Back from the Game - West Ham

241 posts
tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the Game - West Ham

by tomrfcurz » 31 Mar 2012 19:40

Just got in. Fantastic result. HT McDermott mustv'e had a big word with Kebe as in the 2nd half his defending and tracking back was the best i've seen him do in a while whilst 1st it was non existent. Maybe the confidence of winning helped him do that as well, i dont know.

Bruises from celebrating goals show its been a good day out really! Our 4th goal and the ruled out one i couldn't see for sh!t but went mental anyway for the Ledge goal! Good team performance, 1-11 in the second half; very little wrong and Vaz Te's goal was a VERY good header to be fair to him.

All in all, a solid, professional performance from all the boys. Much like has been the case throughout the season.

URZ

robbieroyal

by robbieroyal » 31 Mar 2012 19:41

I had one of my best away days ever!

Dont know where to start playing wise. Our fans were immense. Even heard two WH lads on way back saying how good we were and a caller on TalkSport.

Great atmosphere, echoing again that even now people are still talking West Ham.

Great stuff!!!!

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 31 Mar 2012 19:45

Absolute lol at the mob over at KUMB :lol:

Accussing us of moaning every 5 minutes, did they see how often Nolan was over there talking to Foy?! Then suggesting we're timewasting... urrrr both players that went down then went off injured :| sure we timewasted with 10 to go but what did they want us to do ffs?!

Some of them are absolute utter total bitter morons.

Still enough of them, this was one of the best away days in recent memory and it's going to be great looking at the table all week and seeing us second and four points clear 8)

Tilehurst End match report to follow, think I'm going to enjoy writing it ;)

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 31 Mar 2012 19:50

Two points;

- Did Bill Oddie get an airing in the concourse at half time?
- Kind of wished Foy had played on and let the Kebe shot stand for 3-1, he rifled it in and would have really rubbed insalt into the injury wound.

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 31 Mar 2012 19:51

Wimb Absolute lol at the mob over at KUMB :lol:

The majority of them are absolute utter total bitter morons.

A small tweak

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 31 Mar 2012 19:52

The first 40 minutes we were not in it how a game can change so quickly.

I though Harte was superb.

A great day out and one to be remembered for the result and the fantastic support by the travelling fans.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 31 Mar 2012 19:56

Day was summed up by the huge grin on McD at the end - not even he could control the joy on this result.

Also Tabb was holding his groin at the corner before he went off - did not stop him making that ball before it went out and setting up another attack - but did for him. Star and MOTM for that alone.

I luv this club too.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 31 Mar 2012 19:58

Just back. Wow what a day. Fantastic just fantastic. We have so much bottle. I love it! Brilliant how their fans can be singing one minute & then chanting Di Canio the next. Fickle much?!!

I just had a quick read of the Posh v West Ham thread from the other night. I was practically laughed off the board by various miserable (in the style of West Ham) kants for suggesting we might only be 2 points off Saints tonight.

WELL WE ARE YOU MISERABLE BARSTEWARDS SO GET BEHIND THE BOYS & STOP WHINGING!

We could now go top on Friday. Believe!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 Mar 2012 19:58

Kumb
Anyone who still believes that you only get out of this division by playing football really do need to see what Reading under Matt Lucas are doing...grind, niggle, time-waste and win.

Carlos

by Carlos » 31 Mar 2012 20:01

Brilliant game, as has been said football will not get better than this. A few points:

How good to beat West Ham who are so up their own arses it's unbelievable.

Celebrated more for Hunt's goal than for any other goal we've scored, other than maybe Curo at Brentford.

We were outplayed for first 30 minutes, with Harte's delivery looking consistently poor. Then on 43 he gets one right and the confidence just came back into our play. From then on there was only one winner.

Roberts is such a good player to have when ahead and only a few minutes left, brilliant at holding it up and annoying opposition defenders, did the same at Millwall a few weeks back.

Nolan is a tosser.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 31 Mar 2012 20:03

MmmMonsterMunch
I was practically laughed off the board by various miserable (in the style of West Ham) kants for suggesting we might only be 2 points off Saints tonight.

Well done you! :wink:

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 31 Mar 2012 20:04

BILL ODDIE, BILL ODDIE, RUB YOUR BEARD ALL OVA MY BODY!

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 31 Mar 2012 20:05

Amazing away day! The match just breezed past me and I was just dreaming for most of it (or so I thought!). The game was a brilliant spectacle - very nerve-racking though. We were shocking for the first 30 minutes though. As an aside Nolan is a complete oxf*rd.

Feds - 8 couldn't do much for either goal, hero for pulling up his socks and today's main WUM.
Cummings - 9 One of his best games for us. Superb defensively with some very important headers. Got forward well.
Pearce - 8 His usual solid self.
Gorkks - 8 Superb header for the goal but let Vaz Te get the jump on him for their second. Poor first 20.
Harte - 8 Scored, and got another assist. Had Faubert in his pocket but delivery was poor first half.
Kebe - 8 won countless free kicks and scored a goal of the season contender which was, of course, disallowed.
Leigertwood - 10. An absoloute beast all game. He was everywhere, scored, only remember him giving it away once. Arguably his best performance for us IMO.
Karacan - 8 Excellent, but unlucky to get injured. Didn't play very well in the first 10.
McAnuff - 9 Just doesn't stop running. A captains performance. Unlucky not to score but he was just wonderful today.
Hunt - 9 Had moment when he was very bad but more moments when he was very, very good. Flick ons were superb and took his goal(s) well!
Roberts - 8 grinned all game, nevr stopped trying. My only qualm is that the man flatly refuses to head the thing!

Tabb - 7
HRK - 7
Afobe - 7

Fans - 10.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 31 Mar 2012 20:09

I can't give ratings - it's all a blur really. :D Plus row B was crap in terms of seeing the game. Wouldn't recommend sitting there although was good for giving the Sham fans a load of abuse.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 31 Mar 2012 20:11

Avon Royal
MmmMonsterMunch
I was practically laughed off the board by various miserable (in the style of West Ham) kants for suggesting we might only be 2 points off Saints tonight.

Well done you! :wink:

See there is a point to being 'senselessly' optimistic. We are fcuking good!

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 31 Mar 2012 20:20

Amazing. Great atmosphere, great performance after the 43rd minute and we can be top on Friday!

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 31 Mar 2012 20:24

Only saw it on the I'net.

Just two sentences:

For the first 40, I felt the HT whistle couldn't come soon enough, and that we'd be luckybooing-in 1-0 down.

For the rest of the game: UURRRRRRRZZZZZZ!!!!!!

Shackleton Royal

by Shackleton Royal » 31 Mar 2012 20:25

Well, that was mental!!

Half time mosh pit to Bill Oddie in the concourse was mental - I stayed well away from that!

How did Hunt miss the chance after around 20 mins?! But loved his finish for the second.

Roberts was as strong as an ox and completely wasted time counting down the clock.
It's still not done and dusted but our toes are over the line!!

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 31 Mar 2012 20:39

moo BILL ODDIE, BILL ODDIE, RUB YOUR BEARD ALL OVA MY BODY!

+1,000,000

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 31 Mar 2012 21:15

Fantastic atmosphere and a cracking day out!

10/10 for all the players. Fantastic work rate as usual.

How did everyone cope with the tube on the way back? The queue at Upton Park was MASSIVE. I walked onto Plaistow and got straight on :lol:

Great to see the banner Rex! top work!

241 posts