Jay Tabb

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Tabb Haters, where are you now?

by Wimb » 18 Nov 2012 09:38

Ideal Tabb is way better in this division.
In the championship he just got knocked off the ball and nothing happened.
Now he gets free kicks if they do that, he now has protection from the referee. Hence his lightweight build doesn't impede him any longer.

Interesting, hadn't thought of it in that way before, sounds about right though.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 18 Nov 2012 09:59

Oh do f*ck off Catfork, not a single person on this portal has shown anything but love for Jay Tabb. Some may think he's a limited footballer, which is probably true, but everyone recognises the fantastic professional that he is.

Take your petty little point scoring elsewhere, we don't want your type on here today.

somersetroyal

by somersetroyal » 18 Nov 2012 10:10

Seems to be getting stronger with each game, the run of games has improved his match fitness levels, his first few games this season he faded in the last third of games , yesterday he had the energy to go the full 90

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Nov 2012 10:16

Big Ern haven't seen much hate towards Tabb, although people have pointed out he is fairly limited which is very true.

Exactly this. And if we are serious about staying in this league then, even on his current form, Jay Tabb will need to be replaced and resume a supporting role.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 18 Nov 2012 10:21

Have to admit, after the Swansea match I thought he was miles out of his depth in the PL, but fair play, great shift yesterday. Even played a brilliant 25 yard cross field pass to HRK's feet; never knew he was capable of that. More often he just kept it simple and tidy in the centre; good game.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 18 Nov 2012 10:36

I just want him to score his first goal.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Nov 2012 10:56

"Tabb is not good enough for the Premier League"

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=115509&hilit=Tabb#p3442956

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 18 Nov 2012 11:04

In layman terms that link of pitiful. Some of those comments are just a lack of daily lithium.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Nov 2012 11:17

rhroyal Have to admit, after the Swansea match I thought he was miles out of his depth in the PL, but fair play, great shift yesterday. Even played a brilliant 25 yard cross field pass to HRK's feet; never knew he was capable of that. More often he just kept it simple and tidy in the centre; good game.

That pass was awesome. Bless him. I was never a huge fan if I am being honest, but credit where it is due, he is clearly better suited to the PL. I like the fact he has just got on with it no questions asked as well. I hope his spell of good form continues. TBH, I bet he is pinching himself to see if he's not dreaming with how things are currently working out!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Nov 2012 13:28

rhroyal Have to admit, after the Swansea match I thought he was miles out of his depth in the PL, but fair play, great shift yesterday. Even played a brilliant 25 yard cross field pass to HRK's feet; never knew he was capable of that. More often he just kept it simple and tidy in the centre; good game.

He has said himself that he needed matches to gain fitness and sharpness

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

Re: Jay Tabb

by peterroyal76 » 18 Nov 2012 13:32

He's playing really well at the moment, he's getting stronger and fitter by the week, but I still don't believe he is long term first choice in centre mid.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Nov 2012 13:39

Just watched Football First (for me it's now Football Sixth 8) ).

Funniest moment is when we had a corner and JT pats Morrison on the shoulder as he and Gorkss take up positions.
He looks about 2ft shorter than either of them :lol:

Just checked - he's the same height as Iniesta :shock:

If the improvement rate continues he'll be about as good by Christmas as well.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 18 Nov 2012 13:43

I think this is going a bit too far the other way. Tabb hasn't been an embarrassment for the last few matches, but he also hasn't been amazing. In the first half yesterday he was anonymous. In the second half he was better, particularly in the final third. He even managed to tackled Fellaini, whereas a few weeks ago he didn't get close to Berbatov. Today he was tidy whenever he got on the ball, but there won't be any Everton fans going away wishing that they had Jay Tabb in their side.

Better than in the Championship? Nonsense, he's repeatedly shown how ordinary he is in comparison to opposition players at this level, whereas in the Championship he outperformed opposition midfielders whenever he played.

I like Tabb for what he is. Last season when people were slagging him off, I was one of a small number who said he was as good as Jem Karacan (which he has demonstrated this season). However, he's not as good as Leigertwood, let alone Harper or Sidwell, and is someone we should be looking to replace if we want to give ourselves the best chance of staying up.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Nov 2012 13:46

Often it's all about the right partnership for a player to perform well. Tabb and Ledge is ok. Tabb and Guthrie could potentially be better. Tabb and Karacan is shit. That doesn't mean either of them are shit though.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Nov 2012 15:37

SCIAG I think this is going a bit too far the other way. Tabb hasn't been an embarrassment for the last few matches, but he also hasn't been amazing. In the first half yesterday he was anonymous. In the second half he was better, particularly in the final third. He even managed to tackled Fellaini, whereas a few weeks ago he didn't get close to Berbatov. Today he was tidy whenever he got on the ball, but there won't be any Everton fans going away wishing that they had Jay Tabb in their side.

Better than in the Championship? Nonsense, he's repeatedly shown how ordinary he is in comparison to opposition players at this level, whereas in the Championship he outperformed opposition midfielders whenever he played.

I like Tabb for what he is. Last season when people were slagging him off, I was one of a small number who said he was as good as Jem Karacan (which he has demonstrated this season). However, he's not as good as Leigertwood, let alone Harper or Sidwell, and is someone we should be looking to replace if we want to give ourselves the best chance of staying up.

ledge was doing most of the marking of fellaini, as he was berbatov that day too

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 18 Nov 2012 16:42

Regardless of how well some think Legs and Tabb are doing, Sidwell is today again demonstrating the level of ability and performance that our central midfielders need to aspire to. Trouble is Fulham won't want to let him go now!

NattMiles

by NattMiles » 18 Nov 2012 16:54

According to the Sun paper, he covered the most distance out of any player in the PL yesterday. 7.23 miles.

They also gave Gorkss a 3 :lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 18 Nov 2012 17:31

NattMiles According to the Sun paper, he covered the most distance out of any player in the PL yesterday. 7.23 miles.

That's an awful lot of strides, given the length (or rather lack of length) of his legs!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Nov 2012 18:20

[quote="NattMiles"]According to the Sun paper, he covered the most distance out of any player in the PL yesterday. 7.23 miles,yeeeeaaaah, noticed that, we had awards of three four and five, Everton the losing team over the 90 minutes barely had a player awarded less than a 7

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 18 Nov 2012 19:22

RoyalBlue
NattMiles According to the Sun paper, he covered the most distance out of any player in the PL yesterday. 7.23 miles.

That's an awful lot of strides, given the length (or rather lack of length) of his legs!

I can run around for 7 miles but what about the productivity rate. This is not slating him but stats without context are meaningless.