Fans Forum on Thursday

193 posts
grey_squirrel

Re: Fans Forum on Thursday

by grey_squirrel » 05 Sep 2012 08:53

starliaison
Woodcote Royal
weybridgewanderer more imposrtantly its the AGM, so all those of you that think STAR do not represent you can get along and get youselves voted on the committee

or is that too much like hard work and means you can't moan about STAR anymore

either go and stand for election or stop moaning

Why don't you go and take one up the arse for the rest of us :|

With no one left on the STAR board who is even willing to interact with this forum, why the fcuk should anyone here give a stuff?

As an organisation that should be doing it's level best to represent all Reading fans, it's doing a great job of alienating many regular posters here, myself included.

I am sure a lot on here will not sympathise but it is the posts such as many on this thread that is the reason the rest of the STAR Board are not willing to post on here. There are not enough masochists on the Board to take on the constant abuse and negativity here.

There will be efforts to communicate elsewhere in the RFC universe but not here.

Well that's pretty plss poor predictable from you. In case you hadn't noticed there is a sizeable community of real fans on here, who regardless of their opinion, still follow and support the club with their hard earned cash from their pockets. Still, you don't care, do you.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 05 Sep 2012 08:54

but the whole point was, they didn't need to interact with hobnob as such - I, or someone else, would be willing to collate complaints/issues/suggestions and pass them to a member of the STAR board - they chose not to want to do that.

I don't and won't want to set up an alternative to STAR - it would never work as no-one would listen to us. I set up a group of FB to gauge the number of people who felt STAR didn't represent them. So shut it Bendy.

Like it or not, hobnob is one of the largest groups outside of STAR with a collection of RFC fans and choosing to not even want to listen to what they have to say is a bit daft. But that's just my opinion.

If I have an issue, I contact the club directly and I suggest everyone else does the same if they're not "into" STAR.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 05 Sep 2012 08:54

starliaison
I am sure a lot on here will not sympathise but it is the posts such as many on this thread that is the reason the rest of the STAR Board are not willing to post on here. There are not enough masochists on the Board to take on the constant abuse and negativity here.

There will be efforts to communicate elsewhere in the RFC universe but not here.

Complete cop out. You are just saying that to make yourself feel better about the poor representation you offer fans' views.

- Communication could be one way on here if you are too important to rub shoulders with the peasants
- You could ask opinions on issues where you want to make sure you have covered everything in your thinking (and ignore a few of the less useful posts). You would probably find that if you improved your comms and your output the abuse would be minimal.
- In addition to the above, you even had someone offer to do this for you - but turned it down!
- You could become more representative and boost your membership levels and the level of service you offer.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 05 Sep 2012 09:08

starliaison
Woodcote Royal
weybridgewanderer more imposrtantly its the AGM, so all those of you that think STAR do not represent you can get along and get youselves voted on the committee

or is that too much like hard work and means you can't moan about STAR anymore

either go and stand for election or stop moaning

Why don't you go and take one up the arse for the rest of us :|

With no one left on the STAR board who is even willing to interact with this forum, why the fcuk should anyone here give a stuff?

As an organisation that should be doing it's level best to represent all Reading fans, it's doing a great job of alienating many regular posters here, myself included.

I wouldn't look at twitter either if i was you starliason!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 05 Sep 2012 09:14

Woodcote Royal As an organisation that should be doing it's level best to represent all Reading fans, it's doing a great job of alienating many regular posters here, myself included.

I'm not overly convinced that you actually need any further assistance in that regard.

General B
Hob Nob Regular

by General B » 05 Sep 2012 09:48

Once again free speech is stifled on an independent supporters forum to satisfy the Reading FC Spastics Society. At least when Sara Jacob was in charge you had a nice smile and a pair of tits to look at, now we've got the Reading Football Club Marketing Nazis goose-stepping all over the ordinary fan.

Honesty, have we really reached a point where you can't potato shop an SS hat, a Hitler moustache and a comedy spunking cock onto the self appointed 'Voice of Reading' without the thought-police getting involved?

This country.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 05 Sep 2012 10:50

Amen to that!

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 05 Sep 2012 12:16

Won't come on here to communic8, but will be on here quick as a flash to silence anyone who so much as repeats an anecdote from the forum.

It's all a bit pathetic isn't it?

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 05 Sep 2012 12:29

STAR just keep finding ways of embarrassing themselves and alienating the majority of fans!
Do us a favour and fold!!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 05 Sep 2012 12:33

Oh goody, Another thread where I get to LOL at the irony of the name "starliason"

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 05 Sep 2012 12:57

Royal Lady Brian nor Anton nor anyone like that will be there - so I can tell you what the players will be saying.

"Great to be playing in the Premier League"
"Looking forward to the challenges ahead"
"We work together as a great team"
"Jason's not quite fit but hopes to be soon"
"Harte doesn't think his age is against him, he has good support from other players"
"Need to look forward to the next game, not look back"
"Shown great promise - we'll improve and start winning - hopefully against Spurs LOLz" etc etc.

STAR have e-mailed Graham asking him to take this down.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 05 Sep 2012 13:01

How many members does STAR have?

As in actual members, not euphemistic members.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 05 Sep 2012 13:05

Not sure. Membership was about 4.5k a few years ago, but I think it's been slowly declining since. I'd be astounded if it's less that 2k each season now.

Which is more than 7 times as many as the 282 people who've made 1k posts on HNA, for instance.

General B
Hob Nob Regular

by General B » 05 Sep 2012 13:07

rofl at paying £10 to join an organisation that essentially does the same job that Denny Fulbrook did single-handedly for 20 odd years.

"Hello, is that Horseman? Can we have two coaches for Saturday please? Thanks." click wrrrrrrrrr.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 05 Sep 2012 13:09

Alexander Litvinenko Not sure. Membership was about 4.5k a few years ago, but I think it's been slowly declining since. I'd be astounded if it's less that 2k each season now.

Which is more than 7 times as many as the 282 people who've made 1k posts on HNA, for instance.

Interesting choice, 1k of posts. I'd be more interested in the number of people who actively read HNA tbh were I seeking to do a comparison (which I wasn't).

I did join STAR for a year, paid my £10 and after a year thought "wtf did I do that for?" and went on my way. Probably quite a bit of that goes on.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 05 Sep 2012 13:12

Alexander Litvinenko Not sure. Membership was about 4.5k a few years ago, but I think it's been slowly declining since. I'd be astounded if it's less that 2k each season now.

1000 posts is too high a threshold, Dirk, if you consider a post to be a 'communication', even 100 posts is a lot of views, and there's 969 of them. I'd be surprised if more than 100 or so of those STAR members did any more for the organisation that use the coaches and/or attend the odd forum.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 05 Sep 2012 13:14

Maguire

Interesting choice, 1k of posts. I'd be more interested in the number of people who actively read HNA tbh were I seeking to do a comparison (which I wasn't).

I did join STAR for a year, paid my £10 and after a year thought "wtf did I do that for?" and went on my way. Probably quite a bit of that goes on.

The choice was down to laziness - I got sick of wading through the members pages and called it a day at 1k - know way of getting the data for page reads except off Graham.

I suspect lots of people did - the two problems (IMHO) are that people don't put any real value onto representation (their right, of course, but they can't expect it for nothing), and that STAR's member base is too small and too skewed to a particular type of supporter to be truly representative.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 05 Sep 2012 13:15

I think STAR have shot themselves in the foot really. But that's their prerogative - they can't, however, now complain that people are moaning about them if they don't bother to have any interaction on this board, other than to tell people when the next coach booking sesh is open.

2k members out of about 20k support is, as we all know, only 10% of the support - so why they think THEY have the final say on things I'm not sure - surely they'd get more gravitas from the club if they were wanting to change something or whatever, if the club knew they were speaking on behalf of a lot more fans? Just my opinion really - and I'm sure the likes of Yellowcoat (whoever he is) will chime in and say I'm just moaning - but I really don't understand them tbh.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Sep 2012 13:15

moonwalklikebas STAR just keep finding ways of embarrassing themselves and alienating the majority of fans!
Do us a favour and fold!!

HNA? isn't the majority of fans. This is all an HNA? vs STAR thing don't act like it has anything to do with the majority of RFC fans. It's an exclusive club of fans arguing with another exclusive club of fans over the minutes of a meeting.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 05 Sep 2012 13:17

cmonurz

1000 posts is too high a threshold, Dirk, if you consider a post to be a 'communication', even 100 posts is a lot of views, and there's 969 of them. I'd be surprised if more than 100 or so of those STAR members did any more for the organisation that use the coaches and/or attend the odd forum.

See above for comment on the 1k figure.

I think you massively underestimate the numbers. Fans Forums used to get 200-300 people as a minimum, and far more than the odd hundred or so use the coaches.

And paying a tenner and being represented and having the right to elect and influence does a lot for the organisation.

193 posts