Under the Radar

152 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Under the Radar

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Mar 2012 23:18

Reading KUMB earlier in the week & someone put our league position down to the fact we've only beaten crap teams...

Completely untrue given that out of the top 6 Blackpool are the only team that's beaten us & that was away from home. Even then we scored a goal that got disallowed for no reason.

We're joint top on games won now with Saints both @ 21. Joint 1st with regards to away wins with West Ham & 2nd best defence in the league. We completely deserve to be where we are.

Still....keep writing us off.
Last edited by MmmMonsterMunch on 17 Mar 2012 23:32, edited 1 time in total.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 17 Mar 2012 23:20

MmmMonsterMunch Reading KUMB earlier in the week & someone put our league position down to the fact we've only beaten crap teams...

Completely untrue given that out of the top 6 Blackpool are the only team that's beaten us & that was away from home. Even then we scored a goal that got disallowed for no reason.

We're joint top on games won now with Saints both @ 17. Joint 1st with regards to away wins with West Ham & 2nd best defence in the league. We completely deserve to be where we are.

Well seeing we've already beaten West Sham 3-0, that would mean..........

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 17 Mar 2012 23:27

And for the record I am not calling them crap. But using the logic of some of their obviously rocket scientist supporters, well... :roll: :wink:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Mar 2012 23:30

Libertine
MmmMonsterMunch Reading KUMB earlier in the week & someone put our league position down to the fact we've only beaten crap teams...

We're joint top on games won now with Saints both @ 17. Joint 1st with regards to away wins with West Ham & 2nd best defence in the league. We completely deserve to be where we are.

Well seeing we've already beaten West Sham 3-0, that would mean..........

Well quite!

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 17 Mar 2012 23:31

i'm normally pretty pleased for the sides that get promoted, but saints and west ham are so arrogant it breeds dislike for them. i really hope we keep going and stick it up one of them!!

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 17 Mar 2012 23:34

Friday's Legacy i'm normally pretty pleased for the sides that get promoted, but saints and west ham are so arrogant it breeds dislike for them. i really hope we keep going and stick it up one of them!!

Same. It's a shame that one of the two would still get promoted. :lol:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Mar 2012 23:37

West Ham have only won 4 of the last 10. Hardly promotion winning form. Their run in is just as tough as ours & they're pretty crap at home. No reason why Boro can't turn them over on Tue.

I find West Ham fans generally worse than Saints. Plus the fallout financially for them if they don't go up would be lolsworthy. They are in deep poo.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict

by Libertine » 17 Mar 2012 23:45

The way I look at it is, if they got relegated, and are not dominating the Championship with all of their "Premier League quality" players, they're not all of that.

I agree if they don't make it back up this year they're in deep doo-doo.

Shackleton Royal

by Shackleton Royal » 17 Mar 2012 23:45

MmmMonsterMunch West Ham have only won 4 of the last 10. Hardly promotion winning form. Their run in is just as tough as ours & they're pretty crap at home. No reason why Boro can't turn them over on Tue.

I find West Ham fans generally worse than Saints. Plus the fallout financially for them if they don't go up would be lolsworthy. They are in deep poo.

This ^ can't wait 'til the 31st!! :D

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Mar 2012 23:53

Shackleton Royal
MmmMonsterMunch West Ham have only won 4 of the last 10. Hardly promotion winning form. Their run in is just as tough as ours & they're pretty crap at home. No reason why Boro can't turn them over on Tue.

This ^ can't wait 'til the 31st!! :D

Me neither. Think pretty much all the tickets will be gone tomorrow. Will be a huge scramble for the last 200 or so on Monday.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 17 Mar 2012 23:56

I read KUMB earlier and they were largely very gracious about us. In fact, I read a post that said nothing but "if Reading keep up their form they deserve to go up" to which a number of posters completely agreed. I'm not at all convinced of this whole attitude that any club's fans are a monolithic group who are all thinking of us in x, y or z way. Some West Ham fans are writing us off as small timers who won't do it. Some are treating us with due respect. They're not idiots, they know we pose a threat. Some are confident, others are wringing their hands.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Mar 2012 00:07

Gav I read KUMB earlier and they were largely very gracious about us. In fact, I read a post that said nothing but "if Reading keep up their form they deserve to go up" to which a number of posters completely agreed. I'm not at all convinced of this whole attitude that any club's fans are a monolithic group who are all thinking of us in x, y or z way. Some West Ham fans are writing us off as small timers who won't do it. Some are treating us with due respect. They're not idiots, they know we pose a threat. Some are confident, others are wringing their hands.

No I'm sure they're not all like that but the fact a lot of fans are booing the team at home when sat 1st / 2nd in the table speaks volumes. Especially when they're not even behind in the game.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Mar 2012 06:56

We're joint top on games won now with Saints both @ 21. Joint 1st with regards to away wins with West Ham & 2nd best defence in the league. We completely deserve to be where we are.

I'll stick with the view of SSC - the league table doesn't lie

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 18 Mar 2012 08:31

Sam Allardyce writing us off again,,,,,

http://thegamesgonecrazy.blogspot.co.uk ... isses.html

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 18 Mar 2012 09:19

rhroyal Sam Allardyce writing us off again,,,,,

http://thegamesgonecrazy.blogspot.co.uk ... isses.html

Its amazing how many people are incapable of seeing parody when its put in front of them........

:roll:

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 18 Mar 2012 09:52

Cracking logic from KUMB. :lol: It's almost as if we are playing in a different league.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Mar 2012 15:07

In fairness to West Ham fans, our 8 game winning streak only really included Middlesbrough as a top team in the division. Althouh of course the previous run included West Ham and Leeds. Though I'd guess they'd blame two red cards for their loss and discount it.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 18 Mar 2012 15:10

Ian Royal In fairness to West Ham fans, our 8 game winning streak only really included Middlesbrough as a top team in the division. Althouh of course the previous run included West Ham and Leeds. Though I'd guess they'd blame two red cards for their loss and discount it.

I couldn't care less about their bleeding heart back to the prem sob story.
Currently we are on a better run and the results speak for themselves. That's the rub Ian.

tough titty.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 18 Mar 2012 15:19

I'd always been worried about our goal difference as it was significantly lower than other promotion-chasing sides. But now we have the second best in the division. We're starting to win games more confidently than just nicking a goal in the 90th minute.

You can't argue with the fact that we are now part of a clear top three, so we're certainly not under the radar now. I do think it will come down to goal difference on the last day so I'm glad we've found a formula that works.

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 18 Mar 2012 15:35

Being under the radar really oxf*rd angers me. West Sham and Ricky Lambert are no better than us. What also pisses me off it that everyone thinks we are the form team. Apart from the first 6 games we are top of the league! That's not form that is just being the best team in the league and that's after Brian 'God' McDermott had to rebuild. "Again"

I honestly think we can win this league. If Jason Roberts, Pearce and Gorkss stay fit then we will win this league!

We have not had consistent wingers all season which shows the strength in that department as well!

152 posts