Back From THE Game - Forest

126 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back From THE Game - Forest

by Royal Lady » 18 Apr 2012 08:08

Knew we'd win when I saw TMD was reffing.

FANTASTIC atmosphere last night, even though the game was pretty "meh" - but who cares - that's been us all season - not always pretty football but we get the results! Jem is a ledge - discharging himself from hospital so he could come down and join the celebrations and then going back to hospital!

Ledge was MOTM by far and deserved to score the goal that sent us back up.

My head hurts and I've not had much sleep - but I don't care!! Same again on Saturday please!!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Apr 2012 08:11

Still feels a bit surreal. Poor game, but it seemed once we knew all we had to do was score, we scored. Happy days, can't wait for B'ham.

Please could someone re-size this for me so I can use it as an avatar? Thanks xx

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 18 Apr 2012 08:14

Pepe the Horseman Still feels a bit surreal. Poor game, but it seemed once we knew all we had to do was score, we scored. Happy days, can't wait for B'ham.

Please could someone re-size this for me so I can use it as an avatar? Thanks xx

Haha have you got a bigger version of that pic too?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Apr 2012 08:16

Na, nicked it off Jem's twitter

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 18 Apr 2012 09:08

As a game not likely to live long in the memory but what a night.

Thought Forest were decent and didn't deserve to lose last night and, on that showing, I'm not sure why they're at the wrong end of the table. Not sure what happened in the build up to the free kick that led to the goal as the east stand lino had flagged for offside moments before but then put his flag down. It might have been this that Elokobi was so riled about (I thought tho that he was their poorest player - built like a brick shithouse but not a left back).

Ledge was my MOTM even before he scored - blocked, tackled and harried throughout. Also thought Mullins was ok, not as effective as Jem but not at all bad. Jimmy had his moments but Forest doubled and tripled against him limiting his opportunities to shine. Roberts was excellent but given no protection by the ref (who seemed to be using a random decision generator throughout). Loved the cheeky grin to the east stand after playing the ball off a Forest player to win a throw in.

Now to win the title this weekend.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 18 Apr 2012 09:13

wingnut As a game not likely to live long in the memory but what a night.

Thought Forest were decent and didn't deserve to lose last night and, on that showing, I'm not sure why they're at the wrong end of the table. Not sure what happened in the build up to the free kick that led to the goal as the east stand lino had flagged for offside moments before but then put his flag down. It might have been this that Elokobi was so riled about (I thought tho that he was their poorest player - built like a brick shithouse but not a left back).

Ledge was my MOTM even before he scored - blocked, tackled and harried throughout. Also thought Mullins was ok, not as effective as Jem but not at all bad. Jimmy had his moments but Forest doubled and tripled against him limiting his opportunities to shine. Roberts was excellent but given no protection by the ref (who seemed to be using a random decision generator throughout). Loved the cheeky grin to the east stand after playing the ball off a Forest player to win a throw in.

Now to win the title this weekend.

The linesman flagged for offside of a throw-in.

I shit you not, I couldn't believe it. We reminded him of the rulez.

Ledge was indeed MOTM

William Oddie

by William Oddie » 18 Apr 2012 09:19

The linesman flagged for offside of a throw-in.

I shit you not, I couldn't believe it. We reminded him of the rulez.

Ledge was indeed MOTM

We noticed this, he held his flag up for a good 5 seconds from the throw and the ref RIGHTLY ignored and we one the fee kick on the edge of the box. The rest as they say is history!!

What a night. Hope a fe wof the West Sham boys were tuned in to sky sports news last night. Thats how its done!

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 18 Apr 2012 09:21

Blimey didn't realise that. What a nob. I'm sure he got a couple of offside decisions against Forest wrong in the first half too.

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 18 Apr 2012 09:33

First half was just dire. We were far too edgy, Cummings the most obvious one crapping himself in possession.

But agree that we had much more threat when Alfie came on. He needs to play, but then so does Hunt and Roberts. 4-3-3 ?

Lost my phone, hat, scarf and clapper on the pitch last night. And cheers to the bloke who helped my little boy out who took a tumble off my shoulders.

One final note - Forest fans were decent. Stayed to applaud us at the end.

Last night will live long in the memory

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 18 Apr 2012 09:49

Gorkss has just tweeted

"Such an exciting day - so many options"

With a link to a picture of many different facial hair styles.

Methinks Kaspars was on a shave embargo until we were promoted.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 18 Apr 2012 10:11

M-U-R-T-Y Edit: Snip

This one, actually.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 7_04_2012/

Goal - 1m30s :shock:

Promotion - 15m10s

anyway of downloading that, to keep?

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 18 Apr 2012 10:21

Absolutely fantastic last night, 15 out of 17 wins is really something and bar the start of the season it ended up with a bit of the '106' season feeling. I guess it was always going to be a tense tight affair yesterday, clearly the nerves were on show especially Cummings. However getting in 0 0 at halftime was key, Mcdermott giving the instructions and we grind out another win. We have looked stronger and stronger defensivly as the season has gone on throughout the team and this is the reason we are hard to beat. The capture of Gorkks though was immense, he has given the defence real stability and is perfect for Pearce especially given that we were short on numbers at the start (remember Khumalo blimey!!). Anyone out of Gorkks/Pearce/Federici for player of season for me.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 18 Apr 2012 10:25

wingnut A
Not sure what happened in the build up to the free kick that led to the goal as the east stand lino had flagged for offside moments before but then put his flag down. It might have been this that Elokobi was so riled about (I thought tho that he was their poorest player - built like a brick shithouse but not a left back).

it was from a throw in, saw the lino stick his flag up also but you can't be offside from a throw so it was ignored.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 18 Apr 2012 10:27

Awesome, awesome night. We were rubbish, with the exception of Legend-wood, who from my seat in the North Stand seemed to move box to box with the whole team on his shoulders, terrific performance from (no disrespect meant) a journeyman pro who to me was best known for 'once playing for MK Dons', he has come to Reading and played the best football of his life.

Atmosphere in the ground was terrific, when we scored I had a coronary, when Pearce cleared off the line I had another.

Being right in front of Harte's free kick something told me that was going to be the moment, our set pieces had been decent all night. Surely, surely, we would get on the end of one of them, and that we did. The ground erupted.

Savoured 15 minutes on the pitch at the end - doesn't the grass feel weird?

Brilliant to end Madejski's tenure in this way, he looked so, so happy. 6 months ago with talks of lack of investment and the team staring nervously over it's shoulder, could anyone have imagined that Sir John would sign off as the owner of a Premier League club? What a launch pad for the club, a new owner and a bright horizon in view. Can't wait for August.

Oh and, record since 21st January.

P17 W15 D1 L1 F33 A10 Pts 46

:mrgreen:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 18 Apr 2012 10:29

cmonurz Awesome, awesome night. We were rubbish, with the exception of Legend-wood, who from my seat in the North Stand seemed to move box to box with the whole team on his shoulders, terrific performance from (no disrespect meant) a journeyman pro who to me was best known for 'once playing for MK Dons', he has come to Reading and played the best football of his life.

Atmosphere in the ground was terrific, when we scored I had a coronary, when Pearce cleared off the line I had another.

Being right in front of Harte's free kick something told me that was going to be the moment, our set pieces had been decent all night. Surely, surely, we would get on the end of one of them, and that we did. The ground erupted.

Savoured 15 minutes on the pitch at the end - doesn't the grass feel weird?

Brilliant to end Madejski's tenure in this way, he looked so, so happy. 6 months ago with talks of lack of investment and the team staring nervously over it's shoulder, could anyone have imagined that Sir John would sign off as the owner of a Premier League club? What a launch pad for the club, a new owner and a bright horizon in view. Can't wait for August.

Oh and, record since 21st January.

P17 W15 D1 L1 F33 A10 Pts 46

:mrgreen:

Hello again

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Apr 2012 10:30

wingnut A
Not sure what happened in the build up to the free kick that led to the goal as the east stand lino had flagged for offside moments before but then put his flag down. It might have been this that Elokobi was so riled about (I thought tho that he was their poorest player - built like a brick shithouse but not a left back).

Strange how opinions differ. We spent the whole first half bemoaning the fact that he was having such a good game at left back!

As for his build - Wolves man & Floyd Streete Mark 2!

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 18 Apr 2012 11:08

Pretty awful game really, not complaining though! Thought Forest did an excellent Job on us, which Cotterill is pretty good at doing in general. Zero corners for us whilst playing 2 attacking wingers.

The team looked so nervous in the 1st half. Cummings was pretty much shitting bricks the whole game, He looked visibly petrified whenever the ball came near him in the 1st half.

The 8pm kick off really worked to our advantage. When the news of West hams result filtered out you good see the pressure lift off the players.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 18 Apr 2012 11:10

After alfie's miss I didn't think we'd have another chance. Kind of fitting that the ground was singing one goal and we're going up....from the next next freekick lege sticks his leg out of absolutely nowhere and volleys it in, unbelievable.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 18 Apr 2012 11:17

What the hell were Forest appealing for when we scored? :|

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Apr 2012 11:18

alfie didnt miss. keeper pulled off a worldy

126 posts