Jason Roberts...Do you sometimes find him annoying?!

1019 posts
akranes
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jason Roberts...Do you sometimes find him annoying?!

by akranes » 18 Oct 2012 18:12

DelBoyRodders Surely refusing to wear the Kick it Out t-shirt (black or white person) is a more serious issue than the refusing the tedious pre-match handshake?
Roberts and anyone who follows his actions are undermining all the work the organisation are doing on their behalf.
Very embarrassing for Reading FC and not the sort of publicity our club deserves or needs.
If he's threatening to walk off the pitch if he's abused then he's not in a good state of mind to play.
Big decision for the manager to select him.
Think he'll be gone in the transfer window if an offer comes in.
He did a good job last season and I have huge respect for that, but we don't need this hassle and publicity, so get rid!

All I have to say is: what the oxf*rd?

Oh and stfu racist :D

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Oct 2012 19:01

DelBoyRodders Surely refusing to wear the Kick it Out t-shirt (black or white person) is a more serious issue than the refusing the tedious pre-match handshake?
Roberts and anyone who follows his actions are undermining all the work the organisation are doing on their behalf.
Very embarrassing for Reading FC and not the sort of publicity our club deserves or needs.
If he's threatening to walk off the pitch if he's abused then he's not in a good state of mind to play.
He did a good job last season and I have huge respect for that, but we don't need this hassle and publicity, so get rid!

Can we get rid of you first?

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 18 Oct 2012 19:18

omfg

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 18 Oct 2012 19:28

Weapons grade amount of sentencing in relation to the size of post, good effort that fair play.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 18 Oct 2012 20:04

Am I alone in seeing where Roberts is coming from? He is making a move to reinvigorate the anti-racist movement in sport, because he sees it becoming institutionalised, too identified with the organisation that gave out a weak ban to Terry. He feels the movement has become too complacent about its successes and needs a kick up the backside. I don't know if he is right or not, but I see his stance not as an act of stupidity but as a calculated political action to get people talking about the present issues in urgent terms.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 18 Oct 2012 20:09

facaldaqui Am I alone in seeing where Roberts is coming from? He is making a move to reinvigorate the anti-racist movement in sport, because he sees it becoming institutionalised, too identified with the organisation that gave out a weak ban to Terry. He feels the movement has become too complacent about its successes and needs a kick up the backside. I don't know if he is right or not, but I see his stance not as an act of stupidity but as a calculated political action to get people talking about the present issues in urgent terms.

I fully agree with you and Jason

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Oct 2012 20:21

Don't be surprised if you see Roberts find a reason to back down on this extreme stance by Saturday.

By threatening not to participate, he has already achieved his objective of ensuring that the concerns he has about the Kick It Out campaign are highlighted in the national media.

No need now to risk getting himself and his employers bad press by refusing to participate on Saturday.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 18 Oct 2012 20:34

Linden Jones' Tash
facaldaqui Am I alone in seeing where Roberts is coming from? He is making a move to reinvigorate the anti-racist movement in sport, because he sees it becoming institutionalised, too identified with the organisation that gave out a weak ban to Terry. He feels the movement has become too complacent about its successes and needs a kick up the backside. I don't know if he is right or not, but I see his stance not as an act of stupidity but as a calculated political action to get people talking about the present issues in urgent terms.

Make that 3 of us. Good on him!

redscot

Newsflash from Norway: Roberts on the front cover!

by redscot » 18 Oct 2012 20:38

I have never seen a Reading player on the front cover of a Norwegian newspaper. Link under:
http://fotball.aftenposten.no/england/article254342.ece

The link is on the front cover of the web-page.

Roberts is claiming he will not wear the Kick it out t-shirt for the Liverpool game. (I assume he nows he is playing.) At the end readers can comment. As I am writing this no-one has commented. Maybe someone should wake up seal hunting guy?

phil in cornwall

Re: Newsflash from Norway: Roberts on the front cover!

by phil in cornwall » 18 Oct 2012 20:42

There is already a Roberts thread running which is where this should be.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Oct 2012 20:42

Getting a bit fed up with Roberts, that article on the bbc makes him look like a total oxf*rd div.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Oct 2012 20:44

Ian Royal Getting a bit fed up with Roberts, that article on the bbc makes him look like a total oxf*rd div.

For standing up for what he believes in!?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Oct 2012 20:45

Kitsondinho
Linden Jones' Tash

Make that 4

redscot

by redscot » 18 Oct 2012 20:48

Not really. This thread is about a Reading player on the front cover of a Norwegian paper. It just happens to be Roberts. Just very odd, I cannot remember ever reading much about Reading in Norwegian papers.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Oct 2012 20:53

phil in cornwall There is already a Roberts thread running which is where this should be.
sometimes you want to say... sanctimonious twat

But I wont

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 18 Oct 2012 20:59

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 18 Oct 2012 21:06

paultheroyal
Ian Royal Getting a bit fed up with Roberts, that article on the bbc makes him look like a total oxf*rd div.

No one is denying his right to stand up for what he believes in, we're just questioning his over emotional, unfairly critical, confrontational way of going about it. He's offending the people who are on his side.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 18 Oct 2012 21:09

I'm proud of him.

He is an excellent ambassador for the club and makes me glad to be English.

I wish he would start scoring some goals though

Still Hate Futcher!

by Still Hate Futcher! » 18 Oct 2012 21:39

Kitsondinho
Linden Jones' Tash

+ another one.

I'm getting pretty pissed off with this idea that a black man must have a chip on his shoulder because he takes offence at racist abuse.

bassavage

by bassavage » 18 Oct 2012 21:58

Stuboo
paultheroyal

No one is denying his right to stand up for what he believes in, we're just questioning his over emotional, unfairly critical, confrontational way of going about it. He's offending the people who are on his side.

He's not the only one. Jason Brown (who said today that he was racially abused in Serbia when with Wales U21) has said he doesn't want anything to do with Kick it Out. Apprantley a few of our players and Aston Villa players are thinking of boycotting it. Good on them I say.

1019 posts