Congratulations to Reading

LUFC_stoney

Congratulations to Reading

by LUFC_stoney » 28 Apr 2012 16:47

For winning the league and going up after an excellent job by McDermott. Thoroughly deserved and I hope to see you give Man U, Man City and Chelsea good games next season, and show them how it's done without spending stupid amounts of money.

I know we may have lost favour with you after Brown and Pugh's antics at the Madjeski - understandably so, I want rid of both myself - but I thought I'd pop in and congratulate you. Pleased the legend that is Ian Harte finally has that long awaited league winners medal as well! (Childhood hero of mine you see :wink: )

So yeah, well done and hope you stay up next season because it would be a waste of QPR proportions, after all the hard work this season. Get in.

(PS - you may have the better football team, but we have the better festival. :lol: )

Forest Gump

Re: Congratulations to Reading

by Forest Gump » 28 Apr 2012 16:57

Thanks for that.
I did follow Leeds in the 70's and 90's as my second favourite team and have a lot of respect for Peter Lorimer who is one of the best midfielders to have played in this country.
I also have a lot of time for Neil Warnock despite our recent rivalries.
Leeds is a big club and Yorkshire needs a premiership team so I hope that you get up soon.

Dickie Davies

by Dickie Davies » 28 Apr 2012 17:08

LUFC_stoney For winning the league and going up after an excellent job by McDermott. Thoroughly deserved and I hope to see you give Man U, Man City and Chelsea good games next season, and show them how it's done without spending stupid amounts of money.

I know we may have lost favour with you after Brown and Pugh's antics at the Madjeski - understandably so, I want rid of both myself - but I thought I'd pop in and congratulate you. Pleased the legend that is Ian Harte finally has that long awaited league winners medal as well! (Childhood hero of mine you see :wink: )

So yeah, well done and hope you stay up next season because it would be a waste of QPR proportions, after all the hard work this season. Get in.

(PS - you may have the better football team, but we have the better festival. :lol: )

Haha, nicely done Stoney, the very best to you & yours nest season.

Dirty fcuks.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 28 Apr 2012 17:10

Cheers chap. With regards the festival? We just lend you it each year to give you some much-needed glory :wink:

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 28 Apr 2012 17:28

LUFC_stoney For winning the league and going up after an excellent job by McDermott. Thoroughly deserved and I hope to see you give Man U, Man City and Chelsea good games next season, and show them how it's done without spending stupid amounts of money.

Kwality. However, once a club is stamped with the imprint of Bremner and Revie, you get what you deserve. :wink:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Apr 2012 18:33

If Leeds could go back to Revie, Bremner,, Harvey, Lorimer, Madeley, Reaney, Cherry, Jones, Jordan, McQueen, Grey x2, Hunter, Charlton and my boyhood hero Alan Clarke, Reading could fook right off...I'd still be sporting my "admiral" sock tags

working class hero

by working class hero » 29 Apr 2012 10:19

AthleticoSpizz If Leeds could go back to Revie, Bremner,, Harvey, Lorimer, Madeley, Reaney, Cherry, Jones, Jordan, McQueen, Grey x2, Hunter, Charlton and my boyhood hero Alan Clarke, Reading could fook right off...I'd still be sporting my "admiral" sock tags

Don't forget cooper, Giles and even bates. And just after revie I would add mckenzie...happy days.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Apr 2012 10:36

AthleticoSpizz If Leeds could go back to Revie, Bremner,, Harvey, Lorimer, Madeley, Reaney, Cherry, Jones, Jordan, McQueen, Grey x2, Hunter, Charlton and my boyhood hero Alan Clarke, Reading could fook right off...I'd still be sporting my "admiral" sock tags

this explains a lot :wink:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Apr 2012 15:20

working class hero

Don't forget cooper, Giles and even bates. And just after revie I would add mckenzie...happy days.
of course and indeed

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 30 Apr 2012 08:58

AthleticoSpizz
working class hero

of course and indeed

You forgot Gary Sprake .... Just for the LOLZ

Wasn't Sniffer in the Barnsley team that got twatted 7-0 at EP with OLOLie Kearns leading the attack?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 30 Apr 2012 08:59

Forest Gump I also have a lot of time for Neil Warnock despite our recent rivalries.
Leeds is a big club and Yorkshire needs a premiership team so I hope that you get up soon.

Fcuk off :|

Leeds can go get relegated for all i care

working class hero

by working class hero » 30 Apr 2012 10:40

Sprake was omitted - not forgotten!
The reserve keeper would be Lukic for me...

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 30 Apr 2012 11:12

I liked this from one of the newspapers. Waitrose doing their bit for the club!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 30 Apr 2012 11:15

Friday's Legacy I liked this from one of the newspapers. Waitrose doing their bit for the club!

Bet they're actually getting quite excited at the thought of their name being splashed all over the "best" league in the world next season. Incidentally how many clubs in the PL are sponsored by a solidly British brand like Waitrose and aren't a betting firm?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 30 Apr 2012 11:20

Barry the bird boggler Bet they're actually getting quite excited at the thought of their name being splashed all over the "best" league in the world next season. Incidentally how many clubs in the PL are sponsored by a solidly British brand like Waitrose and aren't a betting firm?

Norwich, Stoke, Newcastle??

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 30 Apr 2012 11:46

Blackburn

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 30 Apr 2012 11:49

TBM Blackburn

Not a sponsorship deal though.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Apr 2012 11:58

we all hate leeds scum

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 30 Apr 2012 12:07

Platypuss
TBM Blackburn

Well no, but Blackburn are sponsored by them :D

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 30 Apr 2012 12:10

TBM
Platypuss
TBM Blackburn

Well no, but Blackburn are sponsored by them :D

Nope. It's Blackburn donating to a charity.