Team to beat Arsenal

Caskeys Lovechild

Re: Team to beat Arsenal

by Caskeys Lovechild » 14 Dec 2012 21:45

ManchesterRoyals
Caskeys Lovechild

Im no plastic but if we lose tomorrow im not arsed and i wont be asking for BM head but things need to pick up and fast

I tell you what, if we lose tomorrow, I'LL be calling for McDermotts head.

But I'll probably get over in time for the game on Monday.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 14 Dec 2012 21:47

Caskeys Lovechild
ManchesterRoyals
Caskeys Lovechild

Im no plastic but if we lose tomorrow im not arsed and i wont be asking for BM head but things need to pick up and fast

I tell you what, if we lose tomorrow, I'LL be calling for McDermotts head.

But I'll probably get over in time for the game on Monday.

Lol sorry ive been on the beer :)

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 14 Dec 2012 22:38

Brynjar Banksson
Gunnar Bryn Brynjar Gunnarsson
Brynvaldo Brynaldo Brynaldinho Boris
Brynjarssonsfaðir Gunnarssonsfaðirsson

jellytot

by jellytot » 14 Dec 2012 23:39

Think we should play 4-5-1 with either roberts or the pog up front. Guthrie has to play with leig and tabb behind.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 14 Dec 2012 23:52

jellytot Think we should play 4-5-1 with either roberts or the pog up front. Guthrie has to play with leig and tabb behind.

I agree try something different what the fxxk we got to lose?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 14 Dec 2012 23:52

Think we should play rush goalie.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 14 Dec 2012 23:54

SPARTA Think we should play rush goalie.

Fxxk it Bulldog

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 15 Dec 2012 00:08

ManchesterRoyals

Fxxk it Bulldog

I don't think it's what this relationship is missing, but I'm willing to give it a go.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 15 Dec 2012 00:15

SPARTA
ManchesterRoyals

Fxxk it Bulldog

I don't think it's what this relationship is missing, but I'm willing to give it a go.

u TART :lol:

Royal Bahamas

by Royal Bahamas » 15 Dec 2012 03:10

SPARTA The thought of us winning on Monday is ludicrous. :roll:

Yeh! ...... Great isn't it?!

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 15 Dec 2012 05:44

Can't believe you lot are asking for us to play with one up front at home!

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 15 Dec 2012 06:15

percy_freeman Can't believe you lot are asking for us to play with one up front at home!

Our best chance of getting a draw, which is the most optimisitc result we could get. Arsenal will destroy with just Tabb and Ledge in the middle.

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 15 Dec 2012 09:03

Stick all 11 across the goal line in a stagered formation 1 on ground one hanging off the crossbar and we may scrape a piont

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 15 Dec 2012 09:18

West_Reading I think the strength of 442 for us over the years has clouded McD's judgement. Our midfield is nowhere near good enough to enable us to play just two in the middle and be so open. It was ok at Championship level where we were happy to give up possession for the whole game as our defence and central midfield was good enough to withstand the pressure and eventually break up play or force the opposition into a mistake, and then counter quickly. This simply isn't the case at this level. Our best away performance (Or at least 45 minutes) came in the first half at Stamford Bridge. We packed the midfield, actually got the ball down, so much so that we had the better of the possession in the first half. Guthrie was excellent that day. I think we need to accept that we don't have the personnel to play 442. Until we have two players the quality of Dembele and Sandro in the middle, we will have to adapt to our surroundings.

I'd go with -

Fed

Cummings
Morrison (If fit)
Mariappa
Shorey

Kebe (If fit)
Guthrie
Tabb
Leigertwood
McAnuff

Pog

Subs - McLeary, HRK, Harte, Taylor, ALF, Pearce, Roberts

Spot on - not the team ( we're screwed whoever plays) but the analysis
It's this desire to stick to 442 that causes us the most problems and getting overrun in midfield and results in people slagging Tabb and Legs unfairly

At half time at Stamford Bridge I thought we had made some great signings and a new way of playing was developing ink front of our eyes! Long time ago wasn't it?!

_royal

by _royal » 15 Dec 2012 11:23

bcubed
West_Reading I think the strength of 442 for us over the years has clouded McD's judgement. Our midfield is nowhere near good enough to enable us to play just two in the middle and be so open. It was ok at Championship level where we were happy to give up possession for the whole game as our defence and central midfield was good enough to withstand the pressure and eventually break up play or force the opposition into a mistake, and then counter quickly. This simply isn't the case at this level. Our best away performance (Or at least 45 minutes) came in the first half at Stamford Bridge. We packed the midfield, actually got the ball down, so much so that we had the better of the possession in the first half. Guthrie was excellent that day. I think we need to accept that we don't have the personnel to play 442. Until we have two players the quality of Dembele and Sandro in the middle, we will have to adapt to our surroundings.

I'd go with -

Fed

Cummings
Morrison (If fit)
Mariappa
Shorey

Kebe (If fit)
Guthrie
Tabb
Leigertwood
McAnuff

Pog

It's this desire to stick to 442 that causes us the most problems and getting overrun in midfield and results in people slagging Tabb and Legs unfairly

At half time at Stamford Bridge I thought we had made some great signings and a new way of playing was developing ink front of our eyes! Long time ago wasn't it?!

We played some of our best football against Chelsea with 4-5-1. Pog looked good in this formation too

Esteban

by Esteban » 15 Dec 2012 18:15

Federici

Cummings, Pearce, Marriappa, Shorey

Leigertwood, Guthrie

McCleary, HRK, McAnuff

Pogrebnyak

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 15 Dec 2012 18:26

_royal
bcubed

I'd go with -

Fed

Cummings
Morrison (If fit)
Mariappa
Shorey

Kebe (If fit)
Guthrie
Tabb
Leigertwood
McAnuff

Pog

We played some of our best football against Chelsea with 4-5-1. Pog looked good in this formation too

Correction-we were allowed to play a bit by a Chelsea side that included amigos who had only just signed.
Apart from the 4 that they did score they could easily have had another 4 in the first 20 minutes.
It is true to say though that we had our best 20 minutes of our season in that game-the trouble is that games are played over 90 minutes.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 15 Dec 2012 18:32

The 11 picked for Monday is almost irrelevant now. Monday will tell us if Brian really has lost the dressing room IMO.

Any player worth their salt & still backing the manager will come out all guns blazing on Monday & they will want revenge for fcuking it up after being 4-0 up last time.

Add to that Arsenal are almost as low on confidence as us right now & this is a game where we should be going for the jugular. If our heads WERE right, we could be getting a win from this make no mistake.

If we just roll over & take it up the a*** (excuse the pun) I just can't see how Brian can stay.

_royal

by _royal » 15 Dec 2012 18:36

Agree that we weren't consistent, but I think we need to try and develop a new formation because 4-4-2 isn't working atm.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 15 Dec 2012 18:36

McDermott will go out with the same formation, with the same players and we will go home with the same result as the last match. Completely inept.

But we will 'learn and move on'.

Its the midfield that is doing my head in the most.

This is the team I would have assuming Roberts and HRK are fit and Morro, Kebe, Karacan and Pog remain out.

--------------------Taylor------------------- (The only way Federici will be dropped is if he's lined up against a wall and shot multiple times/Same for L,Wood actually)

Cummings---Pearce---Mariappa---Shorey

----------------Tabb-----Guthrie--------------

McCleary------------HRK--------------McAnuff

------------------Roberts----------------------

I've previously stated HRK should NOT be a striker but he can certainly do a role more centrally. He has a good touch and the role enables him to drive centrally. He can turn on the ball. He can arrive late in the box, he has strong aerial ability and he can finish (Many of you believe he's our best finisher)

Guthrie. The only thing I will say is to anyone saying he was shit when he started for us is that he had been playing out of position. He should be playing deeper controlling the game. Lets be honest were any of our other midfielders doing any better than him at the time.

Anderson, Harte, Byrn, L,wood, Alf, Samuel, Obita.

Hunt is just that bad its pointless having him on the bench. At least Obita and Samuel are unknown.