Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by FiNeRaIn » 13 May 2012 10:22

Tbf i'd rather FL took his job or started his own paper, it would be a better read.

In for FL starting his own rumour website.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 13 May 2012 10:26

If longevity of this check is down to the PL thinking Anton on his own doesn't have the cash required so they want to know how rich the other backers are, then how much do you think Bill Kenright is worth?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 13 May 2012 10:44

Bill Kenwright has about 10 mill, it's everyone else at Everton with the money. Even then, it's not that much.

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 13 May 2012 20:15

ZacNaloen So what is obolensky worth then?

In Scrabble, f ucking loads.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 13 May 2012 20:26

Pay vs Performance 2010/11

It's interesting to see that 47 points, which should be enough to keep us up next season, costs on average £1.43m salary per player.

It'll be interesting to see if that trend continues for this season: higher wages = higher league placing.

It's also worth noting that from 7th place down the league is very fair and open in terms of average weekly wage. If TSI want to get Reading to the top half of the table inside a couple of seasons then it's plausible £25-30k a week will be enough to achieve that.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 13 May 2012 21:01

Friday's Legacy Pay vs Performance 2010/11

It's interesting to see that 47 points, which should be enough to keep us up next season, costs on average £1.43m salary per player.

It'll be interesting to see if that trend continues for this season: higher wages = higher league placing.

It's also worth noting that from 7th place down the league is very fair and open in terms of average weekly wage. If TSI want to get Reading to the top half of the table inside a couple of seasons then it's plausible £25-30k a week will be enough to achieve that.

Would those averages include the likes of Simon Locke and Jordan Obita, for example? Would that mean the regular players pushing towards 40-50k a week?

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 13 May 2012 21:03

They won't be in the 25 man squad which, I imagine, is where the figures are taken from

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 May 2012 21:39

They definitely won't include Simon Locke.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 14 May 2012 04:34

I worked with Andrew Obolensky in Geneva in the late nineties. He seemed a decent bloke and was clearly quite rich. One of my roles was to arrange an office base in England, and I suggested Petersfield because I was living there at the time. He insisted that he wanted to create the office near Oxford, which, I think, was his UK home.

I left his company because they were trying to create something that just wasn't possible. Obolensky was the 'money man' and was taken in by certain people you just wouldn' t trust. But, all-in-all, he was a decent man trying to make some money.

RepressedRoyal

by RepressedRoyal » 14 May 2012 08:27

Any news on the takeover? There you go, that's my contribution to get this thread past the 200 mark............

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 14 May 2012 08:38

Hampshire Royal I worked with Andrew Obolensky in Geneva in the late nineties. He seemed a decent bloke and was clearly quite rich. One of my roles was to arrange an office base in England, and I suggested Petersfield because I was living there at the time. He insisted that he wanted to create the office near Oxford, which, I think, was his UK home.

I left his company because they were trying to create something that just wasn't possible. Obolensky was the 'money man' and was taken in by certain people you just wouldn' t trust. But, all-in-all, he was a decent man trying to make some money.

csb

Blue Jay

by Blue Jay » 14 May 2012 09:31

Never trust a Russian. Mark my words Sir John needs to back pedal very fast and get out of this deal before the season starts. The club's outlook has changed massively with promotion, the financial picture is better and we need good stewards for the club not Rusky chancers!

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 14 May 2012 09:32

RepressedRoyal Any news on the takeover? There you go, that's my contribution to get this thread past the 200 mark............

next week :D

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 May 2012 10:15

Blue Jay Never trust a Russian. Mark my words Sir John needs to back pedal very fast and get out of this deal before the season starts. The club's outlook has changed massively with promotion, the financial picture is better and we need good stewards for the club not Rusky chancers!

Hi Jay

Blue Jay

by Blue Jay » 14 May 2012 10:59

Hi Pepe

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 14 May 2012 11:49

Blue Jay Never trust a Russian. Mark my words Sir John needs to back pedal very fast and get out of this deal before the season starts. The club's outlook has changed massively with promotion, the financial picture is better and we need good stewards for the club not Rusky chancers!

Russian Stewards? Strong measures being taken to make Y26 sit down!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 May 2012 14:04

chilipepper91 They won't be in the 25 man squad which, I imagine, is where the figures are taken from

I'd imagine that the average will be taken across all professionals on the books as I don't think any club would be willing to give out the cost of just their first team squad (not sure if Deloitte get this for their annual analysis of football finance).

Total wage bill is something in the clubs annual report and so available, I think, for all Premier League clubs.

Loyal Royal Royal

by Loyal Royal Royal » 14 May 2012 14:13

i know his sounds dodgy and unreliable but mate of mine viewed a house at the weekend and got talking to the owner about RFC.

the guy was a " close personal friend " of SJM and he reckons take over is definitely off and SJM not concerned as we in prem.

reliable or not the delay could give both parties a convenient way of backing out gracefully.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 14 May 2012 14:18

Loyal Royal Royal i know his sounds dodgy and unreliable but mate of mine viewed a house at the weekend and got talking to the owner about RFC.

the guy was a " close personal friend " of SJM and he reckons take over is definitely off and SJM not concerned as we in prem.

reliable or not the delay could give both parties a convenient way of backing out gracefully.

You can't delay something that is "definitely off"

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 14 May 2012 14:27

HoneyRoastHoax
Loyal Royal Royal i know his sounds dodgy and unreliable but mate of mine viewed a house at the weekend and got talking to the owner about RFC.

You can't delay something that is "definitely off"

Ooh, I love it when it get's philosophical on here!

5145 posts