Brian's Press Conference today

Lacoste

Re: Brian's Press Conference today

by Lacoste » 13 Dec 2012 22:22

You bunch of happy clappy, cardboard crown waering, bobble hat donning oxf*rd.

You have all fallen for the RFC propaganda machine.

Brian was given money and wasted it. He believes in bullshit football from the 1950's because he fluked it last season doing the same thing. Shit transfer record, shit football and shit excuses.

He wasted the little money we had on shit, has lost the dressing room and should go.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Dec 2012 22:26

is that better now Lacoste?

Some stopped paying in months ago

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 13 Dec 2012 22:30

Lacoste You bunch of happy clappy, cardboard crown waering, bobble hat donning oxf*rd.

Brian was given money and wasted it. He believes in bullshit football from the 1950's because he fluked it last season doing the same thing. Shit transfer record, shit football and shit excuses.

He wasted the little money we had on shit, has lost the dressing room and should go.

If i got so little return on my fishing I'd just turn in my keyboard.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Dec 2012 22:34

thanks for that Maguire

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 13 Dec 2012 22:54

Lacoste You bunch of happy clappy, cardboard crown waering, bobble hat donning oxf*rd.

I keep reading that he has lost the dressing room - ok, Guthrie yes, but the rest?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 13 Dec 2012 23:18

There's also strong rumors that he's had a bust-up with Roberts and that the Pog isn't happy about his lack of 1st team football.

Royal Bahamas

by Royal Bahamas » 13 Dec 2012 23:40

Eaststandman
Muskrat
Lacoste Can't believe he's still in a job. Probably just the Reading way to allow an inept manager to stay in the job.

Nice club we are

Do you know what it makes me sick to the stomach when I read comments like this. We aren't the first and won't be the last club to get promoted and then struggle in the Premier League on limited funds. We are a small club in this league, it's different to when we were a big team in league one and lording it over the likes of Macclesfield Town (no diss obvs).

Brian has done a spectacular job for Reading and will go down as one of our best and most successful managers ever - saving us from almost certain relegation in his first year, getting to the play off final the second and winning the Football League Championship in his third, with two FA Cup quarter finals thrown in for good measure.

If we do go down (and it looks likely let's be honest), I say stick with Brian, let him build again and learn from the experience. There's nobody I'd rather trust with my team the Brian.

Bravo and well done! A big show of support for BM now would be a good move, how soon they forget!

So good to see that there are REAL Reading fans on this site, who stick with their club ....and the people that make it, in both good and bad times. Brian has it in him, as we have seen before, to pull out the best....at the worst of times!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Dec 2012 23:50

Muskrat
Lacoste Can't believe he's still in a job. Probably just the Reading way to allow an inept manager to stay in the job.

Nice club we are

Do you know what it makes me sick to the stomach when I read comments like this. We aren't the first and won't be the last club to get promoted and then struggle in the Premier League on limited funds. We are a small club in this league, it's different to when we were a big team in league one and lording it over the likes of Macclesfield Town (no diss obvs).

Brian has done a spectacular job for Reading and will go down as one of our best and most successful managers ever - saving us from almost certain relegation in his first year, getting to the play off final the second and winning the Football League Championship in his third, with two FA Cup quarter finals thrown in for good measure.

If we do go down (and it looks likely let's be honest), I say stick with Brian, let him build again and learn from the experience. There's nobody I'd rather trust with my team the Brian.

Honestly, Lacoste's opinions have never been worth a phlegm filled spit. Unfortunately your opening sentence will have given him quite a buzz tonight.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Dec 2012 00:13

AthleticoSpizz thanks for that Maguire

:lol:

agreed that was out of order big man :lol:

Hobo

by Hobo » 14 Dec 2012 00:20

I like Brian and think he is doing ok with what he has got.

working class hero

by working class hero » 14 Dec 2012 00:26

I hope Brian stays.... and that the idiots calling for his head will just go and support chelsea if they want glory. Brian is a good bloke who had done well with limited resources.

Hobo

by Hobo » 14 Dec 2012 00:28

Chelsee have plenty of idiots already.

The Beardy Man

by The Beardy Man » 14 Dec 2012 09:19

working class hero I hope Brian stays.... and that the idiots calling for his head will just go and support chelsea if they want glory. Brian is a good bloke who had done well with limited resources.

I appreciate that this is the internet...but you must be able see that there is a quite considerable grey area between 'I want us to spend £50 million and challenge for europe in our first season' and 'its the premier league and I am just happy to be here'?

It is possible, for example, to have been a long term fan...who has experienced the bad and the good (though perhaps not the truly, truly woeful...elm park but not 4th tier), to think we would struggle....but also be disciplined and make teams work hard to beat us....to have some barn storming games against our relegation rivals, that might go one way or the other...It's just that confidence has clearly just dropped so low that we need something fresh.

It could be McDermott has the ability to provide that....a complete change of training routine...a radically different tactic...something to make the players and fans think 'It'll be different this time', something other than 'we move on'.

I'll be delighted if Brian is the man for that, he has been in the past, but this season his mojo seems to have gone.

I won't be screaming for his head, but I have my doubts if he can be the one to make the change...

Madstad to Nadderud

by Madstad to Nadderud » 14 Dec 2012 09:36

The Beardy Man
working class hero I hope Brian stays.... and that the idiots calling for his head will just go and support chelsea if they want glory. Brian is a good bloke who had done well with limited resources.

I appreciate that this is the internet...but you must be able see that there is a quite considerable grey area between 'I want us to spend £50 million and challenge for europe in our first season' and 'its the premier league and I am just happy to be here'?

It is possible, for example, to have been a long term fan...who has experienced the bad and the good (though perhaps not the truly, truly woeful...elm park but not 4th tier), to think we would struggle....but also be disciplined and make teams work hard to beat us....to have some barn storming games against our relegation rivals, that might go one way or the other...It's just that confidence has clearly just dropped so low that we need something fresh.

It could be McDermott has the ability to provide that....a complete change of training routine...a radically different tactic...something to make the players and fans think 'It'll be different this time', something other than 'we move on'.

I'll be delighted if Brian is the man for that, he has been in the past, but this season his mojo seems to have gone.

I won't be screaming for his head, but I have my doubts if he can be the one to make the change...

McDermott has taken this team/squad as far as he can and yes, it is time for a change and that applies even if we are going down because this is not working anymore. The football is boring and stale, there is a lack of quality and fight, obvious rifts in the camp and the only reason that I can see that he is still the manager of RFC is because our manager is as 'cheap as chips' because bringing in someone else will cost money and RFC are not going to pay big wages for a highly experienced manager. The club are probably already planning for the Championship as we will have a manager who knows that division and probably earning a salary that is low enough for the club to cope with and everything done on a shoestring and hey-ho it's round we go again. I for one won't be complaining as I really like Championship football and even the lower division stuff, so either way it's not a problem. Believe it or not, there are other things in life rather than waste your time and energy debating whether a player should be forgiven becasue he couldn't be bothered to travel despite earning a truckload of cash for sitting at home - do you think he cares?

The Beardy Man

by The Beardy Man » 14 Dec 2012 09:55

Doe's Guthrie care? Probably not.

Did I mention it here? Certainly not.

Should people be discussing it on an internet discussion forum? Well, that's up to them...but it seems as appropriate a place as any.

royal67

by royal67 » 14 Dec 2012 10:04

The Beardy Man

Good post......

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 14 Dec 2012 10:05

Lacoste He believes in bullshit football from the 1950's because he fluked it last season doing the same thing.

What about the season before? Did he fluke that as well?

Esteban

by Esteban » 14 Dec 2012 10:38

If ever there were a victim of circumstance, it's Brian McDermott. That's not to say he hasn't made some mistakes along the way (first season in managing the PL and only his third season managing a league team though), but if he gets the sack, he'll be taking one for the team. Deserves to keep his job.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 14 Dec 2012 10:56

He did well last season but we've got worse and worse. If hes going to save us he really is going to have to polish and caress the turd.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 14 Dec 2012 12:09

I can see you're sat on the fence on this one.