Basingstoke Royal

Re: The Soton (A) Match Thread - Sponsored by Matthew Le-Tissier

by Basingstoke Royal » 13 Apr 2012 22:48

What a great night!

Are you watching Matty Mills?

Cypry

by Cypry » 13 Apr 2012 22:52

PremAddict And their ONE GOAL was bound for Fedders had it not been deflected. Theirs was a lucky goal...

And don't I know it - had a scorecast on Reading 3-0 with Roberts scoring first at 140-1 tonight.....

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 13 Apr 2012 22:52

Past 2 games....

39 shots against

1 goal conceded

8)

postwhisperer

by postwhisperer » 13 Apr 2012 23:05

Royal Lady McD should get Manager of the Season. He really should. He's so understated, so calm and collected - he's a lot like Coppell. He's repaid whatever his pay increase was 10 fold already in my eyes .

with some of the miracles ive pulled off in football manager I am more deserving of the award.. it has nothing to do with the 500million pound budget i gave myself :?

Maria Kr.

by Maria Kr. » 13 Apr 2012 23:06

AbovetheI Past 2 games....

39 shots against

1 goal conceded

8)

THIS! Love it

Pool and Darts

by Pool and Darts » 13 Apr 2012 23:08

AbovetheI Past 2 games....

39 shots against

1 goal conceded

8)

And that is why you have a goalkeeper - to stop the shots.
The better your goalkeeper is, the more shots get stopped.
Therefore, we have a very, very good goalkeeper.

From another angle, many of the statistics that are 'attempts' at goal are easy/soft ones that will never trouble the keeper, but they are still a shot at goal. Some of that will be due to the good defensive work in front of the keeper.
Either way - Feds keeps pulling off saves and the Championship's best defence is now top of the league.

But some people still choose to ignore the facts........

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 13 Apr 2012 23:16

Anyone else just keep randomly punching the air? :oops:

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 13 Apr 2012 23:18

My wife took a terrific picture of Le Tissier on SSN doing a Big Sam looking up at the sky. Fantastic!!

southstand67

by southstand67 » 13 Apr 2012 23:21

Basingstoke Royal What a great night!

Ha ha ha! I hope he was!

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 13 Apr 2012 23:22

Barney Work commitments meant I could not get to the game tonight. But as a season ticket holder for the last 32 years, let me tell you how I feel.

That was electric tonight. Backs to the wall, but an absolutely EPIC performance. Not one man, but a team. Older guys like Roberts and Harte loving it. Younger players like Cummings and Pearce busting a gut for the team. I've seen some great seasons and some utter cr@p seasons, but this season is legendary. I've had a beer or two, and there will be a few more tonight. Tuesday can not come quick enough. The Madstad will be packed and I can barely wait to cheer these players onto the pitch.
McDermott, Gibbs, the backroom staff, and the WHOLE playing staff...take a bow. You've been brilliant. Almost there. You deserve the title, and hopefully back to back home wins will secure it. You deserve it.

I have enjoyed the promotions in 1976, 1979, 1984, 1986, 1994, 2002 and 2006..... but this feels good. This feels very good.

How do I feel being a Reading fan ? Bloody love it. Always have and always will :D

Barney you fackin' legend! This sentence sums it all up for me. I am Cummings-ish in my tenure as a Reading Fan in my comparsion to most of you Roberts-ish or McDermott-ish fans but I am enjoying this just as much! Out oxf*rd standing!

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 13 Apr 2012 23:31

southstand67

Ha ha ha! I hope he was!

Imagine how he feels watching his mates get promoted after joining the dead certs for promotion.

#billybigbollocksisstayingdownandlosthishollyoaksbird

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 13 Apr 2012 23:32

Basingstoke Royal
southstand67

Ha ha ha! I hope he was!

Imagine how he feels watching his mates get promoted after joining the dead certs for promotion.

#billybigbollocksisstayingdownandlosthishollyoaksbird

He was sat with the Reading fans when we played Leicester at home.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 13 Apr 2012 23:33

LOL

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 13 Apr 2012 23:45

seahawk10
Barney Work commitments meant I could not get to the game tonight. But as a season ticket holder for the last 32 years, let me tell you how I feel.

That was electric tonight. Backs to the wall, but an absolutely EPIC performance. Not one man, but a team. Older guys like Roberts and Harte loving it. Younger players like Cummings and Pearce busting a gut for the team. I've seen some great seasons and some utter cr@p seasons, but this season is legendary. I've had a beer or two, and there will be a few more tonight. Tuesday can not come quick enough. The Madstad will be packed and I can barely wait to cheer these players onto the pitch.
McDermott, Gibbs, the backroom staff, and the WHOLE playing staff...take a bow. You've been brilliant. Almost there. You deserve the title, and hopefully back to back home wins will secure it. You deserve it.

I have enjoyed the promotions in 1976, 1979, 1984, 1986, 1994, 2002 and 2006..... but this feels good. This feels very good.

How do I feel being a Reading fan ? Bloody love it. Always have and always will :D

Barney you fackin' legend! This sentence sums it all up for me. I am Cummings-ish in my tenure as a Reading Fan in my comparsion to most of you Roberts-ish or McDermott-ish fans but I am enjoying this just as much! Out oxf*rd standing!

Cheers pal.

I love this club. I am a bit oiled now, but can barely wait till Tuesday. It's a great club. We are not Man Utd or Arsenal, we are Reading. And do you know what...we are proud to be Reading. We are from Berkshire. Not a hot bed of football, but we love our club. We might well bounce between the Championship and the Premiership, but anyone who loves this club will enjoy it. No longer are we in the bottom half of the 92 league clubs. We are Reading. We are in amongst it. A truly brilliant club. Some folks hate us...so what. 40 years I have been supporting my home team, and I still love EVERY win. Wasn't there tonight, but watched the game on TV on a knife edge !! Christ knows what the neighbours heard when we scored our 3rd !!! I shouted like a teenager and blasted a "we are going up" chant. The cans of London Pride are kicking in now, but I will give those boys a huge appreciation when they enter the pitch the Tuesday. I love it. We are Reading, and we are top of the league.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 13 Apr 2012 23:46

This thread has nothing on the Brighton one :(

Disappointing.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 13 Apr 2012 23:50

Barney
seahawk10

Cheers pal.

I love this club. I am a bit oiled now, but can barely wait till Tuesday. It's a great club. We are not Man Utd or Arsenal, we are Reading. And do you know what...we are proud to be Reading. We are from Berkshire. Not a hot bed of football, but we love our club. We might well bounce between the Championship and the Premiership, but anyone who loves this club will enjoy it. No longer are we in the bottom half of the 92 league clubs. We are Reading. We are in amongst it. A truly brilliant club. Some folks hate us...so what. 40 years I have been supporting my home team, and I still love EVERY win. Wasn't there tonight, but watched the game on TV on a knife edge !! Christ knows what the neighbours heard when we scored our 3rd !!! I shouted like a teenager and blasted a "we are going up" chant. The cans of London Pride are kicking in now, but I will give those boys a huge appreciation when they enter the pitch the Tuesday. I love it. We are Reading, and we are top of the league.

I love you Barney.

mx

by mx » 13 Apr 2012 23:53

Barney
seahawk10

Cheers pal.

This is exactly it. Celebrated all those promotions and suffered all the relegations in between! That's what makes it all the better.

ps Likewise, well-oiled. Running out of ale. May nned to move onto the port soon.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 14 Apr 2012 00:26

Come the cold, hard light of Saturday, feast your squinted, bloodshot eyes and throbbing crania on this nice, fairly concise page of season's stats, including monthly divisional rankings, a progressive bar/line graph charting points won and table position, a graphical presentation of goal times, and a few other stats-centred nuggets

It really is just staggering, all of this...but then you take a close look at the whole thing by the numbers and all on a single page, and you see that it's no fluke or accident, either

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 14 Apr 2012 00:43

13 goals between 85 and 90 minutes (the most we have scored in any five minute segment of the match) is pretty darn impressive.

551 posts