The Scent of blood

Blue Heart

The Scent of blood

by Blue Heart » 28 Nov 2012 13:03

Can't you just smell it, Brian must feel like he is swimming in shark infested waters. The fans now see him as bait and all the unemployed failures from other clubs are frantically typing up their CV's. Brian has to get a bit more ruthless but he is still the man for me, maybe his faith in the players that got us promoted is a bit misplaced, maybe he has been a bit too loyal to some but for me he is still a man of honour trying to play in what is really a dishonourable league and to hear the bays for his blood from some quarters is appalling.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The Scent of blood

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Nov 2012 13:06

Booing at HT last night when you're 0-0 away from home....the mind boggles.

What sort of 'fans' are these people?!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Nov 2012 13:13

MmmMonsterMunch Booing at HT last night when you're 0-0 away from home....the mind boggles.

People who at least made the effort to travel to the game. I take it you must have been there because you couldn't tell from the tv that it was Reading fans booing.

During the second half, the Villa team got an increasing amount of very loud stick from their support each time they messed up but McDermott and his team completely failed to turn that additional pressure to their advantage.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 28 Nov 2012 13:31

I didn't hear any booing but we were sat toward the front with the old gits :cry: rather than at the back, where any singing there was was coming from.

Some of our fans need a reality check if they thought that this season was going to be anything other than a battle to stay up

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 28 Nov 2012 13:37

A battle would be nice.

The French put up more of a fight than us.

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 28 Nov 2012 13:37

If you still hate Futcher Some of our fans need a reality check if they thought that this season was going to be anything other than a battle to stay up

I think everyone expected a battle, just not to be SO far off the pace and with little prospect of improvement.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Nov 2012 13:40

RoyalBlue
MmmMonsterMunch Booing at HT last night when you're 0-0 away from home....the mind boggles.

People who at least made the effort to travel to the game. I take it you must have been there because you couldn't tell from the tv that it was Reading fans booing.

During the second half, the Villa team got an increasing amount of very loud stick from their support each time they messed up but McDermott and his team completely failed to turn that additional pressure to their advantage.

Oh do one. I go to plenty of games thanks. I was at the Norwich game & didn't boo there either. Drawing away from home in the PL is perfectly acceptable regardless of the oppo.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 28 Nov 2012 13:40

Results wise, maybe we are "off the pace" but we are very close on goal-diff
maybe suggesting we just need a bit of luck

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Nov 2012 13:42

From Fordham's report:

He then put the best chance of the half on a plate for Andreas Weimann who, in acres of space could only find the top row of the North Stand. As they have consistently done so far this season, it was no suprise Villa were booed off at half-time.

But Royals’ travelling brigade of less than 1,000 were more forgiving of their team – knowing they have produced late miracles in the past.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 28 Nov 2012 13:42

Why boo there is no shame in losing 1-0 to former European cup winners.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 28 Nov 2012 13:48

Avon Royal A battle would be nice.

We've only lost one game by more than a goal. I'm as fcking depressed as anyone right now but try not to be such a cvnt.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Nov 2012 13:53

"And as a final point, to the "fans" who booed the team off at half time who were sat a few rows behind me last night, I hope you're happy the boys got the result you were obviously so keen to see."

Quoted from the match thread from a reading fan at the game.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 28 Nov 2012 13:56

mr_number

We've only lost one game by more than a goal. I'm as fcking depressed as anyone right now but try not to be such a cvnt.

At the risk of being a cvnt, I don't think that stat is right.......

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 28 Nov 2012 13:56

mr_number

Yep and hat was a dodgy offside goal that undid us. We've had some awful decisions against us by officials. Its true what they say, when your down there everything goes against you.
I thought the goal last night was a clear foul as well on Morrison.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 28 Nov 2012 13:57

Snowball Results wise, maybe we are "off the pace" but we are very close on goal-diff
maybe suggesting we just need a bit of luck

Until 7.30pm Saturday ^^

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Nov 2012 14:01

That's it. There is no shame losing 1-0 away in the prem. or being beaten by arsenal or Chelsea or man utd etc.

No shame at all. If you're a championship side that is.

Or problem as a club is that we still think of ourselves as a championship side. Yeah we've done really well with a championship squad and a championship mentality and were fighting bravely now in the prem when actually were a championship side. Well guess what, board: we're not a championship side. Were in the same league as the big boys and so we need to grow up.

That means none of this fishing around for free transfers and cheapos. Yes we can get away with that in the championship but here things are very different. So few games. Every point costs millions. I was anti sir John because he had no bottle for the prem. Anton coming was meant to be a step forward, not sir johns brain on younger shoulders!

This brick by brick is all well and good bug at some point we have to bite the bullet and whilst still being cautious, we need to be a bit more ruthless and a bit more adventurous.

Brian is my man for sure. But there needs to be a change of how we do things. Same old excuse by those who protect the board- its the manager who doesn't want to spend money. Absolute tosh as I've demonstrated repeatedly. Once again we have Brian explicitly saying on bbcrb that he needs funds. There is no excuse for the boardlovers. Yet we shall surely hear the same excuses of the managers not wanting to spend any more cash. If that's really true then we need to sack Brian and get someone who DOES want to spend a bit more. How is it that the poor old board happens to be unlucky with managers who just happen to not want to lend. Aww poor board. Of course it's BS.
Last edited by Millsy on 28 Nov 2012 14:04, edited 1 time in total.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 28 Nov 2012 14:03

MON now favourite at evens as next Prem manager to leave. Brian next fave at 4s.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 28 Nov 2012 14:10

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 28 Nov 2012 14:30

Avon Royal
mr_number

At the risk of being a cvnt, I don't think that stat is right.......

Well, I don't count the Chelsea game because one goal was offside and the fourth was when Feds was up etc etc

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 28 Nov 2012 14:55

Ascotexgunner
Yep and hat was a dodgy offside goal that undid us. We've had some awful decisions against us by officials. Its true what they say, when your down there everything goes against you.
I thought the goal last night was a clear foul as well on Morrison.

and I thought Cummings was barged into the net to stop him clearing it off the line! :x