1st reason why McDermott should go - No Guthrie

344 posts
marcusopp

Re: 1st reason why McDermott should go - No Guthrie

by marcusopp » 11 Nov 2012 11:18

Caskeys Lovechild
Royal91
McDermott is completely inept AT THIS LEVEL as he's failed to, firstly understand the calibre of player required to compete in the EPL and secondly build upon the current system we have in place.

This sentence basically sums up why you don't have a clue.

Point 1: We are not looking to compete in this league - we are simply looking to survive this season.

Point 2: ANYONE who refers to the league that Reading FC are currently in, as the "EPL", should be banned from believing that their opinion is in any way valid in any debate about football.

Finally, someone with a brain in their head! I was beginning to feel lonely on here!
I wish all the moaners would clear off and support chelsea and leave the real fans to support the team. We've lost 4/10 premier league games with a depleted squad, i'm very happy with that to be honest. Everyone who is complaining about McD should stop acting like spoilt children. Survival is key, and it looks like 3 from 6. A couple of wins and the table will look totally different.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 11 Nov 2012 11:29

I wish all the dickheads who want the club to have less support would fuck off to another board like RR and leave this to the real fans.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 11 Nov 2012 11:50

Simon's Church I wish all the dickheads who want the club to have less support would fuck off to another board like RR and leave this to the real fans.

are real fans not allowed to be critical?

RepressedRoyal

by RepressedRoyal » 11 Nov 2012 11:56

I think this independent article below may be worth a read. The thought of someone like Redknapp coming in and hijacking the previous success has me choking back the vomit. Reading are not very good, we can all see that but we are not in a position to attract top players even if we can afford them...can't people understand that along with Wigan, Reading are currently the most unlikely destination a top player is going to head for. Our credibility as a major club is steadily increasing but we are not yet an option for some like Berbatov for example.

If it comes to a point where McDermott has taken Reading as far as he can then we should look at managers like Martinez, not someone who will blow a load of cash on old players in the twighlight of their careers as a short term fix that surpasses the turnover of the club...every club who has tried that method, has collapsed in to long term oblivion (see Portsmouth).

I would like to see McDermott see it through, if, as is likely, we go down, then so be it, we will be a far stronger club than when he took over from Brendan Fake.

http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/11 ... tball-low/

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 11 Nov 2012 11:59

frimmers3
Simon's Church I wish all the dickheads who want the club to have less support would fuck off to another board like RR and leave this to the real fans.

are real fans not allowed to be critical?

The one and only reason we are being critical is because of our love for this club, we so want it to be turned around and to be winning games, for us to do that we need our strongest possible line up game after game, if that includes Guthrie then so be it, holding a grudge at this level and with the thin squad that we have is just footballing suicide, Brian must take ALL the blame for this, the buck stops at his door, and if he can`t do the job then we should get someone who can before it`s too late, Does this statement make me less of a fan than the RTGs brigade? I think not.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Nov 2012 12:06

Grudge or not barring two games where he was merely ok Guthrie's been awful. When he has been given the chance he has done nothing to suggest our "best team" would feature him.
Last edited by sandman on 11 Nov 2012 12:18, edited 1 time in total.

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 11 Nov 2012 12:14

Royal91
Clearly another moron here

"We are not looking to compete in this league" Are you suggesting we should pack our bags and bugger off back to the championship. That's the most ridiculous comment I've ever heard. I'm pretty sure surviving is competing, whereas not competing is getting relegated.

Secondly how does abbreviating The English Premier League to 'EPL' discredit my opinions about football? I'd love to know your justifications. That has now become the second most ridiculous comment I've ever heard. People and social media use 'EPL' and 'BPL' all the time.

If my opinions are so invalid, how come you have failed to critique any of my other comments/opinions and only pick up small insignificant things

17th is not competing - finishing in the top 5 is competing - finishing in the bottom half is surviving. Is this difficult to understand??

NOBODY with ANY credibility, uses the term EPL or BPL. Reading play in the Premier League. Not the Premiership, not the "English Premiiiiiiiiere League" - the Premier League. I have never seen anybody on any form of social media use the term EPL, why one earth would anybody need the country clarified? If you can't get the league that we play in correct, your opinion is invalid, because you've literally fallen at the first hurdle of football knowledge.

When you fall at the first hurdle of football knowledge, none of the rest of your comments/opinions deserve any kind of critique.

Now oxf*rd off.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 11 Nov 2012 12:20

Caskeys Lovechild
Royal91
Clearly another moron here

"We are not looking to compete in this league" Are you suggesting we should pack our bags and bugger off back to the championship. That's the most ridiculous comment I've ever heard. I'm pretty sure surviving is competing, whereas not competing is getting relegated.

Secondly how does abbreviating The English Premier League to 'EPL' discredit my opinions about football? I'd love to know your justifications. That has now become the second most ridiculous comment I've ever heard. People and social media use 'EPL' and 'BPL' all the time.

If my opinions are so invalid, how come you have failed to critique any of my other comments/opinions and only pick up small insignificant things

17th is not competing - finishing in the top 5 is competing - finishing in the bottom half is surviving. Is this difficult to understand??

NOBODY with ANY credibility, uses the term EPL or BPL. Reading play in the Premier League. Not the Premiership, not the "English Premiiiiiiiiere League" - the Premier League. I have never seen anybody on any form of social media use the term EPL, why one earth would anybody need the country clarified? If you can't get the league that we play in correct, your opinion is invalid, because you've literally fallen at the first hurdle of football knowledge.

When you fall at the first hurdle of football knowledge, none of the rest of your comments/opinions deserve any kind of critique.

Now oxf*rd off.

What a TIT

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 11 Nov 2012 12:23

ManchesterRoyals
What a TIT

Wow - that sentence must have had your spell checker in overdrive.....

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 11 Nov 2012 12:31

Caskeys Lovechild
NOBODY with ANY credibility, uses the term EPL or BPL. Reading play in the Premier League. Not the Premiership, not the "English Premiiiiiiiiere League" - the Premier League.

Who the oxf*rd are u then, Shearer Hanson or Lineker ? oxf*rd ur wasted on here u should be a pundit on MOD

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 11 Nov 2012 12:38

ManchesterRoyals
Caskeys Lovechild
NOBODY with ANY credibility, uses the term EPL or BPL. Reading play in the Premier League. Not the Premiership, not the "English Premiiiiiiiiere League" - the Premier League.

Who the oxf*rd are u then, Shearer Hanson or Lineker ? oxf*rd ur wasted on here u should be a pundit on MOD

I'm a supporter, who has been part of this club since 1990.
I have seen us promoted, and relegated, a number of times.
Between 1990 and 2010, I had missed 3 home games.
I've trapsed up to Grimsby in the pissing rain on a Tuesday night, to watch us get oxf*rd over by a dodgy penalty.
I've cried tears of joy at seeing my team reach the holy grail of football - twice.
I've cried tears of pain at seeing us fall at the final hurdle (in front of a oxf*rd photographer..!)
I've seen good teams, and some of the most horrific teams in our history.
I've been here through three different divisons, two different grounds and countless managers.
I have, what some might call, a sense of perspective when it comes to this teams achievements.
I am a supporter who has never supported another team - never had Reading as my "second" team, and have never worn the colours of another club.
I am, in short, one of the most loyal, and loudest supporters you will find at any football stadium in the country.

But above and beyond ANY of this....I know the name of the division which my team currently plays in.
Last edited by Caskeys Lovechild on 11 Nov 2012 12:46, edited 1 time in total.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 11 Nov 2012 12:44

Caskeys Lovechild
ManchesterRoyals
Caskeys Lovechild

I'm a supporter, who has been part of this club since 1990.
I have seen us promoted, and relegated, countless times.
I've trapsed up to Grimsby in the pissing rain on a Tuesday night, to watch us get oxf*rd over by a dodgy penalty.
I've seen good teams, and some of the most horrific teams in our history.
I've been here through three different divisons, two different grounds and countless managers.

I have, what some might call, a sense of perspective.

I also know which division my team currently plays in.

Well ive been supporting reading since the 80s mate

Been every where with reading, EVEN oxf*rd MALAGA

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 Nov 2012 12:49

marcusopp
Caskeys Lovechild
Royal91
McDermott is completely inept AT THIS LEVEL as he's failed to, firstly understand the calibre of player required to compete in the EPL and secondly build upon the current system we have in place.

This sentence basically sums up why you don't have a clue.

Point 1: We are not looking to compete in this league - we are simply looking to survive this season.

Point 2: ANYONE who refers to the league that Reading FC are currently in, as the "EPL", should be banned from believing that their opinion is in any way valid in any debate about football.

Finally, someone with a brain in their head! I was beginning to feel lonely on here!
I wish all the moaners would clear off and support chelsea and leave the real fans to support the team. We've lost 4/10 premier league games with a depleted squad, i'm very happy with that to be honest. Everyone who is complaining about McD should stop acting like spoilt children. Survival is key, and it looks like 3 from 6. A couple of wins and the table will look totally different.

1. "depleted squad" - what do you mean by this?
2. Why is the stock answer to people who may disagree with your point of view, "clear off and support Chelsea"? I've been supporting RFC for 30+ years and it's because I care about this team and want us to do well that I get passionate about things like the tactics we've employed and some of the players we are using/not using this season.
3. We're all fully aware that survival is the key - which is why we want the club to turn it around asap.
4. A couple of wins - where do you think they will come from? We couldn't beat QPR and we couldn't beat Norwich in the last 2 games - or do you think we'll tonk Man Utd and Arsenal in a few weeks?

And it is perfectly acceptable to call the league we play in the EPL, the Premier League or whatever people want to call it. Why wouldn't it be? :|

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 11 Nov 2012 12:49

Well ive been supporting reading since the 80s mate

oxf*rd newbies :lol:

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 11 Nov 2012 13:00

Royal Lady
2. Why is the stock answer to people who may disagree with your point of view, "clear off and support Chelsea"? I've been supporting RFC for 30+ years and it's because I care about this team and want us to do well that I get passionate about things like the tactics we've employed and some of the players we are using/not using this season.

I think you'll find the stock opinion of Reading fans from the outside in, is that barring the 6000 or so hardcore who have been here for years, many of the teams "supporters" support Chelsea, and have Reading as their "other" club.

3. We're all fully aware that survival is the key - which is why we want the club to turn it around asap.

Turn it around? We're three points, and one league position away from being in a position of survival....it's hardly a crisis in need of major turnaround.

4. A couple of wins - where do you think they will come from? We couldn't beat QPR and we couldn't beat Norwich in the last 2 games - or do you think we'll tonk Man Utd and Arsenal in a few weeks?

It's surely clear to anyone watching, that we play better against the bigger sides - in reality, we always have done - Our bread and butter of points is more likely to come from your mid table mediocre sides though - at the bottom, everyone is tense, and scrapping. At the top, they are fighting for prizes we can only dream of - but in the mid-table area, there is more likelihood of mistakes through cockiness, arrogance, etc etc. - Teams like Stoke, Wigan, Swansea, all have points to give in my opinion.

And it is perfectly acceptable to call the league we play in the EPL, the Premier League or whatever people want to call it. Why wouldn't it be? :|

Because that's not what it is called in this country? If you're a yank, then yes, call it the EPL - call the game soccer if you want - but don't do it in the country where the game was born, and where football only means one thing.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Nov 2012 20:29

I have to admit I find references to the 'EPL' very cringeworthy and annoying, but it's quite a common thing so I'm not sure how you've not seen it elsewhere Caskey.

Sandman, don't you get bored?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Nov 2012 20:38

Royal91 Did we actually make one triangle pass today or even a string of 5 passes that wasn't along the back 4?

If you'd watched the game objectively you'd know that we did.

URZZZZZ Needs to make McAnuff droppable, he looked disinterested in the last 20 mins yesterday.

1) disinterested means unbiased, so you're wrong.
2) Even if you mean uninterested, you're still wrong.

CJC

by CJC » 11 Nov 2012 20:55

grey_squirrel
Libertine So right now our best players are Tabb, who no one at the beginning of the season could figure out what he was still doing here, and Shorey, who was picked up for cover?

Explains alot actually... :?

Agree with this man time and time again.

As soon as we signed Shorey it was pretty obvious he would end up a our first choice left back. He still a very good player and a far better bet than the ageing Harte

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 11 Nov 2012 21:00

CJC
grey_squirrel
Libertine So right now our best players are Tabb, who no one at the beginning of the season could figure out what he was still doing here, and Shorey, who was picked up for cover?

Explains alot actually... :?

Agree with this man time and time again.

As soon as we signed Shorey it was pretty obvious he would end up a our first choice left back. He still a very good player and a far better bet than the ageing Harte

Indeed - although I miss the bit of confidence he used to have to run at defences - I wonder whether it's confidence (in himself and the covering players_, or loss of pace - or maybe both? I'm longing for the moment he drops his shoulder, spanks the ball, and sees it fly in, ala Spurs in 06/07!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Nov 2012 21:20

Did you miss Shorey's mazy dribble around three players into the box yesterday?

I've seen his characteristic shoulder drop and run inside several times this season.

TBH I was a little surprised that Shorey didn't start the season for us. But I guess Harte had earnt a chance.

344 posts