35%
No
65%

Total votes: 37
The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Readings successive league wins at the start of a season

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 18 Oct 2012 07:50

Did Bangor in the Welsh League open up with 14 or 15 wins at the start of the season a couple of seasons ago?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Oct 2012 08:11

Turnball ACs
RoyalBlue
Turnball ACs Newport away, what a game and what a day. My first away game. Wonderful. 13 wins will never be beat.

But were you at Lincoln away or were you just a glory hunter out for the day at Newport. :wink:

The Welsh population did look on in amazement as that coach convoy rolled into town!

What a shame that some of the TV workers were on strike so we got far less coverage than we deserved.

As for the record being beaten, l think we can thank the transfer window for making sure that is unlikely to happen. virtually every team will change over every summer and therefore the odds are against them hitting such a run of form straight from the start of the season. One thing is almost certain, we won't see a McDermott team beat it with his infamous slow starts!

Cheeky f@@k. Glory hunter my arse. Seen Reading now at approx 75 grounds. Everyone has to start somewhere, especially as a 9 yr old you muppet. Can you beat that? If so fair play, but don't have a dig at proper loyal supporters. Kok

Oh dear! Either it's 'newbie syndrome' or you should have gone to spec-savers! Did you fail to spot the big yellow wink? :shock:

No dig at any supporters back in those days. Merely a reflection on what is said nowadays. Even with that winning streak, anyone following Reading could hardly be described as a 'Glory Hunter'. So a message from this 'muppet': 'f*ck off newbie!'.

And before you react angrily to that one, check out how it is used on this forum.

grey_squirrel
RoyalBlue
Turnball ACs Newport away, what a game and what a day. My first away game. Wonderful. 13 wins will never be beat.

But were you at Lincoln away or were you just a glory hunter out for the day at Newport. :wink:

I was and was also at Bury in the fog to witness our first league defeat that season. 3-1 if memory serves. We were shocking.

But what did you expect? We were playing Bury, our very real jinx team from those lower division days. We must have had a far worse record against them than McGhee has against us.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Oct 2012 08:16

The Real Sandhurst Royal Did Bangor in the Welsh League open up with 14 or 15 wins at the start of the season a couple of seasons ago?

Even if they did, I think we have to exclude the Welsh League! (I think we should exclude Welsh clubs from the English League too! :wink: ). If we count the Welsh League why not the Chichester Church League?!

Aubery Boyce
Hob Nob Regular

by Aubery Boyce » 18 Oct 2012 09:54

Turnball ACs
ManchesterRoyals Start to every season i always look out for this and wonder if the record will ever be beaten, i dont think it will, what u guys think?

Newport away, what a game and what a day. My first away game. Wonderful. 13 wins will never be beat.

Mine too. Dad took me and my sister "to see Reading make a bit of History" . I was 10.

We'd been to a fair few home games the season before and all the home games at the start of that season.

Hooked ever since..

as for it being beaten? One day it will, but every year i'm happy when it doesn't

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 20 Oct 2012 22:48

successive wins? I am beginning to wonder if we will get ANY wins this season

Turnball ACs

by Turnball ACs » 21 Oct 2012 10:14

Oh dear! Either it's 'newbie syndrome' or you should have gone to spec-savers! Did you fail to spot the big yellow wink? :shock:

No dig at any supporters back in those days. Merely a reflection on what is said nowadays. Even with that winning streak, anyone following Reading could hardly be described as a 'Glory Hunter'. So a message from this 'muppet': 'f*ck off newbie!'.

And before you react angrily to that one, check out how it is used on this forum.

grey_squirrel
RoyalBlue

I was and was also at Bury in the fog to witness our first league defeat that season. 3-1 if memory serves. We were shocking.

But what did you expect? We were playing Bury, our very real jinx team from those lower division days. We must have had a far worse record against them than McGhee has against us.[/quote]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx