Back from the game (or Watching Sky)

227 posts
percy_freeman

Re: Back from the game (or Watching Sky)

by percy_freeman » 13 Apr 2012 21:26

Don't give a flying.....WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE..............

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 13 Apr 2012 21:28

Completely agree with Kitsondinho. On another day we might have been buried at half-time, Tabb and Mullins weren't involved and that peach of a cross aside, Kebe may as well have not been on the pitch. Even Roberts was subdued.

But we weren't, we rode our luck, Federici made some smart stops and we nicked it. Brilliant.

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 13 Apr 2012 21:30

Firstly - amazing - i want to have le fondre's babies!!

Cummings is good but still needs to be stronger. Tabb is mr 50p head.

The saints we're easily the better team but we took our chances and they didn't make the most of their possession.

Unbelievable. URZ!

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 13 Apr 2012 21:31

Well, the perfect game plan from the perfect manager.

In some ways playing Brighton on tuesday set us up nicely for this one. IMHO Brigton passed the ball quicker but Southampton seemed to have a better idea on how to use it.

It was good to see two decent teams not trying to con te ref all the time - possibly because Southampton are that good they believed they were going to score goals.

I thought we were going to be in for a torrid time without Leightwood and Karacan but, as ever, McDermott had a game plan that restricted them to dead balls and some long range efforts - you can't really ask for more than that away from home.

I'm going to nail my colours to the mast - McDermott has put together the best Reading team I've ever seen. The 106 had better players and played better football, but McDermott has extracted every ounce out of the squad. I'm staggered at what he's achieved.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 13 Apr 2012 21:32

Oh, also I thought we stepped up a gear int he 2nd half. Lot better than the first.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Apr 2012 21:34

cmonurz Completely agree with Kitsondinho. On another day we might have been buried at half-time, Tabb and Mullins weren't involved and that peach of a cross aside, Kebe may as well have not been on the pitch. Even Roberts was subdued.

But we weren't, we rode our luck, Federici made some smart stops and we nicked it. Brilliant.

Except that on those other days we were winning at Upton Park and the Amex. 8)

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 13 Apr 2012 21:35

Royal With Cheese Oh, also I thought we stepped up a gear int he 2nd half. Lot better than the first.

Tabb going off changed it for me. I love Jay, but he didn't look 100% fit.

yuomi

by yuomi » 13 Apr 2012 21:36

I was thrown out of an inverness pub for celebrating roberts' goal.cost me to get another pub to put it on.i have no nails left but I am deliriously happy. what a night, what a team, what a boss. Urzzzzzz!

Tommy Youlden's Ears

by Tommy Youlden's Ears » 13 Apr 2012 21:42

Player ratings? Pah.

TEAM rating. 10.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 13 Apr 2012 21:42

royalhaven OMG that was awesome!! (and no I am not a 13 year old girl). Perfect Reading performance really. McD is the best manager by far. Set them up perfectly. Scored on the breaks and absorbed all the pressure. Agree that Tabb was less than stellar and I really never saw Mullins, Kebe frustrated and then provided two assists so there you go. I don't think it was a steal or smash and grab or whatever. I think it when perfectly to plan 8)

I can tell you're not 13 - quoting Echo and the Bunnymen as your location :wink:

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 13 Apr 2012 21:55

Liam Hadley on Twitter: "Reading are so boring, they just absorb pressure & break. Yes it works (esp with a keeper of Federici's quality) but it's dull."

This guy's Twitter profile (you guessed it) is: 'Long-suffering West Ham fan looking to get into media'

I though we'd finished with them, but the West Ham fans' deluded arrogance really is the gift that keeps on giving.

Ozymandias
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ozymandias » 13 Apr 2012 22:09

cmonurz Completely agree with Kitsondinho. On another day we might have been buried at half-time, Tabb and Mullins weren't involved and that peach of a cross aside, Kebe may as well have not been on the pitch. Even Roberts was subdued.

Can't believe this, but I agree.

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 13 Apr 2012 22:11

Fantastic result, even if we rode our luck at times. Style of play dictated by injuries to a certain extent. Urz!

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 13 Apr 2012 22:16

Ozymandias

Can't believe this, but I agree.

It's just the Reading way isn't it.... Like it or go support Liverpool...

Oh... :wink:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Apr 2012 22:18

Well, that was fun.

2nd half we clearly stepped it up. Southampton were decent, but only have one way of playing which is to lump it up to Lambert.

Concourse was mad from 7 onwards

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 13 Apr 2012 22:18

We were debating, but did anyone actually hear Mullins name mentioned during commentary?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Apr 2012 22:20

grey_squirrel We were debating, but did anyone actually hear Mullins name mentioned during commentary?

He was very good tonight. Quietly effective.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 13 Apr 2012 22:21

'Greed

Ninja midfielder

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 13 Apr 2012 22:31

Those of us lucky enough to be at St Marys tonight can say " We were there " the night we beat Southampton and all but secured our place back in the so called Promised land the Premiership . Simply unbelievable , we were sat literally on the far end in the corner by the Saints fans by god it was awesome ......one of the best nights of my life !! Leaving the ground you've never heard such a whinging bunch of sour grapes in all your life from them .....tossers......Now going to watch the game back with a grin from ear to ear ...bloody marvelous , oh deep joy

royalhaven

by royalhaven » 13 Apr 2012 22:33

Badger Finger 'Greed

Ninja midfielder

Is that true though (genuine question)? At the pub I was at there was no sound so I couldn't actually hear the sky commentary BUT I never really saw Mullins with the ball, make a move for the ball nor did I see him do anything interesting. Did I miss something? Probably a bit harsh.

227 posts