Ultra Dreadful

royal jonesy91

Re: Ultra Dreadful

by royal jonesy91 » 04 Mar 2012 19:27

Personally not a huge fan of this chant, but still sang it just to make as much noise as possible! Stop you're moaning if u don't like just don't sing it. :) wooooaahhhhh wooooaahhh

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 04 Mar 2012 19:30

Ian Royal In fact the last few games I've been to pretty much all I've heard is I wanna go home. Which is equally terrible. What am I saying? It's definitely worse.

i love this now for one reason and that is our reply to it. it's always loud, passionate and sticks it right back in their face. i'm yet to hear a come back. so the more they sing that the better as far as i'm concerned.

Muguire

by Muguire » 04 Mar 2012 20:06

Friday's Legacy
Ian Royal In fact the last few games I've been to pretty much all I've heard is I wanna go home. Which is equally terrible. What am I saying? It's definitely worse.

i love this now for one reason and that is our reply to it. it's always loud, passionate and sticks it right back in their face. i'm yet to hear a come back. so the more they sing that the better as far as i'm concerned.

That and our reply to "You've never won fcuk all" - "We've got the record - One hundred & six"

Zero come back :!:

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 04 Mar 2012 20:23

I quite like this chant, especially as little old Stevenage managed to outsing us twice with it! Must admit it has lost it's edge now every man and his dog sing it, but I what I wanted to add was this...

Reading fans are amongst the quietest in this league. We get going away from home (especially when we get a decent following together) but at home we are at best timid. We've got a couple of original chants, but mostly sing the old classics, and often manage to cock these up by trying to sing too fast! :lol:

As such if there are catchy chants doing the rounds why shouldn't we copy them in an attempt to increase the noise level? Look at the Stevanage fans and how their image has changed over the last few years. Look at Palace in our league, suddenly Selhurst Park has become one of the noisiest grounds in the division!

So lets knock the negativity on it's head, come out of our comfort zone, and back the boys and make some noise!

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 04 Mar 2012 20:35

To be honest I'd say we're in the middle in terms of atmosphere. Far from the best but by no means one of the worst. Watford, Derby, Coventry, Doncaster, Ipswich, Middlesborough, Barnsley, Burnley, Hull, Millwall and believe it or not Cardiff are all teams I'd say have quieter fans at home or a worse atmosphere. I think the idea that we are silent at home is just a misconception that has grown into common belief even in the minds of Reading fans. When you sit in the upper west you'll appreciate this even more. Still, we could be louder so whatever improves the atmosphere further is a massive plus.

imo.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 04 Mar 2012 20:44

Typical reading fans.... I wanna hear something new .... oh but it cant be that chant.... or that..... are we just gonna stick with blue army and super reading fc all of our life?

I find the chant OK but it helps boost the team, it's catchy and people join in, if you don't wanna sing it don't join in, just don't try and spoil it for the others who do! Or if you don't like it come up with your own "orginal" chant but it's guarenteed that you wont get it going.

If it generates the atmosphere I really couldn't care less what the song is..... (unless it is singing some other club's anthem like- I'm forever blowing bubbles at Millwall :roll: )

Muguire

by Muguire » 04 Mar 2012 20:45

urz13 To be honest I'd say we're in the middle in terms of atmosphere. Far from the best but by no means one of the worst. Watford, Derby, Coventry, Doncaster, Ipswich, Middlesborough, Barnsley, Burnley, Hull, Millwall and believe it or not Cardiff are all teams I'd say have quieter fans at home or a worse atmosphere. I think the idea that we are silent at home is just a misconception that has grown into common belief even in the minds of Reading fans. When you sit in the upper west you'll appreciate this even more. Still, we could be louder so whatever improves the atmosphere further is a massive plus.

imo.

You have a valid point about our home atmosphere. Occasionally i like a change and will sit in the North Stand. From there you can't make out Y25/Y26 East Stand very much. But sit over in the Upper West opposite Y25/Y26 and they come across very well I think.

I'm usually in Y25/Y26 myself and have noticed a vast improvement in the level of noise we generate in the last couple of seasons. The problem is there can all too often be prolonged periods of silence in between songs. For me there are two games going on - one on the pitch and one in the stands. You can watch the match and still make it your business to out-sing the opposition. Sadly not enough seem to think the same way here though :!:
Last edited by Muguire on 04 Mar 2012 20:46, edited 1 time in total.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 04 Mar 2012 20:46

I don't mind this song. Anything but that Depeche Mode thing what's that all about?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 04 Mar 2012 20:51

Between 05-07 we used to get 'Blue Army' going for bloody ages & it was at a good rhythm. Now EVERY time it starts there are tw@ts who just get quicker & quicker it until it goes so fast people have to stop as it sounds ridiculous.

If you are one of those people then please stop it!

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 04 Mar 2012 21:06

Why don't we dig out the rumblesticks too?

I'm all for creating atmosphere and noise and getting behind the team, and outsinging the oppo and generally doing something, but adopting such a pathetic purile "ditti" such as this, some 2 years after Palace (et al) embarrassed themselves with it, is SAD.

Oh, but its "catchy". FFS. Go join a dance troop.

Tell you what why don't we also sing "Glad all over" too?

paulholsgrove

by paulholsgrove » 04 Mar 2012 22:08

Absolutely hate this cringe worthy song. It's as bad as nails down a blackboard when the oppo sing this, let alone us singing it.

Altogether now. " coz I'm, (clap clap) glaaad all over, yes I'm (clap clap) glad all over....

Blarmy. Clap clap. Blarmy. Clap clap.

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 04 Mar 2012 22:10

grey_squirrel Why don't we dig out the rumblesticks too?

I'm all for creating atmosphere and noise and getting behind the team, and outsinging the oppo and generally doing something, but adopting such a pathetic purile "ditti" such as this, some 2 years after Palace (et al) embarrassed themselves with it, is SAD.

Oh, but its "catchy". FFS. Go join a dance troop.

Tell you what why don't we also sing "Glad all over" too?

It's easier to generate some noise by copying what is successful elsewhere. Try to be different and start something original and it will most likely die on it's ass. This is the way football chants are going my friend, there's no point trying to fight it, this is evolution in progress. Ironically similar to how the original red squirrels started dying out when the annoying grey squirrels turned up, there was nothing anyone could do to stop the little rodents taking over so you might aswell grow to like them!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 04 Mar 2012 23:17

I have no issue with the chant and agree with the earlier poster about fans moaning about the same chants and no noise, but then having issue with new (yea copied) ones are sung.

A pet hate of mine is that quite often when we do get some noise we change chant or stop prematurely.

The whole "left side right side" Chant is a classic and I like it. But why does it always end after about 5 seconds with some twats singing "right side right side give us a song".

We should keep with the Chant for longer - that's why I liked the one being discussed as it was sing for a good duration.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 05 Mar 2012 06:08

From my earshot it sounded that the majority of the left side were singing it at Millwall. So those that find it "cringe worthy" are in the minority.
Personally I couldn't care less. Anything that improves the atmosphere is fine by me.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 05 Mar 2012 06:26

Stevenage away in the cup last year was the first time I had heard it at Reading game. I could not undesrtand what they were saying (singing) then and still don't now.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 05 Mar 2012 07:09

Muguire
Friday's Legacy

That and our reply to "You've never won fcuk all" - "We've got the record - One hundred & six"

Zero come back :!:

I love our responses to both! Both louder, and they don't have to much to say afterwards. :D

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 05 Mar 2012 09:00

Would prefer it if it was 90 mins of Bill Oddie

Pat Butchers Ring

by Pat Butchers Ring » 05 Mar 2012 09:15

Every time I hear this it reminds me of Watford and everything plastic I hate about football. Please can we not sing this EVER.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 05 Mar 2012 09:19

tbh noise is prolly better than no noise and we just have to accept most new songs these days are passed round the leagues

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 05 Mar 2012 09:27

he's sat in a pub, he's sat in a puuuub, he's jimmy kebe, he's sat in a pub

at least its original - hi5 floyders