Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by SWLR » 03 Apr 2012 15:33

andrew1957 The deal could already be signed but they might wait until the end of the season to announce details.

When the news initially broke it caused the team to blip so best to let the players do their stuff and save news on the takeover until May.

I hoped Brum would see a rendition of "We're not Real Madrid.." but how to end it if things are not tied up?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Apr 2012 16:07

I was thinking before the announcement of the delay that its a little imprudent to be announcing take over details in the middle of a big old promotion battle. I think we'll see an announcement if we see the gap significantly widen between us and West Ham, if we're confirmed as up, or after the Play Offs.

Maybe those involved don't see it as a problem and we will get an annoucement mid-April regardless.

I still see no reason to worry based on rumours, chinese whispers or heresay. And I still don't see any reason to cry too hard if it doesn't come off in the end anyway. Brilliant if it happens, business as usual if it doesn't. Which I was fairly content with anyway.

William Oddie

by William Oddie » 03 Apr 2012 16:08

SWLR
andrew1957 The deal could already be signed but they might wait until the end of the season to announce details.

When the news initially broke it caused the team to blip so best to let the players do their stuff and save news on the takeover until May.

I hoped Brum would see a rendition of "We're not Real Madrid.." but how to end it if things are not tied up?

'We're not Real Madrid, we're not Barcelona. We are Reading Football Club, we're not currently sure whos the owner' This will have to do for now im afraid?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 03 Apr 2012 20:16

Has that Russian crook taken over you lot yet? Not heard anything recently, even though the club said TSI would take over in March. Well, we're in April now.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 03 Apr 2012 20:18

No Fixed Abode Has that Russian crook taken over you lot yet? Not heard anything recently, even though the club said TSI would take over in March. Well, we're in April now.

read the thread nob head.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 03 Apr 2012 20:22

Chaney
No Fixed Abode Has that Russian crook taken over you lot yet? Not heard anything recently, even though the club said TSI would take over in March. Well, we're in April now.

read the thread nob head.

RattLOLed^^

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 03 Apr 2012 20:24

No Fixed Abode Has that Russian crook taken over you lot yet?

Haven't been following this - is Abramovich interested now? :shock:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Apr 2012 20:25

RobRoyal

Haven't been following this - is Abramovic interested now? :shock:

Now Chelsea are struggling to even get into the Champions League, let alone win it, he's going to want to drop them and find someone more likely. I think we're a bit unlikely as a choice though.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 03 Apr 2012 20:38

Ian Royal
RobRoyal

Now Chelsea are struggling to even get into the Champions League, let alone win it, he's going to want to drop them and find someone more likely. I think we're a bit unlikely as a choice though.

We're IN the Champions League. Playing Benfica tomorrow night. :lol:

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 03 Apr 2012 20:40

No Fixed Abode

You have zero chance with Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern still in it, let alone you're battle for 4th place to qualify for the CL next season...

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 03 Apr 2012 20:41

Friday's Legacy
No Fixed Abode

You have zero chance with Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern still in it, let alone you're battle for 4th place to qualify for the CL next season...

8)

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 03 Apr 2012 20:48

Royal Lady
Bandini
Royal Lady I don't blab on here

lies

M8 I don't!!! I could write a book about what I know about other nobbers - that they have themselves confided in me - but I never would. I've never shared anything that anyone has told me. So go wind up someone else today!

I'll give you decent editorial rates if you write it.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Apr 2012 20:52

No Fixed Abode
Ian Royal
RobRoyal

It would be hard for you to struggle to get into the Champions League once a season has started. It's a yes / no option at that point. Although I guess Chelsea are classless enough to do something worthy of a hearing to decide if they should be chucked out.

Not looking great for next season is it Kes...

PS RattLOLed. :roll:

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 03 Apr 2012 21:02

Oh Keslar...

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 04 Apr 2012 12:11

Apparently Reading are currently negotiating with Forest school in Winnersh about using their facilities to be able to provide the academic requirements needed as part of gaining EPPP Category 1 Academy status.

Other requirements needed are accommodation, 16 full time members of staff across the Academy and an annual investment of £2.4 million

Looks like the take over deal definitely sliding down the pan then :roll:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Apr 2012 13:32

:?:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Apr 2012 17:42

Actually, Forest School in Winnersh have been chosen to host the U15s from the Academy for the next Academic year and beyond. I believe there are other schools in the area who will be educating the other years from the Academy. The boys aren't, for obvious reasons, allowed to play football for the school though!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Apr 2012 23:21

It is embarrassing. Reading fans h8 #the big spenders'. BUT as as soon as a Russian crook comes in and starts buying/paying players wagers for Reading it's ok! Biggest oxf*rd of all time...... :lol: Can't w9 for your fans to turn your back on the club! Afterall, it's what Reading is all about!.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Apr 2012 23:34

No Fixed Abode It is embarrassing. Reading fans h8 #the big spenders'. BUT as as soon as a Russian crook comes in and starts buying/paying players wagers for Reading it's ok! Biggest oxf*rd of all time...... :lol: Can't w9 for your fans to turn your back on the club! Afterall, it's what Reading is all about!.

It's alright Kes, we know you support Chelsea and don't understand the difference between prudent investment and spending and spunking millions on big name after big name in a desperate attempt to buy instant success, rather than actually take the time to build a team.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Apr 2012 23:36

Me thinks Kessy boy is shhlightly dwunk.
Last edited by sandman on 06 Apr 2012 23:41, edited 1 time in total.

5145 posts