Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes: 187
namroyal

Re: Should he go or should he stay?

by namroyal » 26 Nov 2012 15:54

Win, lose or draw.... Premier League or relegation, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have in charge of my team. I like the fact that our players are on the whole grounded, hard working individuals on and off the pitch. We are one of the most professional clubs in the country in my opinion and I'd take that over and above finishing in the top 6 of the BPL.

I also like having a go using the limited resources we have. Let's see what we can do. I have no expectation - only hope that we can turn things around. I'd rather be a Reading fan than a QPR fan right now - with all the money they've spent. In fact, I'd rather be a Reading fan than any other fan right now.

In Brian we trust.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Nov 2012 15:55

youll all be surpirsed to hear that this^^^is exactly how i feel

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 26 Nov 2012 15:57

westongeezer How many more of these threads?

Its the first poll

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Nov 2012 15:57

no it aint

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 26 Nov 2012 16:04

If the question refers to Brian, he should stay; if it relates to the glory hunting school kid who started this thread and all those other anti-Brian and negative threads, I'd vote yes; please, PLEASE go, and now.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 26 Nov 2012 16:07

Yes because anyone who can see that bwe are disgusting to watch, can see the poor work done in the transfer market and the lack of tactical nouse by the manager must be a glory hunting kid?

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 26 Nov 2012 16:11

Mr Angry If the question refers to Brian, he should stay; if it relates to the glory hunting school kid who started this thread and all those other anti-Brian and negative threads, I'd vote yes; please, PLEASE go, and now.

Why am i a schoolkid for starting a poll to try and gauge if the majority want him gone or not?
Judging by the results a big majority want him to stay, and I accept that result, whether it stays the same should we lose tomorrow is a different matter altogether.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 26 Nov 2012 16:12

Lacoste bwe are disgusting to watch,

Actual WTF?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 26 Nov 2012 16:13

No way. I want him to lead our 2013/14 promotion push.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 26 Nov 2012 16:13

windermere_royal Judging by the results a big majority want him to stay, and I accept that result.

That's good, I'd hate to think you wouldn't take the poll results into account when deciding whether to sack Brian or not

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 26 Nov 2012 16:15

Silver Fox
Lacoste bwe are disgusting to watch,

Actual WTF?

Typo clearly but you actually enjoy or percentage, boot it into the channels football?

murof

by murof » 26 Nov 2012 16:15

I say no simply because I don't see who else could come in to take his place at a club with such meagre resources and so little ambition and achieve anything better.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Nov 2012 16:20

melonhead no

same as the majority of fans

just like the majority of fans on here voted last time

You really should go back to school and/or stop telling lies. 50% voted for him to be given until the end of the season last time around. The other 50% felt he should go before that. Since when has 50% constituted a majority?

That having been said, at present the majority don't want him sacked if we lose the Villa game (doesn't mean they won't have changed their minds before the end of the season). I also think the vote might have been somewhat different if Windermere had waited until Wednesday morning.

Mind you, based on last time around, there are still over 110 from the 'he should go camp' to turn out and vote, assuming that they haven't changed their minds or given up all hope!

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 26 Nov 2012 16:29

RoyalBlue
melonhead no

same as the majority of fans

just like the majority of fans on here voted last time

You really should go back to school and/or stop telling lies. 50% voted for him to be given until the end of the season last time around. The other 50% felt he should go before that. Since when has 50% constituted a majority?

That having been said, at present the majority don't want him sacked if we lose the Villa game (doesn't mean they won't have changed their minds before the end of the season). I also think the vote might have been somewhat different if Windermere had waited until Wednesday morning.

It will be bumped up again tomorrow night after the game whatever the result.

threebs

by threebs » 26 Nov 2012 16:31

namroyal Win, lose or draw.... Premier League or relegation, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have in charge of my team. I like the fact that our players are on the whole grounded, hard working individuals on and off the pitch. We are one of the most professional clubs in the country in my opinion and I'd take that over and above finishing in the top 6 of the BPL.

I also like having a go using the limited resources we have. Let's see what we can do. I have no expectation - only hope that we can turn things around. I'd rather be a Reading fan than a QPR fan right now - with all the money they've spent. In fact, I'd rather be a Reading fan than any other fan right now.

In Brian we trust.

Ditto.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 26 Nov 2012 16:35

threebs
namroyal Win, lose or draw.... Premier League or relegation, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have in charge of my team. I like the fact that our players are on the whole grounded, hard working individuals on and off the pitch. We are one of the most professional clubs in the country in my opinion and I'd take that over and above finishing in the top 6 of the BPL.

In Brian we trust.

Ditto.

Our team ethic, and all that stuff is talked up so, so much. What people don't seem to remember is that other teams have good, or even better ethics than us - AND are successful. There are many well run clubs that see the need to spend if it's needed, which it (probably) is here. If McD can't keep us up, despite how great he is, he's not the one for the job. We were very lucky to get here in the first place. But let's not throw this away now (ref. sponsorship deal w/ Sky).

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Nov 2012 16:43

Pleased to see the vast majority are voting no.

Faith in the TB having at least a minor shred of humanity and intelligence restored.

Until we lose tomorrow night when all hell is going to break loose on here.

Can't wait. :D

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 26 Nov 2012 16:51

Our team ethic, and all that stuff is talked up so, so much. What people don't seem to remember is that other teams have good, or even better ethics than us - AND are successful. There are many well run clubs that see the need to spend if it's needed, which it (probably) is here. If McD can't keep us up, despite how great he is, he's not the one for the job. We were very lucky to get here in the first place. But let's not throw this away now (ref. sponsorship deal w/ Sky).

Wigan come to mind, nearly 10 consecutive years in the PL, with some of the lowest prices with 15.000 gates..but I guess Dave Whelan must be bankrolling them. but not entirely

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 26 Nov 2012 16:56

No, he deserves time to have a fair crack at it. His track record has earned him more time.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 26 Nov 2012 16:59

I'd only vote yes if a decent replacement were lined up instead - and not one of those Phil Parkinson type replacements.

253 posts