McDermott - " I want to manage Ireland"

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

Re: McDermott - " I want to manage Ireland"

by leww_rfc » 24 May 2012 11:38

No Fixed Abode Not really the sort of news you want to hear when you've just been promoted to the Premier League. Shows a lack of respect to the club and the fans.

Weak :lol: :lol: :lol: His actual quote was he'd like to manage Ireland, he'd never manage England. Keep fishing though pal. Gold star.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 24 May 2012 11:45

Platypuss
No Fixed Abode Where did I say it wasn't old news? :lol:

Like I said though. Bit silly of McDonut to come out with a statement like that. Reading - another stepping stone for someone who doesn't give a shit about the club really.

Probably best to cut your losses now m8 - no one bit on that manky old b8 the first time. :lol:

Yet you still reply. :lol:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 24 May 2012 11:48

moonwalklikebas
No Fixed Abode Not really the sort of news you want to hear when you've just been promoted to the Premier League. Shows a lack of respect to the club and the fans.

Shut up you absolute bellend! Its a long term career ambition. Football is a job like any other, you have to see progression and change. He loves the club, he is Mr. Reading FC. He has been here for so many years and i imagine he appreicates the fans and the chairman. Id like to play for barca one day or sorry am i being disrespectful to my current employer.

Definitely rattLOLed by using insults. :lol:

My point is - whilst he's employed by Reading, he shouldn't come out and say he wants to work somewhere else. It's like being employed at Vodafone and telling them you want to work for O2.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 24 May 2012 11:51

Would be pretty dissapointing if Reading was the peak of any manager ambition, shows a dangerous lack of ambition.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 24 May 2012 11:56

ZacNaloen Would be pretty dissapointing if Reading was the peak of any manager ambition, shows a dangerous lack of ambition.

So why say you want to manage ROI? :lol:

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 24 May 2012 12:18

No Fixed Abode
ZacNaloen Would be pretty dissapointing if Reading was the peak of any manager ambition, shows a dangerous lack of ambition.

I guess because he sees ROI as his country and, as has been said by numerous international managers in the past, managing your country is the ultimate accolade.

And don't forget that Alex Ferguson had already managed Scotland prior to joining Man Utd so I don't think you can apply that statement to him.

Still Hate Futcher!

by Still Hate Futcher! » 24 May 2012 12:53

No Fixed Abode

You're right! I've just binned my ST in disgust and will only watch televised games from now on until we sack him. It'll be just like being a Chelsea or Man U fan.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 24 May 2012 14:04

I think he just wants to manage Shane Long again...

MassSarrslibrarian

by MassSarrslibrarian » 24 May 2012 14:38

T.R.O.L.I.
No Fixed Abode

I guess because he sees ROI as his country and, as has been said by numerous international managers in the past, managing your country is the ultimate accolade.

And don't forget that Alex Ferguson had already managed Scotland prior to joining Man Utd so I don't think you can apply that statement to him.

Ferguson was a crap Scotland manager, despite his record for Aberdeen which obviously got him the appointment. And why is it disappointing for Reading to be the peak of any manager's ambition's-we are a Premier League team....who knows, in a few years time, if TSI ever goes thru and if money comes in...making us more capable of attracting players, Europe could beckon

But if Brian wanted at some point in the future to manage his country, I cerrtainly would have no problem with that

KDRF

by KDRF » 24 May 2012 16:09

Bless...

superreadingfan

by superreadingfan » 24 May 2012 16:19

Ireland? Are U oxf*rd Serious? A Tin Pot Nation Over Premier League? GET A GRIP MACDERMOTT

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 24 May 2012 18:18

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 May 2012 20:15

MassSarrslibrarian

Ferguson was a crap Scotland manager, despite his record for Aberdeen which obviously got him the appointment. And why is it disappointing for Reading to be the peak of any manager's ambition's-we are a Premier League team....who knows, in a few years time, if TSI ever goes thru and if money comes in...making us more capable of attracting players, Europe could beckon

Off topic maybe, but that's hugely unfair on Ferguson. He took the Scotland job on a temporary basis for Mexico 86 after Jock Stein died of a heart attack pitchside during Scotland's last qualifier. Jock Stein was like a father figure to him and unquestionably the single biggest influence on Ferguson's career both as a player and a manager. He certainly didn't want the Scotland job on a permenant basis.

Reading Republican

by Reading Republican » 25 May 2012 05:38

Ireland? Are U oxf*rd Serious? A Tin Pot Nation Over Premier League? GET A GRIP MACDERMOTT

Whereas if he said England you'd say what exactly? :lol:

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 25 May 2012 09:45

Reading Republican

Whereas if he said England you'd say what exactly? :lol:

<< expecting a response of "he's not English so he can oxf*rd off"....go and manage your own country.... :roll:

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 May 2012 20:28

3 pages of people who bother to reply to Kez

Reading Republican

by Reading Republican » 25 May 2012 20:57

expecting a response of "he's not English so he can oxf*rd off"....go and manage your own country..

I was referring to the Tin Pot nation insult.......anyway all this future international management business is irrelevant; Brian McDermott will be Reading FC Manager for the forseeable.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 27 May 2012 12:08

Why the hell do we have Chelsea and Utd fans who post on here? Seriously?

I think its the equivilant of sitting in the home end at the Mad Stad, and they should be booted off the board.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 May 2012 13:24

moo Why the hell do we have Chelsea and Utd fans who post on here? Seriously?

I think its the equivilant of sitting in the home end at the Mad Stad, and they should be booted off the board.

Maybe because they're trying to wind you up.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 27 May 2012 17:12

DavidM62 Old news - I remember it from ages ago. Probably actually said its something he would like to do and papers have twisted it.

Was in the Telegraph last year I thinks