Man Utd - back from the game

227 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Man Utd - back from the game

by SCIAG » 02 Dec 2012 18:40

I'm beginning to doubt whether some of you watch the matches or just make arbitrary comments. For example, Morrison is at fault for two goals and is widely praised. Leigertwood is the only reason possession was anywhere near level, and made Darren Fletcher, one of the best midfielders in the league, look like a Championship player and is slagged off.

Mind you, there is (deserved) praise for HRK and McAnuff.

Feds 5: shouldn't have let RVP nick it, a serious mistake. Otherwise fine.
Cummings 6.5: found it tough against Young and Evra, not given enough support by HRK, Morrison or Tabb. Better than Gunter though.
Morrison 6: scored, and looked good on the ball despite a few misplaced passes. However, he let Anderson score the first goal and did not stop Rooney's open play goal either. He's still too raw- drop him for Pearce IMO. We won't need his threat at set pieces without the mistakes he makes.
Mariappa 7- did well. Should have won a penalty.
Shorey 7- at fault for a goal for the first time this season, but made some good passes. Was still better than Evra defensively.
HRK 9- we know he can't defend, so it is hard to blame him for not supporting Tabb. Destroyed Evra.
Legs 6.5- won a lot of loose balls, on one occasion he shielded excellently from Van Persie.
Tabb 6- would be higher if he hadn't made that stupid challenge for the penalty.
McAnuff 8- Rafael will have nightmares about facing Jobi McAnuff for years to come. He didn't do quite as well against Smalling though.
Roberts 6- not his usual self. Needs to cut out the petty fouls.
Le Fondre 7- scored a goal. Passing needs work though.

I think we need to sign a defensive coach. If Morrison, Cummings, Gunter and Gorkss cut out their positioning errors then we'd effectively have a whole new back four.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 02 Dec 2012 18:57

:roll:

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 02 Dec 2012 19:17

SPARTA

Staggering, just staggering.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 02 Dec 2012 19:54

I have just got back and it is good to read some intelligent stuff on here for once.

It's OK to feel a bit down after that isn't it? None of the superstars from the last few years are playing well: Karacan, Pearce and Federici from 2012, Leigertwood and Kebe from 2011. We are letting in too many goals and my favourite player got crucified by Hansen last night. Goals should be the best thing about watching football and taking the lead should be a joyous release of excitement, but that feeling doesn't last very long at the moment, because of the expectation we'll throw it away.

Get Pearce and Karacan back, Kebe fit, and Federici catching the ball and I will be happy - we will have a chance this year. It will be a great season anyway, but I just wish we would start winning a few.

Federici 10/10 potential 3/10 performance. He's not going to get dropped and should start playing like it.

Cummings 4/10 Is it the coaching that means the right back gives every winger acres? Or is it a lack of tracking back by wingers.
Shorey 9/10 he is just class and we have passed so much better with him in the team
Mariappa 7/10 good
Morrison ?/10 I hope he is going to be brilliant

HRK 9/10 great stuff for 30 minutes
Leigertwood 6/10 passed it much better, but the defensive midfielder should help out a bit more in defence
Tabb 7/10 very good apart from the pen
McAnuff 7/10 very good and I cheared him when he went off

Roberts 5/10 didn't like his performance today; he avoided the easy pass too often
ALF 7/10 scored and looked good running wide occasionally

yappy

by yappy » 02 Dec 2012 20:02

I don't actually agree with Hansen's assertion that Morrison was to blame for the first goal. Morrison reduced the angle, so essentially the only place Anderson could shoot was the near post, which you'd expect your keeper to cover. Was a good shot, but I'd still want the keeper to save it at his near post.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 02 Dec 2012 20:24

yappy I don't actually agree with Hansen's assertion that Morrison was to blame for the first goal. Morrison reduced the angle, so essentially the only place Anderson could shoot was the near post, which you'd expect your keeper to cover. Was a good shot, but I'd still want the keeper to save it at his near post.

I want Hansen to say how great he is.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 02 Dec 2012 20:28

I agree with yappy - Morrison could have been a bit nearer Cummings but the outfield player most culpable was HRK who let Andersen run past him and into the space.

He did the same with Evra's run for their 3rd as well.

Hal had a stormer going forward but gave Cummings little or no cover against the runners so I would give him a 7 rather than a 9.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 02 Dec 2012 20:32

Winnershroyal
SPARTA

Staggering, just staggering.

Yes, those are actually proper hoops.

Absurd to imagine a Reading team wearing those.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 02 Dec 2012 20:34

Yesterday showed why we are going down.

Teams who successfully adapt to the prem know the importance of keeping games against the top teams tight, then hitting them on the break. This is how Norwich beat both Man Utd and Arsenal.

Our stupid Kevin Keegan Newcastle type tactics are as ridiculous as they are naive. We will never beat the top teams if we try to go toe-to-toe with them in a shoot-out.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 02 Dec 2012 20:34

SPARTA

wow. just wow. i sure hope that was an american paper/article to make that mistake. if it was english thats just embarrassing.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 02 Dec 2012 20:35

Handsome Man
yappy I don't actually agree with Hansen's assertion that Morrison was to blame for the first goal. Morrison reduced the angle, so essentially the only place Anderson could shoot was the near post, which you'd expect your keeper to cover. Was a good shot, but I'd still want the keeper to save it at his near post.

I want Hansen to say how great he is.

What?
How great he is or how great Morrison is?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Dec 2012 20:36

Avon Royal Yesterday showed why we are going down.

Teams who successfully adapt to the prem know the importance of keeping games against the top teams tight, then hitting them on the break. This is how Norwich beat both Man Utd and Arsenal.

Our stupid Kevin Keegan Newcastle type tactics are as ridiculous as they are naive. We will never beat the top teams if we try to go toe-to-toe with them in a shoot-out.
Yes but, Yes but

You want to watch Stoke City week in week out?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 02 Dec 2012 20:39

AthleticoSpizz

Yes but, Yes but

You want to watch Stoke City week in week out?

Stoke City who have won 13 points out of the last 15 available and currently top of the form league?

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 02 Dec 2012 20:44

SPARTA

Where did you find that picture?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Dec 2012 20:52

Teams rarely go down because they lose to the big teams. They rarely stay up because they pick up a few points against them. Teams generally stay up by taking points off their rivals. Wigan, Villa, Norwich, & QPR are why we're in the poop. Not Chelsea & Man Utd.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 02 Dec 2012 20:53, edited 1 time in total.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 02 Dec 2012 20:53

lolz at closing out the game against Utd. I don't think many other sides decide if they shut up shop against them or not, it's mostly how your luck is running. Norwich did it :lol: what, once in the last 50 years.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 02 Dec 2012 20:56

Stuboo
SPARTA

Where did you find that picture?

uk.yahoo.com

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 02 Dec 2012 21:02

SCIAG Darren Fletcher, one of the best midfielders in the league,

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 02 Dec 2012 21:51

Ian Royal

Teams rarely go down because they lose to the big teams. They rarely stay up because they pick up a few points against them. Teams generally stay up by taking points off their rivals. Wigan, Villa, Norwich, & QPR are why we're in the poop. Not Chelsea & Man Utd.

But teams that pick up points against the big teams elevate themselves above relegation fights in the first place.

Take 6 points off Norwich (Man Utd and Arsenal) and they are down in the relegation mix. As it is they are 12th, go figure.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 03 Dec 2012 06:35

SCIAG wrote: I'm beginning to doubt whether some of you watch the matches or just make arbitrary comments. For example, Morrison is at fault for two goals and is widely praised. Leigertwood is the only reason possession was anywhere near level, and made Darren Fletcher, one of the best midfielders in the league, look like a Championship player and is slagged off.

Totally agree SCIAG to see some of the ratings given to Leigerwood on here is a joke. The midfield pairing of Tabb and Legs worked there socks off against Utd.

As to Morrison and the defence we continue to concede form the left wing with Cummings / Gunter going missing and gapping gaps appearing all the time, Pearce is defiantly missed in the centre he reads the game.

A new defence coach would not go a miss because as it is happening week after week.

227 posts