back from the game - Wigan

199 posts
Woolly68

Re: back from the game - Wigan

by Woolly68 » 25 Nov 2012 10:55

Elmparkpaul Disgusted by some of the comments in this thread about the gaffer. He's learning his trade at this level as well as several of the players.

Get behind him please.

Wake up and smell the coffee , look at the table, look at our squad, he doesn't have a clue of our best starting 11. No excuses this year with loosing players. TAXI for McDermott

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Nov 2012 10:56

HNA - what a bunch pathetic pansies.

We're in the prem.

We go away.

We lose by an injury time goal.

And that equates to doom and gloom? Can someone do the maths for me please???

Oh I should've known that new arrivals the the prem are meant to win every game- home and away. Of course, let's sack BM. FFS get a grip everyone. We're comfortably mid table on both form AND goal difference. Our games have been close enough, we've done well and a 1goal deficit away from home with a denied penalty is nowhere near a doom and gloom scenario.

Yes we need to spend in January. BM knows this and has said this but it depends on budget. Anton knows this too.

All is good. BM is a legend!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 25 Nov 2012 10:57

Woolly68
Elmparkpaul Disgusted by some of the comments in this thread about the gaffer. He's learning his trade at this level as well as several of the players.

Get behind him please.

Wake up and smell the coffee , look at the table, look at our squad, he doesn't have a clue of our best starting 11. No excuses this year with loosing players. TAXI for McDermott

As a team that was in transition was never tried and tested in the Prem - lol.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 25 Nov 2012 11:05

Woolly68

Get behind him please.

I don't think Sir Alex Ferguson would have a clue of our best starting eleven. BM can only work with what he currently has, which as we all know isn't a premier standard squad. Hopefully Antons business plan has staying in the premier league at the top of it come January.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Nov 2012 11:08

2 world wars, 1 world cup HNA - what a bunch pathetic pansies.

We're in the prem.

We go away.

And that equates to doom and gloom? Can someone do the maths for me please???

Oh I should've known that new arrivals the the prem are meant to win every game- home and away. Of course, let's sack BM. FFS get a grip everyone. We're comfortably mid table on both form AND goal difference. Our games have been close enough, we've done well and a 1goal deficit away from home with a denied penalty is nowhere near a doom and gloom scenario.

Yes we need to spend in January. BM knows this and has said this but it depends on budget. Anton knows this too.

All is good. BM is a legend!

We go away to a team decimated by injuries and with a poor home record. We get back into the game from a gift by their keeper and then throw it away by making the same old stupid mistakes. To lose to an injury time goal like that was criminal.

Form and goal difference mean absolutely f*ck all without the points to go with them. Yes a denied penalty but Wigan were wrongly denied a goal. Furthermore, they created numerous clear cut chances that most other teams would have converted. Given the way our defence and midfield played at times, we were lucky not to be on the wrong end of a thrashing.

As for January - stable door, horse, dead!

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 25 Nov 2012 11:16

Kamara said Gomez had the freedom of the park, looking at the goals again makes me cringe, unmarked on each occasion, Sunday league football.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 25 Nov 2012 11:18

windermere_royal Kamara said Gomez had the freedom of the park, looking at the goals again makes me cringe, unmarked on each occasion, Sunday league football.

And thats Wigan cant wait for United :oops:

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 25 Nov 2012 11:20

Pepe the Horseman
robbieroyal We are definatly in a relegation fight.......

Nonsense

this post was the only positive I took out of yesterdays game

The Beardy Man

by The Beardy Man » 25 Nov 2012 11:24

RoyalX Half-watched on a very dodgy stream, but here goes:

- I feel more positive after that game than the Swansea game (and certainly more than most on here), reckon we deserved a draw. End to end, chances for both sides, could have gone either way - generally an exciting game of football & I really enjoyed it (bar the last minute winner).

- Federici definitely to blame for their first, confidence must be absolutely shot. Hope McCarthy gets fit soon.

- Got to be disappointed with Gunter given that all 3 goals came from that side BUT isn't it more that the players didn't know their responsibilities? Beasejour isn't a LW, he's a LWB and was if Gunter was coming inside, it was probably to deal with their LF (Maloney/Di Santo). Either a CB has to be picking the LF up or our RW has to be picking up their LWB - Gunter can't deal with both. Not sure if this is a manager not assigning roles properly or players not applying themselves correctly. That being said, Beausejour's delivery is impeccable.

- The moment that encapsulated the feeling on here about Morrison/Gorkss was Gorkss rashly diving in on Kone, getting nowhere near player or ball, only to be shepherded out of playing by Morrion.

- Shorey oozes class. Doubted him when he came back but his delivery was absolutely spot on consistently today - caused Wigan loads of problems.

- I thought HRK, Roberts and Le Fondre were a real handful, HRK especially. Won a load of free-kicks, mainly from McCarthy, which is crucial when we have a player like Shorey. Roberts' persistance got us the 2nd goal.

- Can't complain about the Tabb penalty not being given - Wigan could have had 2 today, Everton had 2 stonewallers denied the previous week.

- Did anyone else see Morrison's celebration? I did notice it 'til the rerun of the goal at half-time but it amused me.

- Finally, I like the way we play. I like that we go for it right until the end. If I wanted to watch Stoke or Norwich, I would. I don't want us to keep the ball in the corner to dourly defend a point.

Pretty much agree with all of that. Good post

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 Nov 2012 11:27

leon the self proclaimed football voice of hob nob and yet predictably all you do is bitch when times are bad and crow when times are good.

In all honesty we're not good enough to stay up, but then what were you saying about our position this time last year? And yes we do have a job to do. Painful as that might be.

When have I ever claimed that, you weirdo? :|

LOL @ 'having a job to do'. I suppose you believe in fairy stories too, do you?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Normal Saturday Night service resumed Wigan

by floyd__streete » 25 Nov 2012 11:30

Sagaris This team would not be in the top half of the championship this season

Well that's mental, of course it would be. Goalkeeper the same, Morrison =/= Pearce, Tabb hardly played last season I grant you, same wingers, marginally better crop of strikers. This team would finish top 6 and will finish top 6 next season.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 Nov 2012 11:33

2 world wars, 1 world cup HNA - what a bunch pathetic pansies.

We're in the prem.

We go away.

And that equates to doom and gloom?

Yes it does. Did you go? We were utterly overrun second half by a side which people somehow expect us to finish above.

2 world wars, 1 world cup All is good.

No it isn't. We're definitely getting relegated. What on earth is good about that?

REMTARDROYAL

Re: Normal Saturday Night service resumed Wigan

by REMTARDROYAL » 25 Nov 2012 11:35

floyd__streete
Sagaris This team would not be in the top half of the championship this season

Well that's mental, of course it would be. Goalkeeper the same, Morrison =/= Pearce, Tabb hardly played last season I grant you, same wingers, marginally better crop of strikers. This team would finish top 6 and will finish top 6 next season.

This.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 25 Nov 2012 11:37

floyd__streete We were utterly overrun second half

Nothing changes there then :roll:

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 25 Nov 2012 11:44

SPARTA
LoyalRoyal22 Where to start

Main feeling after the game and has been for a while is that Gorkks and Ledge just cant cut it, both so slow and just lack the sufficient quality to play in the Prem consitantly

Why Brian keeps picking Gorkks over Marriappa or Pearce is just unbelievable. Ledge i understand due to lack of options. If we want to stay in the Prem we need to invest some good money on a CM to partner Jem when he is fit. At the minute, all though they work hard, Ledge and Tabb are so vunerable at this level

Wish fans would get off the players backs though, we have the worst squad in the league on paper and its no suprise the results are poor, they are giving there all but just lack quality, there are no villians in my eyes. Like i said, if we dont invest on our weaknesses in January, we are certain to go down

my ratings from today

Fed- 6
Gunter- 3
Shorey- 7
Morrison- 7
Gorkks- 4
Jobi- 6
Hal- 6
Ledge- 3
Tabb- 6
Le Fondre- 6
Roberts- 6

I've made a couple of changes to those ratings.

oh ok, well concentrate on doing your own post, with your own ratings

Where to start

Main feeling after the game and has been for a while is that Gorkks and Ledge just cant cut it, both so slow and just lack the sufficient quality to play in the Prem consitantly

Why Brian keeps picking Gorkks over Marriappa or Pearce is just unbelievable. Ledge i understand due to lack of options. If we want to stay in the Prem we need to invest some good money on a CM to partner Jem when he is fit. At the minute, all though they work hard, Ledge and Tabb are so vunerable at this level

Wish fans would get off the players backs though, we have the worst squad in the league on paper and its no suprise the results are poor, they are giving there all but just lack quality, there are no villians in my eyes. Like i said, if we dont invest on our weaknesses in January, we are certain to go down

my ratings from today

Fed- 7
Gunter- 6
Shorey- 7
Morrison- 7
Gorkks- 5
Jobi- 6
Hal- 6
Ledge- 4
Tabb- 6
Le Fondre- 6
Roberts- 6

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Nov 2012 11:44

floyd__streete
leon the self proclaimed football voice of hob nob and yet predictably all you do is bitch when times are bad and crow when times are good.

In all honesty we're not good enough to stay up, but then what were you saying about our position this time last year? And yes we do have a job to do. Painful as that might be.

yes, I believe in the tooth fairy.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 Nov 2012 11:46

LOL @ arguing over ratings above. It's not Strictly Come Dancing, chaps.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 25 Nov 2012 11:47

floyd__streete LOL @ arguing over ratings above. It's not Strictly Come Dancing, chaps.

Being sad enough to change my own ratings, made me bite

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Nov 2012 12:08

leon
floyd__streete

yes, I believe in the tooth fairy.

Wow. It's like Clough vs Revie all over again.

Vic_Flange

by Vic_Flange » 25 Nov 2012 12:24

Employee frigging handbook, well at least that cheered me up. This is football, he'll get his contract paid off then he will go on the roundabout of managers waiting for a new club (and for younger viewers, that roundabout isnt a phyiscal thing, it is just some people in the media and online commentators talk about) He will get snapped up very quickly.

So what are the next five fixtures?

Villa(A) are there for the taking (just like Wigan - shut it)

Man U (H)-well Norwich just done the little shits, I'm up for another freak result. - but can Brian give the players the same hairdryer tearment like Fergruson does at half time?

Southampton (A) - say no more

Arsenal (H) - Any one up for another 5-7 or simply just a 0-4.

Man City - (H) - sod it, its the 22 December, peace and good will to everyone.

Oh what a lovely war.

I just dont think he is up to it, as he seems to be drained and run out of ideas already. What will be like in a months time? I dont think the club will sack him, though, until it is too late.

Please prove me wrong Brian.

199 posts