any, be difficult to picture us surviving

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 19 Jan 2012 21:35

Jimmy kebe will not be joining stoke.