Re: Lawro's Predictions

by Stuboo » 23 Sep 2012 15:36

Even Norwich fans don't like him.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2795595/PrintPost.aspx

This is a fairly new Facebook group:

Mark Lawrenson needs to shut up and get off my TV

Uncyclopedia page on Lawrenson:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_Lawrenson

If you search for "Mark Lawrenson is a oxf*rd" on Google it gives you a nice idea of how the man is thought of by many football fans.

:D

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Sep 2012 16:42

For crying out loud we've played 4 games and are an enormous 2 points with a game in hand off safety.

You know that even if we'd won all four Lawrenson would be saying we're in for a relegation fight because we can't keep the form up and have got lucky. He decided we're going down before a ball was kicked and he's not about to change his mind until we make him have to.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Sep 2012 21:05

Wimb
SCIAG What did Norwich have last year that we don't have now?

(I'll give you a clue)

Only 1 more point than we do now? the same total that both Swansea and Fulham had after four games.

Wolves meanwhile had 7 points from 12 and we know how that one panned out....

I was going to say "nothing", you STG. :wink:

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 23 Sep 2012 22:52

Lawrenson on MOTD has just said Mark Hulsey was right to send off Liverpool's Shelvey and to give man United a penalty. He even defended Ferguson. He's outdone him this time. Now even his own club, Liverpool, are going to hate him. Lol

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 23 Sep 2012 23:46

Stuboo Lawrenson on MOTD has just said Mark Hulsey was right to send off Liverpool's Shelvey and to give man United a penalty. He even defended Ferguson. He's outdone him this time. Now even his own club, Liverpool, are going to hate him. Lol

That's his opinion. It may differ to yours.

Shelvey should have been sent off. It was a penalty for Utd. Suarez/Evans in real time, hard to call. The direction
the ball moves implies Evans made contact with it, Suarez exaggerated his fall. Slowed down it was prolly a pen
but it would be close even then

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 24 Sep 2012 11:15

lawro "If McDermott keeps them up it's a loaves & fishes job"

s' ok lawro

brian has produced miracles every season hes been here

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 24 Sep 2012 15:59

It's a miracle Lawro still has a job. 8)

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 24 Sep 2012 16:53

Lawro looks like someone has melted Chris De Burgh.

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 28 Sep 2012 00:04

Lawro Pretty much the same as last time...and the time before that...

Reading v Newcastle

I might end up saying this every week for the forseeable future but I look at Reading and just don't think they have enough quality.

That is understandable for a side coming into the top flight but, on top of that, they also have quite a few liabilities in their team. Defensively they are not strong enough, not just not good enough. In midfield too, they are a little bit lightweight and I think teams are finding it too easy to play through them.

Newcastle have made a strange old start to the season in many ways. You could argue they didn't play well against Everton and got a point, and that they didn't play well against Tottenham and Norwich and got a win.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew goes back to the club where he made his name as a manager between 1999 and 2003 and I think it will be a happy return for him, especially if his side can begin to find some form.

Prediction: 1-2

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 28 Sep 2012 07:39

Defensively not strong enough? No doubt he's described Southampton as dead certs for a win.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 28 Sep 2012 08:00

Reading v Newcastle

I might end up saying this every week for the forseeable future but I look at Reading and just don't think they have enough quality.

That is understandable for a side coming into the top flight but, on top of that, they also have quite a few liabilities in their team. Defensively they are not strong enough, not just not good enough. In midfield too, they are a little bit lightweight and I think teams are finding it too easy to play through them.

Newcastle have made a strange old start to the season in many ways. You could argue they didn't play well against Everton and got a point, and that they didn't play well against Tottenham and Norwich and got a win.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew goes back to the club where he made his name as a manager between 1999 and 2003 and I think it will be a happy return for him, especially if his side can begin to find some form.

Take the RTG's off .....a pretty fair assement of RFC.

We need a Premiership centre half and a creative midfielder both of which have been discussed on this borad many times!!

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 28 Sep 2012 08:56

Yeah it's hard to argue with Lawro's assessment at the moment really, but it doesn't stop him being a pcunt.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 28 Sep 2012 11:15

At least Example reckons we'll get a 2-2 draw

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Sep 2012 11:35

BraisingsteakRoyal Lawro looks like someone has melted Chris De Burgh.

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 28 Sep 2012 11:46

Also in his prediction for the WBA v Villa game he says of West Brom - 'They deserved to beat Reading last week when they were comfortably the better team..'

Must have been watching a different game to me.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Sep 2012 15:57

just waching it through shit tinted glasses, and you were wearing blue and white striped ones

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 28 Sep 2012 16:59

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Reading v Newcastle

Take the RTG's off .....a pretty fair assement of RFC.

We need a Premiership centre half and a creative midfielder both of which have been discussed on this borad many times!!

Fair assessment? He's written us off before we've even got started. "Defensively not strong enough, not just not good enough"? Balls.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 28 Sep 2012 17:49

Andy Gray reckons we will WIN on Paddy Power's tips..... http://blog.paddypower.com/2012/09/28/andy-grays-exclusive-premier-league-tips/

Reading v Newcastle, Saturday, 3pm

Brian McDermott’s side may just shade it at 23/20 after their midweek win over QPR. Pavel Pogrebnyak to score first at 13/2.

Granted, it's not the most in depth tipping/preview.

I notice a pattern emerging.....Earlier in the thread I quoted Betfair tipping us to stay up. Now Paddy Power are tipping us to win tomorrow. Now. Let me think. Who would gain by giving punters duff advice on what to back?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 28 Sep 2012 19:22

southbank1871 Yeah it's hard to argue with Lawro's assessment at the moment really, but it doesn't stop him being a pcunt.

Being? He is a pcunt.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 05 Oct 2012 13:30

Cock boy has actually predicted - for the first time this season - that we will not lose!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19795970

Cock boy wrote:

Swansea v Reading

Both these teams are badly in need of a win.
As good as Swansea looked in the first couple of games, they now look as bad on a comparable scale. But in Michael Laudrup they have got a manager who won't panic. He is trying to subtly change his team's playing style while still picking up points, and it hasn't always happened for them.
Reading, meanwhile, still look short in every area. They are running their socks off for their manager Brian McDermott but that is the way they have got to be every week to pick up points.
And, for all their industry, the Royals have got too many men through their team making mistakes. McDermott did brilliantly to get them promoted last season but the Premier League is something else altogether.
They might get something out of their trip to Wales, though, because Swansea look poor defensively. Of their defence from last season, Steven Caulker has gone back to Tottenham and Neil Taylor is out with a serious injury, and the Swans are frail at the back.
A draw is not much good to either team in the circumstances but I think they will end up with a point apiece. In another four games or so we will have a much better idea of where their respective seasons are heading.
Prediction: 1-1

418 posts