Singular Moments That Didn't Involve A Goal...

Rush to oblivian

Re: Singular Moments That Didn't Involve A Goal...

by Rush to oblivian » 22 Feb 2012 21:31

Ups and Downs
Friday's Legacy
Ups and Downs James Lambert running the length of the pitch with the ball against forest and missing. Or did he score? I can't remember.

however, Steve stones was by far and away the worst miss that night.

lambert against forest - he scored that.

still to this day one of the best, if not the best, individual goals i've seen from a reading player.

(i missed robin friday sadly)

Great goal in that case. :wink:

My memory was that it was 3 all and that would have won it. Obviously not.

Is this the game your on about? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-SUHf9uKlo

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 22 Feb 2012 22:15

Bas Savage's shorts falling down as he attempted to run down the wing during one of those Wednesday afternoon reserve games at the Madejski.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 22 Feb 2012 22:22

Rush to oblivian

Yes, that's the one. Thanks for that. First time I've seen it since that Friday night.

Ralph Jolly

by Ralph Jolly » 22 Feb 2012 22:23

Jerry St Clair
Agent Balti South Bank, Elm Park, vs Sunderland. The look on the girl's face and probably the boyfriend when she was told in no uncertain terms that she had a 'cvnt like a bucket'. You just don't make them like that anymore!

That was Stoke I think, m8.

Home to Barnsley in 1995-ish when the one of the away fans had his dog with him. There were only a few hundred Barnsley fans, so during the second half he took it for a walk from one side of the terrace to the other, repeating a few times. I'd like to think it was a whippet, but sadly, I don't think it was.

A York fan wearing a 1970s parka anorak at EP in the early 90s. Got absolutely mercilessly slated by the Southbank to a point where he had to be restrained from climbing the fencing to remonstrate. Got back to the car to listen to Sports Report and were informed that a horse called Anorak had won the big race of the day............at York :shock:

Was that the "Do You Shop at C & A" chant?

JR

by JR » 22 Feb 2012 22:25

Simon Osborn clattering the crossbar against Wolves with a stunning 25 yard volley. Was still shudderring when they ripped Elm Park down.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 22 Feb 2012 22:28

Rufus is a dog's name

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 22 Feb 2012 22:39

Ups and Downs
Rush to oblivian

Yes, that's the one. Thanks for that. First time I've seen it since that Friday night.

beasant sent off because martin williams stood on his foot and went over lol. superb match that was!

bracknell loyal royal!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bracknell loyal royal! » 23 Feb 2012 00:00

Leroy being mischevious against Arsenal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E1tNSBd ... re=related

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 23 Feb 2012 02:43

Souness stomping onto the pitch to berate the ref after 2 Southampton players had been sent off in a cup game.

Someone throwing a pie at the lino in a game against Peterborough in about 2002

Laughing at Bristol City fans trying to scramble over the black netting when we beat them 3-2 at the Madejski

Invading the pitch at the Mad Stad after watching the Brentford game on the TV Screen :lol:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Feb 2012 08:17

JR Simon Osborn clattering the crossbar against Wolves with a stunning 25 yard volley. Was still shudderring when they ripped Elm Park down.

No, the shudder was always there from way back when a shot from Percy Freeman hit it. :wink:

HTH

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 23 Feb 2012 08:35

Portsmouth home circa 1978, had no previous experience of Pompey and arrived to found the Southbank totally overrun.

Barnsley home circa 1981, hammering with rain so the police, for the only time I can remember, let the Barnsley fans (quite a few as it was a top of the table clash) into the town end of the southbank. Superb atmosphere and a 3-2 win

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 23 Feb 2012 08:40

Kingsley being told to move away from the touchline because he was confusing the linesman.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Feb 2012 08:53

Uri Geller and the cards v Derby at Elm Park, 1994/95
The Genoa friendly in 93/94 where 4 of their players were doing keepy-uppy with their shins in the corner of the South Bank and Tilehurst End. Never seen anything like that before.
Michael Gilkes - when he returned to Elm Park to play for Wolves. Had been clattered and the South Bank chanted "Hop, hop, hop, hop Gilkesy"
Dylan Kerr in the away end at Luton
Southampton in the League Cup in 1978/79 and the artificial leg
Ark Royal predicting a 6-4 away win at Exeter in 1993/94 while walking to the ground

teignmouth hoops

by teignmouth hoops » 23 Feb 2012 10:02

Palace away in the 80's us a couple of goals up, Mickey Droy(their ex Chelsea man mountain centre half) invtiing Trevor (God) Senior into the corner so he could kick two tons of c**p out of him and Trevor just smiling back at him whilst shaking his head
Bas Savage dancing on the pitch up at Brentford to celebrate promotion in front of many happy Royals, and loads of unhappy Brentford fans

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Feb 2012 10:20

Rush to oblivian
Ups and Downs
Friday's Legacy lambert against forest - he scored that.

still to this day one of the best, if not the best, individual goals i've seen from a reading player.

(i missed robin friday sadly)

Great goal in that case. :wink:

My memory was that it was 3 all and that would have won it. Obviously not.

great game- great video- nice 1!

one of my favourite games ever- that lambert goal is burned into my memory, was stood in line with his run, blew me away.

i always though stones miss was from closer- but it was still a sitter- and how good were that forest team

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 23 Feb 2012 10:21

At the end of the Brentford v Reading promotion game the man on crutches pegging towards the Reading fans and offering fisticuffs!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Feb 2012 10:25

South Bank, Elm Park, vs Sunderland. The look on the girl's face and probably the boyfriend when she was told in no uncertain terms that she had a 'cvnt like a bucket'. You just don't make them like that anymore!

one of the funniest games ever- dont think i actually saw much of the game- never laughed so much

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 23 Feb 2012 10:26

Bobby Convey playing the ball off the corner flag away at Wolves on Boxing Day.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 23 Feb 2012 10:43

Blimey....there are so many!!

Seeing Dean Horrix dive and slide on his stomach for 30 yards during a deluged home game v Gilligham; wringing out socks on the South Bank in a League Cup game to Bury which got abandoned after 20 mins with us losing 2-0; Trevor Senior on his return from Watford and Boro, swivelling and crashing a piledriver of a shot against the bar v. Mansfield; the ridiculously high fencing on the away terrace at Fellows Park, being coined and bottled by Wolves fans at the Play-off semi final; the magic roundabout; the feeling that the Mad Stad was our home after the play off semi victory v Wigan; being able to chant "we are unbeatable" for months and months during the 106 season; humiliating West Ham.....................

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 23 Feb 2012 10:53

4000 noisy Newcastle fans in promotion mode the other season with chants of "champions" and "we are going up" suddenly being silenced by the East stand in full voice with "106, 106, we've got the record, 106" and "you'll never beat the record". Made me proud to be a Reading fan, so many other 'big' teams can trump us with their achievements so it was nice to take some pride in our own despite it being a rather awful season and a pretty poor game with a terrible referee against a team who seemed more intent on cheating than playing football.