How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
BR2
Hob Nob Regular

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by BR2 » 15 Nov 2012 13:16

Welcome to the big league Brian.
My hearing is quite good and I didn't hear any booing at the end of the game.
He wants to go somewhere like Spurs to experience what real booing is like-and that is just when a substitution is made and at a club where they have actually won a game or two.

It is now mid-November and we haven't won a game so there should surely be no surprise that there is the odd boo here and there.
I don't tend to boo but don't see why those that feel that they want to should not be allowed to do so.
IMHO the natives have stayed very loyal but a loss v Everton and no win this year might lead to a bit more booing.

BTW this "giving their best"stuff-surely that is a given particularly for a little club like ours and whereas I think physically they are giving their best I do feel that at times they are very lazy mentally and switch off far too often so in fact they are not giving their best.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 15 Nov 2012 13:21

Cobi McDermott hits out at boo-boys.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... s-booboys/

With regards to the booing at the end of the Norwich game "McDermott will not tolerate a similar reaction from fans if they fail to beat the in-form Toffees."

We are the least transparent club in the world.

"The new owner came in saying he has ambitions to hit the top 6/10, and yet we go for cheap option players". Hicksie_Fan

The booing is a result of bullshit from Anton from basically. People pay outrageous prices for tickets/travel ect whilst players get paid outrageous amounts, so I think people are entitled to boo and react how they like. If the staff/players can't deal with it or accept it then they are out of their depth. 10 games in without a win in any league is shockingly poor!

If I'm told my work ethic or work quality at university is not up to standard, I don't mope around hitting back at lectures, I get on with and put more work in.

The Norwich game was a HUGE backward step in work ethic, performance and overall quality

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Nov 2012 13:36

With regards to the booing at the end of the Norwich game "McDermott will not tolerate a similar reaction from fans if they fail to beat the in-form Toffees."

Another sign that the pressure is getting to him and to quote Blockbuster 'we haven't got a clue what to do!'

'Will not tolerate'? What the f8ck is he going to do? Ban them? (oh what hardship!) Roll around on the floor crying?

Does he also not realise that the booing might have been directed at him/the club management, as opposed to the players who have given their everything? (I don't know, I wasn't booing!).

Reactions like this show that, great as his achievements have been, he is not in the same league as Sir Steve and that could be a reason why it's looking as though he might not spend as long in the PL either.

Incidentally, I think that the overwhelming majority of supporters have been extremely tolerant and supportive so far. I'm sure those at most clubs would have been booing a lot earlier.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 Nov 2012 13:38

BR2 My hearing is quite good and I didn't hear any booing at the end of the game.

All around me. Miserable old sh/ts in y21.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 15 Nov 2012 14:23

Will not be in the job much longer, just watched him on SPN basically saying that Anton is talking bollocks.
Making your boss look silly never works, I have some experience in that area :cry:

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 15 Nov 2012 14:26

FFS Man city were booed off at H/T last week and they are the champs, get over it.
He won`t tolerate it, WTF is he going to do then, stamp his feet and scream?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 15 Nov 2012 15:06

Back to this argument again. If paying fans are fed up with what they see, essentially an ambitiousless, tactic-barren bunch of cheap shite fail to get a win against teams they have to beat, they have every right to vent.

I don’t think it helps the team, and it’s not something I take part in - but we are customers paying for a product. If the product doesn’t f/cking work, we should be free to complain.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 15 Nov 2012 15:13

Extended-Phenotype Back to this argument again. If paying fans are fed up with what they see, essentially an ambitiousless, tactic-barren bunch of cheap shite fail to get a win against teams they have to beat, they have every right to vent.

I don’t think it helps the team, and it’s not something I take part in - but we are customers paying for a product. If the product doesn’t f/cking work, we should be free to complain.

Greed, its a way of life, in every walk of life if you you are not satisfield with the product you are paying for you have every right to show it in every way you can, maybe Brian was looking at a different game to us if he thought that crap was acceptable.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 15 Nov 2012 15:23

And, as someone said before, the more you pay the higher your expectations are.

This is where all the PL "best league in the world " bollox comes back and bites them.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 15 Nov 2012 15:29

Precisely. We are paying premier league prices, so should by right demand premier league quality.

That, last Saturday, was shit Brian.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 15 Nov 2012 15:31

To be fair it was the journalist that said that - not Brian.

Brian said something about hearing "murmerings" after the game - but he could have been referring to anything - rumours about his job, Pearce, Guthrie etc...

Bottom line is - I take my two kids along and it costs over £100 with parking, food, programme etc. I don't boo, but if the performance is that bad then I reserve the right to in future. I once boo'd Jimmy Page and Robert Plant because the sound was shite. It's one of the only ways a body of people can show disapproval or disappointment short of launching manky tomatoes. It's entertainment for oxf*rd sake.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 15 Nov 2012 15:33

And there's a big difference between boos at the end of the game and boos during the game.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 15 Nov 2012 15:42

Aye, no excuse for the latter. Unless Church has come on. Then boo like it fires hadoukens from your mouth.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Nov 2012 17:29

DOYLERSAROYALER "But boss McDermott says he cannot understand why supporters would choose to vent their anger when his players are giving everything they've got...

...if they are giving everything they have got then sadly they aren't good enough ...

but by definition their best is beinggiven, not an ounce more to give,so what are they booing for? what will it achieve.

personally i think a little grumble at the end of a match, on a run of winless games is to be expected, and acceptable.
but tnem so is it acceptable for brian to come out and question it

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Nov 2012 17:30

72 bus Will not be in the job much longer, just watched him on SPN basically saying that Anton is talking bollocks.
Making your boss look silly never works, I have some experience in that area :cry:

you mean the presses interpretation of what anton has said is bollox

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Nov 2012 17:31

Extended-Phenotype We are paying premier league prices,.

are we?

im not.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 15 Nov 2012 17:31

Royal91 "The new owner came in saying he has ambitions to hit the top 6/10, and yet we go for cheap option players". Hicksie_Fan

The booing is a result of bullshit from Anton from basically. People pay outrageous prices for tickets/travel ect whilst players get paid outrageous amounts

Why is it a result of "bullshit" from the new owner? McDermott had a lot of money left to spend at the close of the window. More than he spent on Chris Gunter and Adrian Mariappa in fact; but he chose, for whatever reason, not to spend it. As for the cheap shot regarding top six Premier League finishes; that's a 5-year plan. This club needs a lot of work to get us to that stage, both on and off the field, and we are certainly making some headway to achieve this. What Anton cannot do is buy the players he wants. Brian McDermott buys the players, and only Brian knows why he didn't add anyone else to the squad this summer.

Your comment about "outrageous" ticket prices is equally ridiculous. I bought myself and my two children season tickets for under £600. If that's outrageously expensive then you are very out of touch with the cost of ticket prices in the Premier League. Our prices are very very reasonable.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 15 Nov 2012 17:34

I paid 350 quid, although I fully expect to pay 500+ next year if we stay up.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Nov 2012 17:35

The Norwich game was a HUGE backward step in work ethic, performance and overall quality

really?

i think it pretty clear he went back to defensive basics, decided that the clean sheet and a base of defensive solidity was key going forward, and achieved that

much like hes done in seasons before this

identify problem. go back and start with the defence. once sorted shift the balance until goals for>>>goals against.win games.climb league.

it was pretty clear that it was the area that needed the attention.
and they achieved something in that regard.
now tio shift the balance slightly back the other way.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Nov 2012 17:36

ZacNaloen I paid 350 quid, although I fully expect to pay 500+ next year if we stay up.

yeah, me too

but then, id assume if we stayed up, our quality may well start approaching that required for the premiere league, and so will justify the extra cost

3209 posts