Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game - Millwall (A)

by soggy biscuit » 03 Mar 2012 19:33

Still on the way home. Worst thing about away days is the football

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Mar 2012 19:43

moo No unforced changes will be made until we lose, surely?

Cummings in for the injured Connolley and same again for Pompey.

Kebe'll be back when he's fit.

I think it'll take more than one goal to get ALF starting, but you never know. Especially with a second game in 4 days.

philM

by philM » 03 Mar 2012 19:45

Great day out. Dire first half. Loved the second half. Jason Roberts was my MOTM, we really needed that physical presence after Long went and he's doing us proud. Loved how wound up he got the Millwall fans, and the players in the last 20 mins or so. Class touch from ALF for the goal, he so easily could have put that past the post.

Great support. Loved the noise at London Bridge on the way back :lol:

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 03 Mar 2012 19:52

And to the mongdivs singing 'Forever Blowing Bubbles, United United' you are beyond an embarrassment

Other than that, gr8 day considering I'm on anti-phucking-biotics!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 03 Mar 2012 19:53

Poor game, great finish from Hal, karacan was probably the pick of the bunch but Roberts played well and ALF was bright when he came on. Fans were good although NSML and I got no backup when we went toe to toe with 5 Millwall at London Bridge.

Game to forget but three points to remember.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Mar 2012 19:56

Maguire Poor game, great finish from Hal, karacan was probably the pick of the bunch but Roberts played well and ALF was bright when he came on. Fans were good although NSML and I got no backup when we went toe to toe with 5 Millwall at London Bridge.

Game to forget but three points to remember.

Did you run them out of London Bridge station? I passed you when you were walking back in as we were on our way to Borough Market - I called out but you strode past me like a man who had been on a mission! :wink:

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 03 Mar 2012 21:20

Terrible game in a swirling wind a bobbly pitch. On the few ocasions we did try to pass the ball we looked better. Nobody really stood out eveyone was solid and a welcome three points. Happy days. :D

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 03 Mar 2012 21:24

Brilliant away day! Could not fault it

Food in Borough Market and drinks in George beforehand. Walk from train to ground was superb atmosphere. In ground even better. Football dire and Legs really off the pace worse game for long time. But going behind just set the scene. Magnificent strike from Hal levelled things up before the break.

Second half we looked secure and pressure told. Alf looked sharp when he came on and fully deserved his goal.

Crowd gets my Man of the Match fantastic

robbieroyal

by robbieroyal » 03 Mar 2012 21:37

Thought for "away days" it was the best yet.
The Millwall bloke at the end made me laugh getting his arse and ballbag out. What was that all about?
As for game, very few chances for both teams. We deserved win altho we weren't great we were better second half.
McD subs were brilliant, Tabb and Alfi were terrific. Jem was class at right back [again]!
Atmosphere was awesome didnt think Millwall (fans)were up to much altho Josh Wright and Keough are half decent. Loved my journey home. London Bridge singing was immense!!!! :D

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 03 Mar 2012 21:40

Just home
Top day out!

Love Capital away days. Kings Head, London Bridge before and after. Full of wall fans before and Posh :o fans after

Think we won a game of footy in-between :D

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 03 Mar 2012 21:51

Aubery Boyce
Hob Nob Regular

by Aubery Boyce » 03 Mar 2012 21:54

great away day.

Rattler up to town, few beers and some grub at London Bridge.

Very average match but great win. HRK's goal was superb.

Very good atmosphere in the away end. Dire home support - quite embarassing for them really.

Train ride back to London Bridge was good. As was the singing on the platform.

Top day out.

mx

by mx » 03 Mar 2012 21:54

BenReadingFC I only just caught the Winning goal.
Enjoy

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp7e6q_adam-le-fondre-s-goal-03-03-12_sport

HRK's looked a corker on the telly. Set your Sky+. :P

The second jus proves what a joke the offside rule is these days. 8)

John Peel

by John Peel » 03 Mar 2012 22:24

Top, top day out. Not just the football but Borough Market, the pubs and the mass chanting at London Bridge on the way back. Great away atmosphere too.

My version is different to some of the others on here though. From five minutes in until their goal we were shaky, hoofing the ball, and generally all over the place. WTF Gorkss was doing for their goal I do not know. We progressively got better as the first half went on, helped by the fact we started passing the ball instead of f-ing hoofing it. We must learn that we are much more dangerous when we pass the ball about and play at pace. Second half we were easily the better team.

MOTM is a tough one. Jem was immense as was Roberts (the latter was our best player second half). Tabb deserves a special mention for coming in second half. If Legs has another crap half like he did in the first half today then he should be given a chance IMO. Thought he was solid.

Hunt was pretty poor and got caught offside too often. Fondu is better and should start on Tuesday.

When we scored the second it was like men vs boys and we could have (and should have) made it more.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 03 Mar 2012 22:50

Tails Great away day. Played poorly until Alf came on, we started to look more dynamic going forward.

Legs had a stinker.

Hunt is just thick, I like him but Roberts and ALF look like they are reading each others movement

Why only one bar open?

I really need to shave.

Notched up several spotteds (mags, nsml, stuka?, rg, muddyfeet?) without actually approaching anyone.... 8)

Sat next to Stuka - nice bloke

Carlos

by Carlos » 03 Mar 2012 23:03

The game itself was scrappy. We failed to string more than a few passes together until the last 10 minutes.

First half - we were very scrappy and their central midefielders seemed to pick up more loose balls than us. Pretty horrendous mistake for their goal and in 5 seconds there goes our clean sheet record! Quality finish from HRK (just as a few doubters were saying he should be taken off at half time).

Second half - we looked much more composed and Alf looked tider than Hunt, who despite winning majority of headers is still the dumbest footballer in existence, with a few nice touches. Never looked like we would lose from going 2-1 up and was good to see Roberts doing a Kebe minus the socks.

Atmosphere - excellent, stood all game but got beer on me when we scored.

MOM - not Roberts who can't run anymore but played a good ball for Alf and held it up well at the end. Probably a joint award to the solid (after poor mistake) Gorks and Jem for his run second half to take the pressure off. Probably award goes to the boiled egg just for being him.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Mar 2012 23:14

who are ya? And to the mongdivs singing 'Forever Blowing Bubbles, United United' you are beyond an embarrassment

AGREED

Harte my MoTM, he had Henry in his pocket all game

Loved Karacan's trickery and skill in his RB cameo, particularly one run where he flicked it inside then knocked the ball past the oncoming Wall player 8)

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 04 Mar 2012 00:24

A reassuring victory and classic away day. Enjoyed the short but boisterous train back to London Bridge. Jem was my man of the match for his work effort. Was pleased to meet Muddy Feet and go to the game with other London Royals who don't post on here too.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 04 Mar 2012 00:25

The Le Fondre goal was nothing like as bad as the Hull goal.

It was the laws correctly applied and a perfectly straightforward goal

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 04 Mar 2012 06:55

Snowball The Le Fondre goal was nothing like as bad as the Hull goal.

It was the laws correctly applied and a perfectly straightforward goal

Even Steve Claridge couldn't complain about it.