1st reason why McDermott should go - No Guthrie

344 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: 1st reason why McDermott should go - No Guthrie

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Nov 2012 22:44

and you think I'm serious about a 'lil tin pot club like this

So who would you have as MaccyD's replacement next week?

oh and :lol:
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 10 Nov 2012 22:44, edited 1 time in total.

Optimist

by Optimist » 10 Nov 2012 22:44

ManchesterRoyals
Optimist
ManchesterRoyals
Who will want to come in January?

Also will we pay the over the top prices in January when we didnt want to pay the prices before the season started

The chances of there not being a single decent player in world football looking to play regularly in the PL whilst recieving a decent wage are rather slim. If only we had a manager who was once a decent scout...

If it means we stay in the PL and establish ourselves as a "big" club, I wouldn't particularly mind if we paid a little bit extra.

Nor would i, but we should have done are business in the summer not wait till January it might be to late by then

It wasn't last year, and I don't see why it can't this, especially as we need to climb 1 place before mid-May.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 10 Nov 2012 22:46

McDermott has failed to understand the calibre of player required to perform in this league. That is a FACT. We were bloody lucky to win the league last and nobody can deny that!

Pog is solid premier league player but doesn't fit into our into the current system, and is getting ripped by 90% of the people on here (Most of you on here only see hard workers as talent because its the only thing that catches your eye). He wants balls into his feet around the edge of the box, not pumped in at his head or running onto balls played down the channel.

Guthrie is a CM but has been asked to play CAM, he's a deep lying play maker. He will be the one to keep things ticking over. Anyone who fails to see that clearly doesn't understand the calibre of player required for the EPL either. He wouldn't have made over 100 EPL appearances if he wasn't good enough.

McDermott keeps saying time and time again after matches that "we know we can pass the ball better, we know can keep the ball better" blahh blahh blahh. He's been saying that since the start of last year. ACCEPT AND REALISE WE ARE NOT A PASSING SIDE YOU MORON. Buy players that compliment are current system. IE A FAST striker to make channel runs and better versions of L,WOOD and KARACAN. That or change the system.

He then contradicts himself by saying to Guthrie I want you to be more direct (I assume that means thump it into the channels and hope a 34 year can maybe win us a throwing or even a corner. YIPPY.

McDermott is completely inept AT THIS LEVEL as he's failed to, firstly understand the calibre of player required to compete in the EPL and secondly build upon the current system we have in place.

Hunt based on today's performance is in the same category as Church, no link play, no channel runs, no shots, didn't create anything for himself, didn't win a header, but he did run around like a headless chicken, so well done Hunt big contribution!. The guy wasn't good enough in the championship for god sake!

Tabb just woeful again!

Did we actually make one triangle pass today or even a string of 5 passes that wasn't along the back 4?

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 10 Nov 2012 23:35

Royal91
McDermott is completely inept AT THIS LEVEL as he's failed to, firstly understand the calibre of player required to compete in the EPL and secondly build upon the current system we have in place.

This sentence basically sums up why you don't have a clue.

Point 1: We are not looking to compete in this league - we are simply looking to survive this season.

Point 2: ANYONE who refers to the league that Reading FC are currently in, as the "EPL", should be banned from believing that their opinion is in any way valid in any debate about football.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 11 Nov 2012 00:10

Caskeys Lovechild
Royal91

Point 1: We are not looking to compete in this league - we are simply looking to survive this season.

Point 2: ANYONE who refers to the league that Reading FC are currently in, as the "EPL", should be banned from believing that their opinion is in any way valid in any debate about football.

Clearly another moron here

"We are not looking to compete in this league" Are you suggesting we should pack our bags and bugger off back to the championship. That's the most ridiculous comment I've ever heard. I'm pretty sure surviving is competing, whereas not competing is getting relegated.

Secondly how does abbreviating The English Premier League to 'EPL' discredit my opinions about football? I'd love to know your justifications. That has now become the second most ridiculous comment I've ever heard. People and social media use 'EPL' and 'BPL' all the time.

If my opinions are so invalid, how come you have failed to critique any of my other comments/opinions and only pick up small insignificant things

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 11 Nov 2012 03:12

Royal91
Caskeys Lovechild
Royal91

Clearly another moron here

"We are not looking to compete in this league" Are you suggesting we should pack our bags and bugger off back to the championship. That's the most ridiculous comment I've ever heard. I'm pretty sure surviving is competing, whereas not competing is getting relegated.

Secondly how does abbreviating The English Premier League to 'EPL' discredit my opinions about football? I'd love to know your justifications. That has now become the second most ridiculous comment I've ever heard. People and social media use 'EPL' and 'BPL' all the time.

If my opinions are so invalid, how come you have failed to critique any of my other comments/opinions and only pick up small insignificant things

It's becouse you are a total oxf*rd.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 11 Nov 2012 04:16

1st reason McDermott should go: There isn't any.
2nd reason McDermott should go: See 1st reason.
3rd reason McDermott should go: See 2nd reason.
4th reason McDermott should go: See 3rd reason.
5th reason McDermott should go: See 4th reason.

I can be as pessimistic as any fan. In fact in another life as a fan I am also a Boston Red Sox fan (no offense to my fellow Reading FC fans but Red Sox fans are master class, something to do with 86 consecutive years of practice, when it comes to irrational apocalyptic pessimism). But the only outcome of letting Brian go during the middle of this season will be to make things much worse. If anyone can turn this season around in terms of leading this team it is Brian. We need to keep grinding out results, and hopefully at least a few of them being wins, between now and the 1st of the year, then address the needs we have in the squad, strengthen the team in those areas and not look back after that.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 11 Nov 2012 04:35

It's simples - and I don't need to read ten pages to come to the conclusion.

That pile of Chumpionship dross was crying out for someone to put their foot on the ball and pick a pass, and be slightly more effective than Hoolahan was for Norwich. Let me think, do we have someone like that? :roll:

Very near...far away

by Very near...far away » 11 Nov 2012 04:46

Caskeys Lovechild
Royal91

Agreed - same goes for anyone who calls it the "Barclays Premier League" or who refers to the "FIFA World Cup".

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 11 Nov 2012 04:51

Dick Habbin's hairdo It's simples - and I don't need to read ten pages to come to the conclusion.

That pile of Chumpionship dross was crying out for someone to put their foot on the ball and pick a pass, and be slightly more effective than Hoolahan was for Norwich. Let me think, do we have someone like that? :roll:

Hmmmmm, thinking. Ummmm, no, we did not have someone like that available for the Norwich game because of 2 injuries to our CM's.

But even if we had a healthy compliment of CM's the CM in question has not, very selfishly and unprofessionally, shown a willingness to work as a part of the system we're playing because he does not care for it.

That also being said the high tempo system we are tring to use really should have a group of 5 CM's whom can/should be called upon on a regular basis. We currently only have 3, and maybe 4 depending if the player in question decides to get with the program, to call upon if all are healthy.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Nov 2012 08:59

Optimist Starting the season with Kebe and Roberts injured, then getting McCarthy, Karacan, Guthrie and Federici injured suggests we've suffered more than most clubs.

Pretty sure if you look into it you'll see that we haven't really suffered with injuries compared to most sides.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 11 Nov 2012 08:59

ManchesterRoyals
LoyalRoyalFan So neither Tabb or Leigertwood offer anything going forward.

We have a Premier League class midfielder who has an eye for a pass sitting in the reserves.

Sort it out Brian.

Agree and im not buying his injured

His pride. :?

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 11 Nov 2012 09:15

Needs to make McAnuff droppable, he looked disinterested in the last 20 mins yesterday.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 11 Nov 2012 09:54

Like the other 24,000 people in the stadium then.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Nov 2012 10:14

Avon Royal
MmmMonsterMunch
Avon Royal LOL at "hint" of trouble! :lol:

How exactly are we in trouble? We unexpectedly got here & if we go down, then we go down. So what? 3 teams go down every season - them's the rules.

Spoken like a true winner.

Says the bloke who thinks we're already down.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Nov 2012 10:35

Libertine
Dick Habbin's hairdo It's simples - and I don't need to read ten pages to come to the conclusion.

Hmmmmm, thinking. Ummmm, no, we did not have someone like that available for the Norwich game because of 2 injuries to our CM's.

But even if we had a healthy compliment of CM's the CM in question has not, very selfishly and unprofessionally, shown a willingness to work as a part of the system we're playing because he does not care for it.

Or you could say that the manager has very selfishly and unprofessionally shown a reluctance to use a player for his strengths and instead wants to convert a jewellers screwdriver into an effing sledgehammer!

McDermott chose to use valuable funds on securing Guthrie's services, so at the end of the day, he is most to blame for this situation.

Hoop Blah
Optimist Starting the season with Kebe and Roberts injured, then getting McCarthy, Karacan, Guthrie and Federici injured suggests we've suffered more than most clubs.

Pretty sure if you look into it you'll see that we haven't really suffered with injuries compared to most sides.

Quite - and the whole point of a squad is that you have decent coverage for those injuries. But McDermott opts to sign up Bryn (who I love to bits) and then clearly decides that he is not good enough to even be on the bench.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 11 Nov 2012 10:41

Royal91 Tabb just woeful again!

Your were clearly not at the game today.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 11 Nov 2012 10:50

sandman Says the bloke who thinks we're already down.

*Sigh*

I don't think we're already down - I think that we will be down if we don't take steps to address the obvious problems that we have.

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 11 Nov 2012 10:51

MFW this thread.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Nov 2012 10:52

Well we couldn't keep a clean sheet and looked disorganised in defence so that's one weakness sorted out already.

344 posts