Avoid The Play Offs

187 posts
TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Avoid The Play Offs

by TBM » 15 Feb 2012 14:19

Extended-Phenotype Dunno about you, but I go to games to support the team, cheer on the lads

lol, even Simon Church!?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 15 Feb 2012 14:34

No, I shoot at him with a rifle. Fortunately for him, I’m as bad a shot as he is.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Feb 2012 14:53

FiNeRaIn
melonhead those minutes in the second half, where we were all over them, scored two and could have had more were among the most joyful and exciting memories of the last 5 years.

not for me, soon as we hit the post I knew it was over, then griffin gave them a free goal with a ludicrous penalty and it was goodnight. Hated that day out, never going again. Feared the worst all through the build up...knew we'd lose had the stupidity to have a glimmer of hope and that's why I was once again gutted when the inevitable defeat came. Reading football club fail at play-offs, I doubt many other clubs are as horrible as we are at them.

lol.
it does not surprise me that captain negative always knew we'd lose.

what about when the first two goals went in, and we looked like wed do it
was that not a great feeling?
ultimatey dashed, but still amazing

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Feb 2012 14:53

Silver Fox
Percy's Rocket I could quote probability of the random chance that is the play offs and point out that you are only meant to win one in four play off campaigns.

You could do but even snowball would LOL

I had a cracking day out at the playoff final last year, at least we don't have to go to Wales any more

it was a superb day until the game started, one of the best footy days out ever

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 15 Feb 2012 14:55

TBM I would rather finish 7th this year than make the final and lose again........

Agreed. I have this nasty feeling we are destined to lose to Cardif In the Play Off final this year.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Feb 2012 16:42

FiNeRaIn Hated that day out, never going again.

You'll be sorely missed by all who attend, I'm sure.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 15 Feb 2012 16:45

Ian Royal

you wouldn't know.

perhaps you might take my place and actually attend some games for a change, instead of posting ill informed opinions all the time on games you weren't at.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Feb 2012 16:52

FiNeRaIn
Ian Royal

you wouldn't know.

perhaps you might take my place and actually attend some games for a change, instead of posting ill informed opinions all the time on games you weren't at.

Never missed a Play Off Final yet.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 15 Feb 2012 17:11

FiNeRaIn
melonhead those minutes in the second half, where we were all over them, scored two and could have had more were among the most joyful and exciting memories of the last 5 years.

not for me, soon as we hit the post I knew it was over, then griffin gave them a free goal with a ludicrous penalty and it was goodnight. Hated that day out, never going again. Feared the worst all through the build up...knew we'd lose had the stupidity to have a glimmer of hope and that's why I was once again gutted when the inevitable defeat came. Reading football club fail at play-offs, I doubt many other clubs are as horrible as we are at them.

I assure you, the feeling of watching Reading finally win it, with 40k people [over half of which are day-trippers] finally singing their hearts out at Wembley on your television set; when you should be there after having seen them lose several will be indescribably worse mate, but your choice!

I'd go, just out of the pure, pure hope that we might just do it. Though this time I am not saying a word on the way there.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 15 Feb 2012 17:18

I was close to mass murder after the play-offs when I heard various "fans" saying - "Yeah but what a great day out".

No, I came to watch my beloved Reading team win promotion to the best league in the world and to see us lose in heart breaking circumstances (I'd almost prefer it if we'd just lost 4-0!) is not my definition of a "good day out".

Had we won, it would have been a brilliant day.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 15 Feb 2012 17:20

The Goat was fed I was close to mass murder after the play-offs when I heard various "fans" saying - "Yeah but what a great day out".

No, I came to watch my beloved Reading team win promotion to the best league in the world and to see us lose in heart breaking circumstances (I'd almost prefer it if we'd just lost 4-0!) is not my definition of a "good day out".

Aye, but the many people who said that - and I heard a lot of this also, didn't intend to put on their Reading shirt again until another chance of success. A real Reading fan would not have even considered it a, good day.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 15 Feb 2012 17:29

URZZ
The Goat was fed I was close to mass murder after the play-offs when I heard various "fans" saying - "Yeah but what a great day out".

Aye, but the many people who said that - and I heard a lot of this also, didn't intend to put on their Reading shirt again until another chance of success. A real Reading fan would not have even considered it a, good day.

have to agree with that. most of those who had a lovely day out are the 20,000 missing fans. it was another painful day i'd like to forget. sadly, no matter how much fun it was on the trains, the drinks before the kick-off, it all comes down to the result and it was a painful one to swallow. as was the tube home with 98% swansea singing as loud as they could to insight trouble with the few reading fans with me. sweating like a pig as well in the heat of the cramped tube, i was dripping wet and close to keeling over. a really crappy end to a really long and tiring day.

but do i want another one? yes i do. and many many more of them; because win, lose, or draw, your club is still on the right road if you're there. but boy does it hurt. 3 out of 3 now. we're due a play-off final win!!

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 15 Feb 2012 17:34

Absolutely agree with every word... It was an absolutely shite day but here's to hoping it won't happen again.

paulholsgrove

by paulholsgrove » 15 Feb 2012 17:56

No Fixed Abode Quite a few Reading fans I know said they wouldn't go to a play-off final again should Reading get there. Is that the case with some of you as well?

At least there will be enough tickets to go around!

test icicles

by test icicles » 15 Feb 2012 17:57

Big Ern
TBM I would rather finish 7th this year than make the final and lose again........

Agreed. I have this nasty feeling we are destined to lose to Cardif In the Play Off final this year.

Cardiff are just as good at bottling promotion opportunities, if not better, than us.

But if we did happen to meet them in the final losing would not be an option. As a student here the amount of stick I get is already quite high, it would be unbearable to lose. But if we did get there, I would 100% be going again. Despite the result it was a good day out, great atmosphere and I thought my head was going to explode when we hit the post. I was too young for the Bolton PO final, but have been at the last two and whilst they were both devastating, remember them both with fond memories. Third time lucky for me hopefully... if we get there!!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Feb 2012 17:59

Extended-Phenotype No, I shoot at him with a rifle. Fortunately for him, I’m as bad a shot as he is.

24 shots you can kill him six times

paulholsgrove

by paulholsgrove » 15 Feb 2012 18:09

Friday's Legacy
URZZ

have to agree with that. most of those who had a lovely day out are the 20,000 missing fans. it was another painful day i'd like to forget. sadly, no matter how much fun it was on the trains, the drinks before the kick-off, it all comes down to the result and it was a painful one to swallow. as was the tube home with 98% swansea singing as loud as they could to insight trouble with the few reading fans with me. sweating like a pig as well in the heat of the cramped tube, i was dripping wet and close to keeling over. a really crappy end to a really long and tiring day.

but do i want another one? yes i do. and many many more of them; because win, lose, or draw, your club is still on the right road if you're there. but boy does it hurt. 3 out of 3 now. we're due a play-off final win!!

I find play off defeats like funerals, the first few tear at your heart strings but after that you seem to get used to them, hide your pain, and get wasted, coz 'its what they would of wanted' :)

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 15 Feb 2012 18:10

I would quite happily face Cardiff in the final as well all know they balls it up, season after season after season. :D

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 15 Feb 2012 18:20

1871 Royal I would quite happily face Cardiff in the final as well all know they balls it up, season after season after season. :D

Little bit like us then, just saying

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 15 Feb 2012 18:23

URZZ
1871 Royal I would quite happily face Cardiff in the final as well all know they balls it up, season after season after season. :D

Little bit like us then, just saying

I think Cardiff is a bit more dramatic than ours. At least we have managed to get promoted in the last 6 years :wink:

187 posts