1st reason why McDermott should go - No Guthrie

344 posts
grey_squirrel

Re: 1st reason why McDermott should go - No Guthrie

by grey_squirrel » 11 Nov 2012 21:23

Royal Lady 1. "depleted squad" - what do you mean by this? 2. Why is the stock answer to people who may disagree with your point of view, "clear off and support Chelsea"? I've been supporting RFC for 30+ years and it's because I care about this team and want us to do well that I get passionate about things like the tactics we've employed and some of the players we are using/not using this season.
3. We're all fully aware that survival is the key - which is why we want the club to turn it around asap.
4. A couple of wins - where do you think they will come from? We couldn't beat QPR and we couldn't beat Norwich in the last 2 games - or do you think we'll tonk Man Utd and Arsenal in a few weeks?

And it is perfectly acceptable to call the league we play in the EPL, the Premier League or whatever people want to call it. Why wouldn't it be? :|

Can't wait for an answer to this one!

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 11 Nov 2012 21:47

Ian Royal
Royal91 Did we actually make one triangle pass today or even a string of 5 passes that wasn't along the back 4?

If you'd watched the game objectively you'd know that we did.

Perhaps if you take the strict meaning of the question, yes, you're right.

But in general terms, that wasn't exactly a feature of our game today, at all.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Nov 2012 22:14

cmonurz
Ian Royal
Royal91 Did we actually make one triangle pass today or even a string of 5 passes that wasn't along the back 4?

If you'd watched the game objectively you'd know that we did.

Perhaps if you take the strict meaning of the question, yes, you're right.

But in general terms, that wasn't exactly a feature of our game today, at all.

Not particularly, but we haven't been much of a passing or triangle side for years. We showed some pretty nice interplay in the middle of the pitch a few times. I can think of two neat passing moves off the top of my head and I rarely remember much specific detail about a game for long afterwards unless its a particularly important event in the match.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 11 Nov 2012 22:23

Watson to Forster to Murty to Forster to Watson to Parky to Igoe to Watson to.. :cry:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Nov 2012 22:25

cmonurz Watson to Forster to Murty to Forster to Watson to Parky to Igoe to Watson to.. :cry:

Don't get me wrong, I prefer a decent tempo passing game. But it's hard to really complain with the results we've had since then.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 12 Nov 2012 10:16

Jackson Corner It's amazing the short memories people have. 3 years ago BM came in we were 2nd from bottom of the Chamionship lost 4-1 to Plymouth were are they now? Finished a credible 9th have reached two FA cup qauter finals. Wins at Anfield and Goodison. 5th place a trip to Wembley in the play off final, and a league title. All this despite having to sell his best players every season. And now ten games in to the season he is a useles manager who should be sacked....... :?

happy clappy positive.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 12 Nov 2012 10:29

A simple question : Could any other manager get more out of this group of players?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 12 Nov 2012 10:41

Probably not.

A further question might be whether a different manager could get more out of a January transfer budget and that new influx of players.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Nov 2012 10:44

Agreed. I'd like to see Wenger come here if we had to lose McD. I think he's gone as far as he can with Arsenal, but could do a fantastic job for us.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 12 Nov 2012 10:45

rubbish question

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 12 Nov 2012 10:46

Alexander Litvinenko A simple question : Could any other manager get more out of this group of players?

Probably not but who is responsible for this group of players?

Our two marquee signings can't even get in the starting eleven!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 12 Nov 2012 10:49

lots of people saying they were sayihappy with our business we did in the summer, i trust none of those are the ones saying brians terrible at transfers now

mcleary has played a fair ammount, pog has played a fair amount till roberts got fit, gunter has played a decent ammount, and shorey has played a decent amount and looks like our best player
guthrie hasnt worked out, though he had two very good games at the start of the season

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 12 Nov 2012 10:58

I thought we needed strengthening further in the summer but you trust that the manager/club do what they do best.

With what we have now, nobody can do more than Brian is doing. They are giving 100% effort but don't have the quality.

All I am saying is that POG and Guthrie were to many our big signings of the summer and can't even get in the starting eleven. When you look at the players that are keeping them out, it's well done to those but also a bit of WTF.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 12 Nov 2012 11:01

leicsRoyal I thought we needed strengthening further in the summer but you trust that the manager/club do what they do best.

With what we have now, nobody can do more than Brian is doing. They are giving 100% effort but don't have the quality.

All I am saying is that POG and Guthrie were to many our big signings of the summer and can't even get in the starting eleven. When you look at the players that are keeping them out, it's well done to those but also a bit of WTF.

hopefully we'll bring in a couple in jan that can make the difference

hopefully guthrie can stop being a div and get back in the team

roberts has just displaced the pog, because hes been playing well, dont see that as a negative

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 12 Nov 2012 11:02

Royal Lady Agreed. I'd like to see Wenger come here if we had to lose McD. I think he's gone as far as he can with Arsenal, but could do a fantastic job for us.

I really hope that comment is made tongue in cheek, otherwise it is a pure and absolute contender for must ridiculous wish in the history of the world.

There are approximately 150 worldwide football clubs, who would get offered, and be able to secure Arsene Wenger ahead of us........

I'd like to win the lottery....I have more chance of doing that, than Reading ever being of interest to Arsene Wenger.

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 12 Nov 2012 11:17

Caskeys Lovechild
Royal Lady Agreed. I'd like to see Wenger come here if we had to lose McD. I think he's gone as far as he can with Arsenal, but could do a fantastic job for us.

I really hope that comment is made tongue in cheek, otherwise it is a pure and absolute contender for must ridiculous wish in the history of the world.

There are approximately 150 worldwide football clubs, who would get offered, and be able to secure Arsene Wenger ahead of us........

I'd like to win the lottery....I have more chance of doing that, than Reading ever being of interest to Arsene Wenger.

Hurry and reply RL, the suspense is killing me!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Nov 2012 11:32

Well, durrr - I'm sure he won't come here but my post said "I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ARSENE WENGER HERE" - not that I'm boycotting the club if AZ doesn't bring him in immediately or whatever. He's about the only person who could replace McD, if it were needed, that I would approve of. So jog on whoever you are. :roll:

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 12 Nov 2012 11:39

Royal Lady Well, durrr - I'm sure he won't come here but my post said "I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ARSENE WENGER HERE" - not that I'm boycotting the club if AZ doesn't bring him in immediately or whatever. He's about the only person who could replace McD, if it were needed, that I would approve of. So jog on whoever you are. :roll:

Well thank the lord for that....

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to see Wenger here, by account of the fact that he is a devil faced, moaning idiot, who to top it all, is French.

Jose Mourhinio on the other hand..... I suppose one day, when the rest of the footballing world capitulates, and the financial house of cards comes clattering down, he might be interested....but by the time that happens, he's probably going to be a bit long in the tooth......

.....and you know exactly who I am.....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Nov 2012 11:49

Caskeys Lovechild
Royal Lady Well, durrr - I'm sure he won't come here but my post said "I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ARSENE WENGER HERE" - not that I'm boycotting the club if AZ doesn't bring him in immediately or whatever. He's about the only person who could replace McD, if it were needed, that I would approve of. So jog on whoever you are. :roll:

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to see Wenger here, by account of the fact that he is a devil faced, moaning idiot, who to top it all, is French.

Jose Mourhinio on the other hand..... I suppose one day, when the rest of the footballing world capitulates, and the financial house of cards comes clattering down, he might be interested....but by the time that happens, he's probably going to be a bit long in the tooth......

I have no idea who you are? Unless by your anti-French stance you are Spacey!

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 12 Nov 2012 11:59

Royal Lady
Caskeys Lovechild

I have no idea who you are? Unless by your anti-French stance you are Spacey!

Trust me.....you know who I am....

....think champagne on the train, pissed by 10, abusive by 11, abused by Brummies by 12, lost by 2, and "Rummers, Why the F*** have we had to get off at Banbury???"

I suspect Spacey isn't the only one with an Anti-French stance.....

344 posts