Elm Park Old Boy

Re: Team for tuesday

by Elm Park Old Boy » 30 Oct 2012 22:42

Well at least Federici can't moan about not being firts choice keeper

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 30 Oct 2012 22:42

Royal Lady I still feel sorry for him. He's a great bloke, not his fault he's out of his depth in the PL. :cry:

Yeah those were haunted eyes in that interview. Feel bad for him, and I guess it's only the fullness of time, if and when he ever does leave, that we'll find out what sort of financial support he had from the owners, and how much of this is down to poor management.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 30 Oct 2012 22:43

Everyone is pissed off by what happened, but is anyone actually surprised? Be honest, from the moment Walcott scored their first we all knew what was going to happen.

That is what will ultimately do for Brian.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 30 Oct 2012 22:43

Far too gloomy people. Amazing game, which we kind of threw away. But it's what being a Reading fan is all about. When Arsenal; got their second I just knew.

But I bet we win at QPR on Sunday.

JayRoyal

by JayRoyal » 30 Oct 2012 22:44

Premier League numbers are so hard to read on the home shirt. At least that won't be a problem for much longer...

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 30 Oct 2012 22:44

Avon Royal Everyone is pissed off by what happened, but is anyone actually surprised? Be honest, from the moment Walcott scored their first we all knew what was going to happen.

You know what, that is completely true.

Soon as he scored with the last kick of the half, I turned and said they were gonna peg us back

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 30 Oct 2012 22:45

Elm Park Old Boy Far too gloomy people. Amazing game, which we kind of threw away. But it's what being a Reading fan is all about. When Arsenal; got their second I just knew.

But I bet we win at QPR on Sunday.

U reakon are midfield will be fxxked on sat after extra time and he wont play guthrie

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 30 Oct 2012 22:45

Elm Park Old Boy Far too gloomy people. Amazing game, which we kind of threw away.

Kind of?

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 30 Oct 2012 22:45

would he take a role as head of youth development?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 30 Oct 2012 22:46

John Madejski's Wallet
Avon Royal Everyone is pissed off by what happened, but is anyone actually surprised? Be honest, from the moment Walcott scored their first we all knew what was going to happen.

Soon as he scored with the last kick of the half, I turned and said they were gonna peg us back

Who was behind you?

Esteban

by Esteban » 30 Oct 2012 22:47

Whichever way you cut it, that was unacceptable. The naïveté was shocking in the second half. McDermott needs to have a long hard think about where the team goes from here and January's transfers need to agreed upon now.

This isn't the time for fractious comments or knee jerk reactions, but realistically, Brian's job is on the line and he's going to need a lot of bottle and a calm head if he's going to come through this. But he looked like a broken man in that interview.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 30 Oct 2012 22:52

Norfolk Royal
John Madejski's Wallet

Who was behind you?

He thought Walcott was, but by the time he turned and looked he'd already got past him and scored with his Mrs.

Jon_rfc

by Jon_rfc » 30 Oct 2012 23:13

John Madejski's Wallet

That really is so true. Was going to put money on 4-4 at full time only for my ladbrokes account to play up.... Love McDermott but worrying when you think like this.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 30 Oct 2012 23:31

People need to settle down a bit. This was humiliating but if we somehow bag a win on Sunday then everything changes.

Our ball retention is so horrifically bad though, I can't see us keeping a clean sheet all season. I can't think how BM believed we had a midfield good enough to compete at this level. When you see players such as Reo-Coker going to Ipswich, you wonder if he could be any worse than Guthrie, Leigertwood or Tabb.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 30 Oct 2012 23:33

southbank1871 People need to settle down a bit. This was humiliating but if we somehow bag a win on Sunday then everything changes.

Our ball retention is so horrifically bad though, I can't see us keeping a clean sheet all season. I can't think how BM believed we had a midfield good enough to compete at this level. When you see players such as Reo-Coker going to Ipswich, you wonder if he could be any worse than Guthrie, Leigertwood or Tabb.

And he was a free too

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Oct 2012 23:42

Wimb
cmonurz Agreed on the points made. If this is Federici's route back into the team then McCarthy may as well just leave Reading now. Fcuk knows what Pearce has done to deserve dropping, I almost hope he's got a minor niggle and this isn't more poor man management from BMc. Is Gorkss undroppable?

Uninspiring midfield, which as says, confirms the fall out.

Contract situation in terms of Pearce, 90% convinced that this is what this is boiling down to now. Brian won't play Pearce until he signs, just as Church isn't being allowed out on loan until he does either.

If this is true, McDermott is a oxf*rd thick kunt.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 30 Oct 2012 23:43

Ian Royal
Wimb
cmonurz Agreed on the points made. If this is Federici's route back into the team then McCarthy may as well just leave Reading now. Fcuk knows what Pearce has done to deserve dropping, I almost hope he's got a minor niggle and this isn't more poor man management from BMc. Is Gorkss undroppable?

Uninspiring midfield, which as says, confirms the fall out.

Contract situation in terms of Pearce, 90% convinced that this is what this is boiling down to now. Brian won't play Pearce until he signs, just as Church isn't being allowed out on loan until he does either.

If this is true, McDermott is a oxf*rd thick kunt.

But Pearce was on the bench wasnt he?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Oct 2012 23:47

southbank1871 People need to settle down a bit. This was humiliating but if we somehow bag a win on Sunday then everything changes.

No it doesn't, it means we win against the shittest team in the division and then go back to not being able to buy a win. Not much consolation when we're second shittest and three go down.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 31 Oct 2012 00:49

Ian Royal

No it doesn't, it means we win against the shittest team in the division and then go back to not being able to buy a win. Not much consolation when we're second shittest and three go down.

No, we are the shittest team in the division (on paper at least), but a win at QPR on Sunday could definetly change everything. That would give us a much needed confidence boost, as following that we have a home game against Norwich (another relegation candidate), and if we win that suddenly things arnt looking as bad.

Sadly cant see it happening though, as the confidence will have taken a huge knock following the capitulation vs Arsenal, but never give up hope.

570 posts