Federici Signs New Deal

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Saaaaaaaammmmmm

Federici Signs New Deal

by Saaaaaaaammmmmm » 02 Aug 2012 18:14

Until 2015: http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/federici-contract-020812-289388.aspx

Reading Football Club are delighted to announce that goalkeeper Adam Federici has signed a new contract until the summer of 2015.

Adam's previous contract had less than 12 months to run, so this represents a major signing for the Royals. In a summer when the club have brought in six new faces, securing Adam's long term future takes on the very same importance.

At 27 Adam is a fantastic age for a goalkeeper, and even though he already has experience of the World Cup, Olympics and Barclays Premier League, he will no doubt continue to grow as he returns to the best league in the world.

The Australian international first joined the club in December 2004, and has gone on to make 163(+3) games, scoring one goal. 

Chairman Sir John Madejski said, "Adam has been an absolute mainstay of our football club for nearly eight years now, he is part of our backbone and was so vital in getting us promoted again. He has a tremendous pedigree and I'm over the moon he has signed for us once more because he is without doubt one of the best goalkeepers in the country."

Director of Football Nick Hammond added, "This is a very, very important signing for us. Adam was the best goalkeeper in the Championship last year and I think he will prove to be one of the best in the Premier League as well. He is a magnificent example to young players of what can be achieved when hard work and dedication are allied with talent. We are all delighted that he has signed."

Manager Brian McDermott said, "I am really pleased to have secured Adam for another three years. I have known him for a number of years now, it seems like time has flown and he has constantly been developing into a top class goalkeeper. He is a lesson to young pros about what is required to get to the top of your game. His workrate, diligence and desire are second to none and we're delighted he's chosen to commit to us again."

Adam added, "It's absolutely great to have signed this new contract. I've been here a long time, I've put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears so it wouldn't have been right to do anything other than sign again. The club has got great backing, there's a real good feel around the place, the club is only going in one direction and that's upwards."

Petercccccc

Re: Federici Signs New Deal

by Petercccccc » 02 Aug 2012 18:29

Great, brilliant, fantastic. Remember hearing about him coming to England and going to clubs with videos of himself trying to get his break.... I'm sure he went somewhere before us on trail but they didn't follow up there interest. idiots

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 02 Aug 2012 19:57

Good, now lets end all of the silly 'Feds is leaving' rumors

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 02 Aug 2012 22:10

Grinning and smiling now on the OS. Only 12 months ago he issued his shameful come and get me plea on SSN. Obviously not forgotten by a lot of fans, thus why he got nowhere near POTS.

I imagine he is looking forward to the 21 extra Sky camera angles for him to showboat regulation saves, only this year he'll be flapping at a lot of thin air.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Aug 2012 22:19

Fork Hoff. He wanted the club to show some ambition and now he is happier with the direction the club is going.

Excellent news and one of the best signings of the summer.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 02 Aug 2012 23:11

sandman Fork Hoff. He wanted the club to show some ambition and now he is happier with the direction the club is going.

^^^^^^ this

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Aug 2012 00:22

Hope there's a decent release clause in there so we can sell him next Summer and fulfil his ultimate desire of leaving Reading FC. Prick.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 03 Aug 2012 01:14

Royal Ginger Good, now lets end all of the silly 'Feds is leaving' rumors

They all sign new contracts just before they leave. It gives both club and player more leverage in negotiations.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Aug 2012 10:30

if any player in the world listed reading FC as his ultimate ambition, id probably not want him any way.
what kind of nugget wouldnt want to play at a higher level

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 03 Aug 2012 11:32

melonhead if any player in the world listed reading FC as his ultimate ambition, id probably not want him any way.
what kind of nugget wouldnt want to play at a higher level

We play at an ok level, would love to have played for RFC . :wink:

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 04 Aug 2012 09:44

Big Foot Hope there's a decent release clause in there so we can sell him next Summer and fulfil his ultimate desire of leaving Reading FC. Prick.

You most certainly are. Big Ern.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 04 Aug 2012 11:06

sandman Fork Hoff. He wanted the club to show some ambition and now he is happier with the direction the club is going.

That's a change from your 'McCarthy is much better than Federici' line.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 04 Aug 2012 16:35

LoyalRoyalFan

That's a change from your 'McCarthy is much better than Federici' line.

To be fair I think Sandman has alway's been a Feds man.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Aug 2012 16:43

LRF getting it wrong as usual there.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 04 Aug 2012 18:31

Ian Royal LRF getting it wrong as usual there.

Sarcasm doesn't mix with you does it?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Aug 2012 18:34

LoyalRoyalFan
Ian Royal LRF getting it wrong as usual there.

Sarcasm doesn't mix with you does it?

hard to tell the difference between you being wrong and being wrong sarcastically.

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1