How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
yappy

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by yappy » 08 Dec 2012 21:32

Scutterbucketz
leon
Big Ern How utterly humiliated Everton must feel now to have lost to this shower of shite.

Some may argue that Brian can get the best out of these Championship/League 1 players, however if their best is an unchecked relentless march towards relagtion, then we have nothing to lose by sacking him.

Think we should bring in Curbishley now as he nows how to scrap at the bottom of the table. Probably too little too late and I cannot see the club signing players on big wages if we are destined to go down, however it cannot get any worse.

Curbishley? :shock:

Has he done anything anywhere other than Charlton? Dear god that's a depressing alternative.

Well he's only ever managed at Charlton and West Ham. He did relatively well with West Ham too (finished top half) but quit as the board were selling players behind his back. I'd love Curbishley, even though he hasn't worked for awhile.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 Dec 2012 21:33

Re the effect of changing managers and retaining squad - It's a little different in the lower leagues imo. Can't really think of a particular reason why, it just is.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Dec 2012 21:37

Royal Rother
RoyalBlue The clown has now demonstrated he's lost the plot!

This is exactly what I DESPISE about some football supporters.

Struggling / out of his depth or just unlucky at the moment - which one doesn't matter... What an absolutely shitty thing to say. Horrendous. You should be fcuking ashamed of yourself. If you were some spotty oik I could just about accept such brainlessness but you're a grown man with a family FFS. Take a look at yourself.

Yep, I may think he's doing a bad job and it's time for him to go if we don't beat Sunderland, but he has done far too much for us for me to want be name call the way I might with Rodgers, or Burns etc.

Except in the heat of frustrated anger during a game.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 08 Dec 2012 21:38

Royal Rother Re the effect of changing managers and retaining squad - It's a little different in the lower leagues imo. Can't really think of a particular reason why, it just is.

Well, that's me sold. :lol:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Dec 2012 21:49

Royal Rother Re the effect of changing managers and retaining squad - It's a little different in the lower leagues imo. Can't really think of a particular reason why, it just is.

Eh? Why do you say that?

Recent examples of it happening in the top flight would be O'Neil at Sunderland (and possibly at Villa too) and Hodgson at Fulham. Redknapp totally turned the form round when he joined Spurs and although I wouldn't put it down to Di Matteo's management Chelsea certainly looked a different side once he replaced AVB.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 Dec 2012 22:04

Hoop Blah

Eh? Why do you say that?

I dunno really. But I think I already indicated that. :mrgreen:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Dec 2012 22:07

Royal Rother
Hoop Blah

Eh? Why do you say that?

I dunno really. But I think I already indicated that. :mrgreen:

It's more the last 3 words that confuses me as it should say it just isn't if you want any accuracy in there.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 Dec 2012 22:15

Whatever.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 08 Dec 2012 22:18

Anyome who can fefent this boring, inept, flukey and tactically ignorant manager is beyond me.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 08 Dec 2012 22:19

Lacoste Anyome who can fefent this boring, inept, flukey and tactically ignorant manager is beyond me.

Defend?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Dec 2012 22:21

Royal Rother Whatever.

Oh right, so you think your made up and baseless theory that managerial changes don't have a boost to performances/results in the top flight is correct even though there are plenty of examples of it actually happening?

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 08 Dec 2012 22:25

Getting a bad feeling about all this. Brian just didn't seem happy today. It's as though he's given up the ghost himself.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Dec 2012 22:30

Man Friday Getting a bad feeling about all this. Brian just didn't seem happy today. It's as though he's given up the ghost himself.

I think he's looked that dejected for sometime unfortunately.

I'm still not sure we should get rid of him, but that's only really down to sentiment and the seemingly certain fate we face. I don't think his management this season warrants keeping the job but his previous achievements buys him time and his record in the Championship potentially the chance to repeat it.

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 08 Dec 2012 22:38

Man Friday Getting a bad feeling about all this. Brian just didn't seem happy today. It's as though he's given up the ghost himself.

Lose on Tuesday night and he'll be put out of his misery.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 Dec 2012 22:54

Hoop Blah
Royal Rother Whatever.

Oh right, so you think your made up and baseless theory that managerial changes don't have a boost to performances/results in the top flight is correct even though there are plenty of examples of it actually happening?

:lol: It really doesn't matter. I'm not going to make an attempt to defend what I said as I pretty much indicated at the time. If you really want to knock one out over it in your frustration at my inability / unwillingness to argue over it, please be my guest.

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 08 Dec 2012 22:59

Royal Rother
Hoop Blah
Royal Rother Whatever.

:lol: It really doesn't matter. I'm not going to make an attempt to defend what I said as I pretty much indicated at the time. If you really want to knock one out over it in your frustration at my inability / unwillingness to argue over it, please be my guest.

Handbags down ladies.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Dec 2012 23:09

Royal Rother
Hoop Blah
Royal Rother Whatever.

Could you just admit and accept that you were talking out of your arse?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 Dec 2012 23:58

I don't think I am Ian but it's only a gut feeling and I really can't think of any type of research I could do to support what was pretty much a throwaway comment in the 1st place.

It's really not worth the effort.

Knickers should certainly remain untwisted over this one.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 09 Dec 2012 00:25

Mark Hughes - Yes he was shit at QPR but look what he did at Blackburn and Fulham, 2 teams very similar to us

Get him in, before the window opens

working class hero

by working class hero » 09 Dec 2012 00:30

I hope he is allowed to stay and that the fans do not turn on him...how long till the booing starts?
Don't see any need to be fickle. Anyway in our position I can't see a big manager or decent players wanting to come here....

3209 posts