How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by floyd__streete » 17 Dec 2012 22:59

Royal Rother because you hang on my every word, you will know damn well I don't talk crap.

Oh come on, I'm not having that.

royal67

by royal67 » 17 Dec 2012 23:00

RoyalBlue It doesn't matter how well an employee has performed in the past if they show over a period of time that they are hopelessly out of their depth and performing dreadfully when asked to work at a higher level. Any sensible 'business' and virtually all football clubs will act to put that employee out of their misery.

Did McDermott and Gibbs not watch the Bradford game to see how they dealt with Arsenal, closing them down quickly and getting in their faces throughout? Why the hell did they think they could let their players sit off Arsenal and let them play the ball around at their leisure until they found the opportunity to play it into our area and cut our defence apart like a knife through butter?

Once again McDermott persisted with his absurd tactic of playing just two championship standard players in the centre of midfield. And the man who is reputed to be a tactical genius only spotted what was going wrong when we were 4-0 down when he finally decided to put an extra player into midfield in an attempt to stop us being overrun.

Far too many of the players in our team are completely and utterly out of their depth in the PL and that has to be the fault of the management team. It may be true that he was only given limited funds but would he have done any better had he been allowed more, given his dismal (Shorey excepted) transfer dealings over the summer?

Now McDermott is saying that he needs to sign PL quality players with experience of having played at this level. No shit Sherlock! So why the f8ck didn't he sign that type of player over the summer and why is he not playing his other two signings who fit that bill (Guthrie would have been on the bench today but had a slight thigh strain! :roll: ).

And finally we are left with another McDermott post match interview where he says everyone is doing their best (now proven not to be good enough so clearly changes needed) and talking about past achievements. Those count for absolutely f8ck all in this season's PL table. Then in the next breath he won't look forward because he is only interested in the present - And so he should be, so why all the references to the past Brian?

The player's body language after conceding the first goal said it all. There is no fire and fight left in their bellies (the two goals we scored were a consequence of Arsenal mistakes/switching off and they could and should have scored 10 not 5 against us). If nothing else, a change in the management team must be made in an attempt to lift the players once again.

Great post.......

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 17 Dec 2012 23:06

royal67
RoyalBlue It doesn't matter how well an employee has performed in the past if they show over a period of time that they are hopelessly out of their depth and performing dreadfully when asked to work at a higher level. Any sensible 'business' and virtually all football clubs will act to put that employee out of their misery.

Did McDermott and Gibbs not watch the Bradford game to see how they dealt with Arsenal, closing them down quickly and getting in their faces throughout? Why the hell did they think they could let their players sit off Arsenal and let them play the ball around at their leisure until they found the opportunity to play it into our area and cut our defence apart like a knife through butter?

Once again McDermott persisted with his absurd tactic of playing just two championship standard players in the centre of midfield. And the man who is reputed to be a tactical genius only spotted what was going wrong when we were 4-0 down when he finally decided to put an extra player into midfield in an attempt to stop us being overrun.

Far too many of the players in our team are completely and utterly out of their depth in the PL and that has to be the fault of the management team. It may be true that he was only given limited funds but would he have done any better had he been allowed more, given his dismal (Shorey excepted) transfer dealings over the summer?

Now McDermott is saying that he needs to sign PL quality players with experience of having played at this level. No shit Sherlock! So why the f8ck didn't he sign that type of player over the summer and why is he not playing his other two signings who fit that bill (Guthrie would have been on the bench today but had a slight thigh strain! :roll: ).

And finally we are left with another McDermott post match interview where he says everyone is doing their best (now proven not to be good enough so clearly changes needed) and talking about past achievements. Those count for absolutely f8ck all in this season's PL table. Then in the next breath he won't look forward because he is only interested in the present - And so he should be, so why all the references to the past Brian?

The player's body language after conceding the first goal said it all. There is no fire and fight left in their bellies (the two goals we scored were a consequence of Arsenal mistakes/switching off and they could and should have scored 10 not 5 against us). If nothing else, a change in the management team must be made in an attempt to lift the players once again.

Great post.......

Agreed

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Dec 2012 23:09

floyd__streete
Royal Rother because you hang on my every word, you will know damn well I don't talk crap.

Oh come on, I'm not having that.

Wahey! :D

fifth element

MD has got to go!

by fifth element » 17 Dec 2012 23:10

I don't usually post on here but after tonight the Reading way is not working! MD hasn't got the answer (Coppel 2nd season). Lacking creativity mid field. ENOUGH SAID

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Dec 2012 23:10

Maguire
RoyalBlue It doesn't matter how well an employee has performed in the past if they show over a period of time that they are hopelessly out of their depth and performing dreadfully when asked to work at a higher level. Any sensible 'business' and virtually all football clubs will act to put that employee out of their misery

Well I manage a fair few people and if someone who's performed well for 2.5 years has a four month spell when they're not doing so well then I'd probably sit down and have a chat to them, try to manage them through it, support them etc. If I tried to sack them i'd be a bit of a pcunt and probably have a lawsuit on my hands.

Football's different of course. Short term contracts and separation clauses and all the rest of it but Brian's never managed at the top-level before so why is there an expectation he'll have us sailing along in 12th place? Isn't it reasonable to expect him to be on a bit of a learning curve and that he'll get better over time?

The damage has been done now so why not try to prepare for next year with a man you know can win the title?

/Devil's advocate

Agree with that to an extent, but you can see that he's totally out of his depth at this new level. He's not really showing any promising signs. And saying there's an expectation he'd have us sailing along in 12th is a bit of a strawman argument. I think most people were prepared for a season fighting relegation. For me that means staying within 1 to 3 points of safety for most of the season and spending at least some of the time hovering above the red line.

That's not the same as being 6 points adrift, bottom and with 1 win in 17 on a 6 game losing streak.

And, returning the Devil's Advocate approach, say we aren't mentally damaged this season and, somehow, he gets us to bounce straight back up. Why would we really want to go into another Premier League campaign with him as manager based on this showing? We certainly couldn't sack him for getting promotion and bring in someone else.

There's an awful lot of work to get this squad PL shaped. We can't really start in January because we're doomed and we shouldn't bet the farm on a miracle or a bounce back, because that's damn hard to do.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 Dec 2012 23:11

Don't get me wrong Ian, I'm not for a minute suggesting that this season hasn't been a bit of a shambles.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Dec 2012 23:12

Maguire Don't get me wrong Ian, I'm not for a minute suggesting that this season hasn't been a bit of a shambles.

Yeah, don't worry, I get that.

It's all just so soul destroying really.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: MD has got to go!

by Platypuss » 17 Dec 2012 23:13

fifth element I don't usually post on here but after tonight the Reading way is not working! MD hasn't got the answer (Coppel 2nd season). Lacking creativity mid field. ENOUGH SAID

Have to say I expected more after a six year build-up.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Dec 2012 23:19

Maguire
RoyalBlue It doesn't matter how well an employee has performed in the past if they show over a period of time that they are hopelessly out of their depth and performing dreadfully when asked to work at a higher level. Any sensible 'business' and virtually all football clubs will act to put that employee out of their misery

Well I manage a fair few people and if someone who's performed well for 2.5 years has a four month spell when they're not doing so well then I'd probably sit down and have a chat to them, try to manage them through it, support them etc. If I tried to sack them i'd be a bit of a pcunt and probably have a lawsuit on my hands.

Football's different of course. Short term contracts and separation clauses and all the rest of it but Brian's never managed at the top-level before so why is there an expectation he'll have us sailing along in 12th place? Isn't it reasonable to expect him to be on a bit of a learning curve and that he'll get better over time?

The damage has been done now so why not try to prepare for next year with a man you know can win the title?

/Devil's advocate

Because there's no way he will do it again next season and won't be at the club by the end of next season whatever happens.

There is no expectation that McD would get us into 12th place but there is a requirement that he gets out of the bottom three. You are right, because he has never managed at this level the learning curve is exceptionally steep and he is showing every sign that regardless of what support he gets, he will not be able to make the grade in time. Rarely has any manager appeared so far out of his depth.

It's not intended as a boast but I would wager I have overseen far more of these types of situations in business, as part of my profession. Yes, you do try to help people if there is a realistic hope of them turning things around within the required timescales but when there clearly is no hope of that happening and someone is completely out of their depth then it is wrong both in business terms and morally to keep them in that position. Where we have had those tough conversations with individuals it has invariably worked out better for all parties concerned. The individual affected is usually grateful that they have been taken out of that stressful situation and virtually always tells us at a later date that it was the best thing that could have happened. And, believe it or not, handling people that way has never left us facing litigation!

Platypuss
fifth element I don't usually post on here but after tonight the Reading way is not working! MD hasn't got the answer (Coppel 2nd season). Lacking creativity mid field. ENOUGH SAID

Have to say I expected more after a six year build-up.

And your contribution is of greater value in what way?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 17 Dec 2012 23:23

RoyalBlue It's not intended as a boast but I would wager I have overseen far more of these types of situations in business, as part of my profession.

This will come as a surprise to, literally, no one.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 17 Dec 2012 23:30

MmmMonsterMunch The thing is though RR we are just surrendering our PL status through inept tactics. I feel bad to say it but Brian & the players collectively are totally out of their depth. We are undoubtedly getting worse each game.

And the post match interviews are getting more mental. I'm sorry for switching to the dark side I really am, but I am all out of faith now. :(

Why don't you fuck off and support Chelsea then? :wink:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Dec 2012 23:35

Avon Royal
MmmMonsterMunch The thing is though RR we are just surrendering our PL status through inept tactics. I feel bad to say it but Brian & the players collectively are totally out of their depth. We are undoubtedly getting worse each game.

And the post match interviews are getting more mental. I'm sorry for switching to the dark side I really am, but I am all out of faith now. :(

I even left when the 5th goal went in tonight. I am a complete traitor on all counts.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 17 Dec 2012 23:39

MmmMonsterMunch
Avon Royal

I even left when the 5th goal went in tonight. I am a complete traitor on all counts.

Don't beat yourself up about it. Just try to remember in future that just because someone criticises the club, it doesn't make them any less of a fan.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Dec 2012 23:41

Some people criticise ALL the time though.....

For the most part I am just trying to give balance to the force :wink:

Pearcehegone

by Pearcehegone » 17 Dec 2012 23:42

Should never have let Church go

working class hero

by working class hero » 17 Dec 2012 23:43

Platypuss
RoyalBlue It's not intended as a boast but I would wager I have overseen far more of these types of situations in business, as part of my profession.

This will come as a surprise to, literally, no one.

First time I have seen being a complete bore described as a profession.

Fezza

by Fezza » 17 Dec 2012 23:44

Pearcehegone Should never have let Church go

Hello Simon, how's Huddersfield?

Pearcehegone

by Pearcehegone » 17 Dec 2012 23:45

Fezza
Pearcehegone Should never have let Church go

Hello Simon, how's Huddersfield?

excellent, prolific again with 1 goal in 6. team collapsed since departure. sack him.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Dec 2012 23:47

Wow just finished watching the Sky analysis. Neville has ripped into us big time. I swear I saw tears of pity in his eyes.

3209 posts