Horrible feeling about this season...

314 posts
Shackleton Royal

Re: Horrible feeling about this season...

by Shackleton Royal » 17 Mar 2012 16:41

Would you rather finish 7th than lose in the play offs?

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 17 Mar 2012 16:41

It's shit or bust. Either we can continue in this form and if we do I have no doubt we'll be top 2 at the end of the season. Or we take your advice, lose now, go into the playoffs with momentum like last year and still lose.

We need to go all out for automatic, any route into the playoffs will end in disappointment.

If 9 strikers is what West Ham do, then we'll do it too even if the likes of Bignall, Baseya and Church are apparently useless.
Last edited by RFCSPACE on 17 Mar 2012 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 17 Mar 2012 16:41

Shackleton Royal Would you rather finish 7th than lose in the play offs?

Yes - who wouldn't????

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Mar 2012 16:44

robinsfriday
FiNeRaIn Not shocked to see you agreeing with an idiot tbh.

Anyway if you two want to post constructively please continue contributing.

There are some easily amused kids on here today.

Come off it. You invited the abuse. Mind you, it is Spring so gardening will be high on your list of things to do. I look forward to seeing you dig yourself a few more holes.

I don't believe for a second that you or man friday are anywhere near as confident you are making out, if so, you obviously haven't been watching Reading for as long as some here, we always get oxf*rd out of it.

I would LOVE absolutely LOVE to be wrong and be called out for this post in the summer.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Mar 2012 16:45

The squad looks really unified though. Very similar to 05-06.

We can get automatic there's no doubt about it. We just need to hold our nerve.

If we can win 4 of the next 5 games - one of those being West Ham then we're as good as up.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 17 Mar 2012 16:48

FiNeRaIn
robinsfriday
FiNeRaIn Not shocked to see you agreeing with an idiot tbh.

Anyway if you two want to post constructively please continue contributing.

There are some easily amused kids on here today.

Come off it. You invited the abuse. Mind you, it is Spring so gardening will be high on your list of things to do. I look forward to seeing you dig yourself a few more holes.

I don't believe for a second that you or man friday are anywhere near as confident you are making out, if so, you obviously haven't been watching Reading for as long as some here, we always get oxf*rd out of it.

I would LOVE absolutely LOVE to be wrong and be called out for this post in the summer.

Just enjoy a nice 4-0 away from home and relax. 8)

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Mar 2012 16:50

I agree with you FR in that if we don't get 1st or 2nd we will more than likely end up in this division next season.

I actually think staying down this season could do more damage psychologically as we would have gotten so close & not gone on a late charge for play-offs. Lets be honest we're all looking at auto now none of us are looking forward to play-offs.

Really don't want Blackpool either!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 Mar 2012 16:53

I feel great about this season, loving it

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 17 Mar 2012 17:03

No matter how good things can get, some idiots on this board just can't break the temptation of posting negative comments that just draw on any worse case scenario possible.
Currently we are doing VERY well, and winning games.
We may have a few hard games left in the run in, however the fact that the last 31 games we have been on top of the league speaks volumes!
Bear in mind, we started the season and lost against Portsmouth, Barnsley and Watford and drew against Milwall. We have since beaten all of those teams. in our great form of the last 31 games where we are top of the form table, we have played top teams West Ham, Southampton, Blackpool and Birmingham and still come out doing very well!
Also our away form is second best in the league, so we are still set up very nicely for the run in.
Come on everyone, take a look at the facts and the figures and see that realistically we are BEAUTIFULLY set up for the run in, and stop acting so negative after we win 4-0!

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 17 Mar 2012 17:03

i fear nobody in this league, on this form we can beat anyone

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 17 Mar 2012 17:05

Lambert is peeing me off now. Someone hit me with the stats please on what percentage of their goals have been scored by him? It's gotta be high hasn't it?

But I think we can do it - automatic I mean. This season is going far better than I expected so I won't be slitting my wrists if we don't make it this year.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 17 Mar 2012 17:10

FiNeRaIn I'll be honest, im gearing myself up for double disappointment. You just KNOW this'll be the birmingham season all over again. We'll get fvcked out of second place by the horrible mercenaries west ham and their 9 strikers and then lose to someone shite in the play-offs because we are gutted on missing out on second. In a way I hope we lose the next 5/6 and then make a late surge back into the play-offs with momentum.

Saints are out of reach, they keep getting lucky breaks and are a one man unit, unless lambert gets injured they will win it.

Yes finerain you are a negative twat, bla bla bla but i KNOW some of you feel exactly the same and you can see it coming too.

I hope someone bumps this to prove me wrong if it happens...but im dreading it tbh.

With us having to play Saints, West Ham, Brighton and Brum away still it's going to be tough.

Personally I'm just glad we are in a position where we control our own destiny with 9 games to go.

So saying that, it's a Floydesque load of bollocks you've posted that is sooooooo typical of the attitude that permiates a considerable section of our support.

So, I'm going to tell you to shut the fcuk up - in a caring way you understand!

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 Mar 2012 17:24

Are we safe from relegation yet?

If so, I'm happy bout this season.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Mar 2012 17:24

royalsroyalsroyals92 No matter how good things can get, some idiots on this board just can't break the temptation of posting negative comments that just draw on any worse case scenario possible.

Fvcks sake, what is it with this board which means if you post a comment which doesn't fit the " fvck yeah we're gonna batter everyone" mentality then you are deemed an idiot? You guys really have got to stop giving people abuse because they don't share the same view point. Its getting really petty on the team board now.

I've held a season ticket at Reading since 97 or...im sure there are PLENTY of people on HNA who can go decades beyond that, but even in that time i've seen us get oxf*rd out of things way more than we've been successful, other than brentford by the skin of our teeth and the 106 season we have been fvcked out of the play-offs or play-off run in on more or less every other occasion. We got relegated mostly due to us being crap but aided by the fact pompey played a reserve team against fulham, we finished 2nd in the only year one team went up and we've lost every single play-off campaign to date. They say the team that makes a late surge into the play-offs with momentum is the one that goes up...well we tried that and failed and also tried being cemented in the play-off spot months before anyone else...and also failed. So the pattern is the same, we end up failing no matter how we get into the playoffs. Forgive me for being pessimistic about having to go through it all again if it happens this time around.

Does this mean I am disappointed with the way things are going? No, of course not, don't be stupid. Am I happy with the way the season has planned out? Over the moon, I never thought in a million years we'd get this far. Am I worried that once again the footballing gods will screw us over with west ham and saints getting late refereeing decisions while we get none and us losing the playoffs? You fvcking bet.

Any Reading fan whose been following them for more than a few years undoubtedly has this in the back of their mind, other than melon maybe.

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 17 Mar 2012 17:28

FiNeRaIn I'll be honest, im gearing myself up for double disappointment. You just KNOW this'll be the birmingham season all over again. We'll get fvcked out of second place by the horrible mercenaries west ham and their 9 strikers and then lose to someone shite in the play-offs because we are gutted on missing out on second. In a way I hope we lose the next 5/6 and then make a late surge back into the play-offs with momentum.

Saints are out of reach, they keep getting lucky breaks and are a one man unit, unless lambert gets injured they will win it.

Yes finerain you are a negative twat, bla bla bla but i KNOW some of you feel exactly the same and you can see it coming too.

I hope someone bumps this to prove me wrong if it happens...but im dreading it tbh.

Reading fans seeing the worst even when things are going great shocker.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Mar 2012 17:30

Did you turn up yesterday of have you witnessed our previous promotion campaigns? :roll:

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 17 Mar 2012 17:38

FiNeRaIn Did you turn up yesterday of have you witnessed our previous promotion campaigns? :roll:

If anyone else had posted this I would have given them the slight benefit of the doubt. But your posts are consistently woeful. I've been following this team the best part of 25 years (I'm 31) and regardless of this fact it doesn't give me any more right to make such dreadful, negative statements. If anything I think the majority of users on HNA are level headed and it's a case of "what will be, will be". We win 4-0 away from home, go top for around 35-40 minutes and you decide to make a post like this. Can you imagine any of the players in the dressing room coming in at full time saying "hey up Brian, another win, unbeaten for such a long time but you know what, I think we're going to screw this up". Think positive, yet realistic. Something that this post of yours has neither of. If you want arrogance, take a look at the West Ham forums. Apparently they're promoted already. Enjoy the ride. After all, we are only, "little old Reading".

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 17 Mar 2012 17:38

I've had a season ticket since 96/97 thanks. But there are a large group of Reading fans who although don't want Reading to do badly will worry needlesly and thus effect the atmosphere at games with that worry. just accept the rough with the smooth.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Mar 2012 17:46

robinsfriday
FiNeRaIn Did you turn up yesterday of have you witnessed our previous promotion campaigns? :roll:

But your posts are consistently woeful.

Judging by your post history so are most of yours. Here's a tip, place my on ignore if it bothers you that much.

You say think positive then follow it up with think realistic, but realism is that we've lost every play-off campaign and im sick of having to go through it again. Anyway I can't be arsed, the points been made, there are a handful of people like you who have an issue with the poster rather than the post itself and unfortunately that's a lot of what HNA is these days. There are also a few people on this thread equally as concerned as me - not with the form of the team, just the sense of deja vu. Maybe you need to be a bit more open minded about the way you approach reading a forum.

mx

by mx » 17 Mar 2012 17:49

I can see where you are coming from, but, no, I really think we are going to make 2nd now. Saints will win the title, I'm pretty sure of that. If we do end up in the pay-offs, I'm not even going!

314 posts