Chelsea (A) Match Thread *sponsored by Coles Choc ices*

537 posts
Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

Re: Chelsea (A) Match Thread *sponsored by Coles Choc ices*

by Gus the teenage cow » 22 Aug 2012 21:58

oh and can i urge everyone to abuse gary lineker on twitter

he seems to think it's been a brilliant start to the premier league season after watching an inept decision decide a game - bellend

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 22 Aug 2012 21:58

Fwiw I think Fed's msitake on the 4th goal was not necessarily coming up for the corner, but not immediately legging it back when it went nowhere near him. The ball was half cleared, and he stayed in the penalty area.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Aug 2012 21:58

My pet hate is " positive " bollox after we've lost to the Europeam champions after being 2-1 up with 15 minutes to go and our goalie makes a howler a sunday league keeper would be ashamed of ....positives my arse , we lost[/quote]

Oh I'm sorry lets just wreck the bloke's confidence by tearing him to shreds instead. Great idea.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Aug 2012 21:58

Ideal
MmmMonsterMunch Oh come on. Sh1t happens sometimes. Plenty of positives - Guthrie & McCleary looking great, Jem is back. We've just played the European Champions away from home FFS. Perspective please.

That's just f'kin great, but the fact remains, we were 2-1 up looking comfortable, they looked like they could play 10,000 minutes and not score a goal.
Then Federici let in a bumbling brick thrown from a million miles away into the net, and they looked rejuvinated, and promptly won the match.
That was the pivotal point, that was what changed the match outcome, so F**K that rose tinted rubbish, FFS he cost us the match!

You forget the reason we were 2-1 up.

old woman

by old woman » 22 Aug 2012 21:59

John Madejski's Wallet ps How the f*ck is it legal for Ivanovic to have served his 3 match ban in the reserve league??????

Barton was going to play for Fleetwood for this reason -though not sure reserve matches count.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 22 Aug 2012 21:59

cmonurz Fwiw I think Fed's msitake on the 4th goal was not necessarily coming up for the corner, but not immediately legging it back when it went nowhere near him. The ball was half cleared, and he stayed in the penalty area.

^^^ This tbf

However, if we're going to blame anyone, i'd blame the reading player that failed to challange Torres as he broke with it. Shoulda taken a card for the team

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 22 Aug 2012 22:00

Handsome Man Brilliant performance really

We had so much of the game and scored a brilliant goal, and just remember how Pearce nearly made it 3-1

Feds was brilliant last year - he'll come good, so there's no need to panic - and we were top of the league

I'm jealous of everybody who was there, and not remotely jealous of any Chelsea fan - they have Cole and Terry in their side and we don't

So much of the game?
Talksport said possession was 71%/29%.
It sounded like a good game and similar to Saints game away at City and in both games the top club only got ahead in the later stages.
Good to see the promoted clubs having a go.
Unfortunately 2 points lost to Stoke who are one of the teams in the lower mini-league may turn out to be costly so we do need to get something from the Sunderland game where it could be a good time to play them as eventually,according to the papers,they will have about 6 new costly players before next week is out.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 22 Aug 2012 22:00

Gus the teenage cow oh and can i urge everyone to abuse gary lineker on twitter

he seems to think it's been a brilliant start to the premier league season after watching an inept decision decide a game - bellend

Quite - 'Greatest League in the world'? Not when it features incompetent officials like that. :twisted:

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 22 Aug 2012 22:00

BM would have sent him up, he would not have gone up without being told to do so.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 22 Aug 2012 22:00

RoyalBlue
handbags_harris
leww_rfc Whoevers blaming Feds is an idiot.. if he'd scored then he'd be your hero.

Any keeper would've gone up then

Doesn't negate the fact he's made his second error directly leading to a goal conceding does it?

We would not have gone chasing that goal if the score had been 2-2. It was that cheating c8nt linesman who put us in that situation.

YEah, re-read the comment and he's on about the last minute clincher. I had my mind on the Cahill shot so my comment is about a different goal. Ignore please :oops:

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 22 Aug 2012 22:01

How was the 4th goal allowed to stand?? 1 Reading player between the goal and the ball, which was definitely played forwards. That's Offside too...there must be two players.

Most awful refereeing team in history!?!

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 22 Aug 2012 22:01

Royal Monk
You can't surely call Chelseas 4th a Feds howler

Why not , he's a GK ..... stay in oxf*rd goal you aussie retard

Yes you can. Absolute howler! How many times have you seen a goalie go up in the last minute, the corner come in, the ball gets lost and the goalie stays back and the opposing team score? I can remember lots of goalies coming up in the last minute but I can't remember a lot of, if any, opposing goals. He should have ran back the minute it didn't come to him bt he stayed there because he knew how badly he fukked up and wanted to make amends. He didn't! He just made us look stupid. I hope that goal doesn't cost us at he end of the season.
Last edited by Ups and Downs on 22 Aug 2012 22:04, edited 2 times in total.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 22 Aug 2012 22:01

old woman
John Madejski's Wallet ps How the f*ck is it legal for Ivanovic to have served his 3 match ban in the reserve league??????

Barton was going to play for Fleetwood for this reason -though not sure reserve matches count.

But at least he'd be serving them in a 1st team scenario. Not in imaginary reserve games he has never played in anyway

E. Andrew

by E. Andrew » 22 Aug 2012 22:01

Thought Pearce looked surprised / not ready to have a chance at the header, don't think it can be quite counted as a 'should have'. But the 4th chance / goal for Chelsea shouldn't have existed, so still within reach.

NTRoyal

by NTRoyal » 22 Aug 2012 22:02

Caskeys Lovechild How was the 4th goal allowed to stand?? 1 Reading player between the goal and the ball, which was definitely played forwards. That's Offside too...there must be two players.

Thats actually an excellent point.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 22 Aug 2012 22:02

John Madejski's Wallet
old woman

But at least he'd be serving them in a 1st team scenario. Not in imaginary reserve games he has never played in anyway

I thought Ivanovic avoided a ban, because the CS is considered a pre-season friendly.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 22 Aug 2012 22:02

cmonurz Fwiw I think Fed's msitake on the 4th goal was not necessarily coming up for the corner, but not immediately legging it back when it went nowhere near him. The ball was half cleared, and he stayed in the penalty area.

This.

Fair play for coming but run back the minute it goes absolutely nowhere fukking near you.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 22 Aug 2012 22:03

Caskeys Lovechild How was the 4th goal allowed to stand?? 1 Reading player between the goal and the ball, which was definitely played forwards. That's Offside too...there must be two players.

errrrr this ^^^^ ?

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 22 Aug 2012 22:03

Shame we didn't at least get a point. Torres' goal not being called offside cost us, but plenty of positives to take from that.

McCleary had a good game, as did Guthrie. Karacan is back. The Pog scored his first goal and looked good....

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 22 Aug 2012 22:03

Simon's Church
RoyalBlue
Simon's Church
2 in 2 games, last season has no bearing on current form.

Thank f*ck you aren't our manager.

And well bottled out of the challenge. You imply he has made numerous howlers and is a liability only to then concentrate on just two games from his whole career at the club.

Yeah I'm sure McDermott is thrilled with Federici's form, you don't think 2 howlers in 2 games is enough for people to question how he's then?

Bet McDermott doesn't drop him though. Unlike you he realises that two mistakes don't turn a fantastic keeper into a poor one and, unlike you, has the intelligence to realise that ripping him to shreds and/or dropping him will make matters worse. Rest assured Feds is the type of individual who will be beating himself to pieces over this, without any assistance from ignorant morons!

537 posts