How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by RoyalBlue » 24 Nov 2012 17:51

sandman No it's not.

As Reading FC have started the pantomime season so very early:

Oh yes it is!

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 24 Nov 2012 17:53

Anyone calling for McDermotts head, is an ill informed oxf*rd, with zero understanding of football, or management. We shouldn't even be in this league. You DO NOT penalise managers for over achievement in the previous period in business, football is no different. We are on target at present, there is absolutely no reason to rock the boat until we have missed target for 6 months.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 24 Nov 2012 17:54

Caskeys Lovechild Anyone calling for McDermotts head, is an ill informed oxf*rd, with zero understanding of football, or management. We shouldn't even be in this league. You DO NOT penalise managers for over achievement in the previous period in business, football is no different. We are on target at present, there is absolutely no reason to rock the boat until we have missed target for 6 months.

Or put simply a member of HNA?.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 24 Nov 2012 17:55

Caskeys Lovechild Anyone calling for McDermotts head, is an ill informed oxf*rd, with zero understanding of football, or management. We shouldn't even be in this league. You DO NOT penalise managers for over achievement in the previous period in business, football is no different. We are on target at present, there is absolutely no reason to rock the boat until we have missed target for 6 months.

But you do penalise managers for poor performance, irrespective of their achievements in previous periods.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 24 Nov 2012 17:56

Caskeys Lovechild ill informed oxf*rd, with zero understanding of football, or management.

Sounds just like BM especially when we score first

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 24 Nov 2012 17:58

'On target'??? WTF? On target to go straight back down. And that is not acceptable. Even if you have fluked your way their in the first place, you shouldn't just roll over and head straight back.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 24 Nov 2012 18:02

Avon Royal

But you do penalise managers for poor performance, irrespective of their achievements in previous periods.

The fact I've driven safely on the roads for 8 years doesn't then mean I'm allowed to go crashing into folk for 3 months.... :roll:

He's made mistakes, it's how quickly he learns from them that's important. You can't blame him totally for having a weak squad but you can blame him for not using what he has got properly.

Few sensible folk are suggesting he's sacked but you can understand the frustrations and anger at making stupid mistakes this year. The players also deserve a fair amount of stick, notably the Pog, but ultimately it's the manager's job to manage what he's got and get the best from it. I just don't think he's got the best from it right now.

There's not a lot in it, but he's still not performed quite well enough.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 24 Nov 2012 18:03

In someways its comendable, if not surprising, the amount of writers on here that don't see a problem with the team performing way out of its depth, with poor "premiership standard" summer signings, uhmm that was a joke by the way, and amazingly seem happy with this situation and only too pleased to carry on in the same direction as we are going ???

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 24 Nov 2012 18:03

RoyalBlue

'On target'??? WTF? On target to go straight back down. And that is not acceptable. Even if you have fluked your way their in the first place, you shouldn't just roll over and head straight back.

17th in the league = on target. It's not oxf*rd hard.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 24 Nov 2012 18:06

RoyalBlue

Sorry why is it "unacceptable"? You could have 20 fantastic teams, with good managers & 3 will still go down. Maybe it's your expectations that are unacceptable?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Nov 2012 18:08

First real cries of McDermott out tonight via Twitter or Facebook. Worm is beginning to turn.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 24 Nov 2012 18:28

paultheroyal First real cries of McDermott out tonight via Twitter or Facebook. Worm is beginning to turn.

I don't agree with the sentiment, but after that game, it's starting to seem a little less knee-jerk from those who do.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 24 Nov 2012 18:30

What really p*sses me off is hearing McDermott bemoaning the fact that we didn't just hold the ball in the corner to kill off the game in the closing stages.

He seems to be completely overlooking the fact that he was the tactical genius who decided to bring on Pog rather than Hunt, who is an expert at chasing down balls played towards the corner and then holding them there.

MmmMonsterMunch
RoyalBlue

Sorry why is it "unacceptable"? You could have 20 fantastic teams, with good managers & 3 will still go down. Maybe it's your expectations that are unacceptable?

Set out with that attitude and it's far more likely to happen. As for good managers, yet still 3 will still go down, the same (or more) could be said for every division. If the club aspire to be in the PL then they should do more to make sure they don't end up being one of the three in that division. As far as I'm concerned, it is those expecting the club to be in trouble from the outset who have a loser's mentality and unacceptable expectations.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 24 Nov 2012 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 24 Nov 2012 18:33

Pog gave the ball away a couple of times.

yuuichi

by yuuichi » 24 Nov 2012 18:34

SAVE US DICK ADVOCAAT.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 24 Nov 2012 18:47

yuuichi SAVE US TOMMY BURNS MARK II

Corrected.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Nov 2012 18:51

I don't think many people are currently calling for his head. I'm certainly not. What I am saying is that he needs to show an improvement in what he's doing and our results or he will be due to go in the not too distant future.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 24 Nov 2012 18:53

Ian Royal

I don't think many people are currently calling for his head. I'm certainly not. What I am saying is that he needs to show an improvement in what he's doing and our results or he will be due to go in the not too distant future.

Yeah but how long for as nothing seems to be changing

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Nov 2012 18:56

ManchesterRoyals
Ian Royal

Yeah but how long for as nothing seems to be changing

A little while longer at least. Beat Villa and things look much much much better again. As long as we're not adrift he deserves a chance to try and turn things around, especially with 1 loss in 5.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 24 Nov 2012 19:02

Ian Royal
A little while longer at least. Beat Villa and things look much much much better again. As long as we're not adrift he deserves a chance to try and turn things around, especially with 1 loss in 5.

I agree with what ur saying

Its the way were throwing leads away is the problem

I hope your right, but i cant see us beating AV hope im wrong but can see another draw coming

3209 posts