How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by SPARTA » 22 Dec 2012 23:09

akranes
Royal91 http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20828545

The best interview I've ever seen from McDermott!

I agree, couldn't help but agree with everything. Love him.

SPARTA Mirror - Strife of Brian: Players baffled by McDermott methods as #readingfc boss faces sack!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... um=twitter

Nowhere in the article does it say he faces the sack though.

It hints to it though, mocking his management skills.

Defeats to Swansea and West Ham and it has to be curtains, surely. Much better today, but he has to build on it now.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 22 Dec 2012 23:10

Got to back him now after today,having been one to call for his head Im not ashamed to say I have changed my mind.Its us and the, rest now,stick together ,we never going to beat the system ,were are little Reading.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 22 Dec 2012 23:12

SPARTA Defeats to Swansea and West Ham and it has to be curtains, surely. Much better today, but he has to build on it now.

I do agree, I love him... however if we fail to build on this, then he has to go. Does anyone actually feel like he will get sacked?
I have a feeling, during or shortly after January he will leave/be sacked.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Dec 2012 23:15

ankeny Got to back him now after today,having been one to call for his head Im not ashamed to say I have changed my mind.Its us and the, rest now,stick together ,we never going to beat the system ,were are little Reading.

People were only calling for his head because of the odd tactics I think. Sounds like they've had a 'clear the air' meeting as they all seem on the same page which is good. They are clearly playing for him.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 22 Dec 2012 23:15

akranes
SPARTA Defeats to Swansea and West Ham and it has to be curtains, surely. Much better today, but he has to build on it now.

I do agree, I love him... however if we fail to build on this, then he has to go. Does anyone actually feel like he will get sacked?
I have a feeling, during or shortly after January he will leave/be sacked.

I actually think the only reason he's still in a job is because Anton thinks the fans have a bond with him and he doesn't want to unsettle the apple cart having only been in charge several months. The fans haven't turned on him yet in the stands either, so he'll only hear what Nicky Hammond feeds him every day, and that'll be watered down. Brian made a promise last January to get us up, and he fulfilled it. I would hazard a guess Brian has made another promise and AZ is inclined to trust him again. I just can't see him being sacked.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Dec 2012 23:17

But if we carry on showing the same fight & levels of concentration as today then he shouldn't be sacked.

There is zero justification for it on that basis & it would be utterly stupid.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 22 Dec 2012 23:18

Although I feel McDermott has been tactically inept this season, the team done everything I could ask for from a fans perspective against a team nearly costing £300 million, away from home and them being EPL champions of course!

Pearce playing first team is what I have been crying out for all season, he was a giant of a player today. I would like to see him start every game, just deserts.

Guthrie is another player I'd like to see more, I do like his style of play(even before we signed him) and drop that donkey Leigertwood, who is awful this season. McAnuff should be stripped of the captaincy. The man does not lead the team on the pitch, and has been a shadow of himself this season.

Next two home games are the most crucial games for the entire season, although I think we're already down, 6pts gained will put us right in the frame for survival. Nothing less.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 22 Dec 2012 23:33

Hoop Blah Although today is a minor success for McDermott, and a rare one he needs to cling onto this season, for me it highlights some of his mistakes this season. Today we saw how we can be resilient and tough to create chances against with this squad of players. Too many times this season that hasn't been the case, especially when defending those leading positions that have proven to cost us so dearly so far.

Having Karacan back must've helped of course, but I hope this is a lesson learned for McDermott.

It almost came off for us today. We showed more nous today. As a brand though Brian has stated we as a club will not sit back defensively and will take a match to the opposition. I respect that to a certain extent but the failing this season so far is learning when to sit on a lead, contain the opposition and not panic if plan A needs to revert to plan B.

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 22 Dec 2012 23:48

Absolutely no way Brian should be sacked. Ridiculous. IMHO.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Dec 2012 23:52

Stuboo Absolutely no way Brian should be sacked. Ridiculous. IMHO.

I love Brian to bits but if we'd gone 4-4-2 today & lost 8-0 then he should have rightly been sacked! As long as he stops the kamikaze tactics, people won't be calling for his head. Simples.

The players will also gain further confidence on the basis they believe he knows what he's doing.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 22 Dec 2012 23:52

Can he get the balance right against Swansea.

Either Tabb or L,wood is going to have to make way for Guthrie. Karacan is an automatic starter now. (Immense today)

This would be my team for Swansea and its one I wanted a while back (Expect Federici)

----------------------Federici------------------------

Gunter--------Pearce------Mariappa----------Shorey

---------------Karacan----------Guthrie------------

Kebe---------------------HRK------------------------McAnuff

----------------------------Pog-------------------------

Anderson, Gorkss, Cummings, L,wood, Tabb, Alf, Roberts

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 23 Dec 2012 00:00

Brian likes his defensive midfielders, so you wont ever get that. Hopefully more like:

-------------------------Federici------------------------

----------------Karacan-------Tabb---------------------
Kebe-------------------Guthrie----------------McAnuff

----------------------Pogrebnyak-----------------------

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 23 Dec 2012 01:07

SPARTA Brian likes his defensive midfielders, so you wont ever get that. Hopefully more like:

-------------------------Federici------------------------

----------------Karacan-------Tabb---------------------
Kebe-------------------Guthrie----------------McAnuff

----------------------Pogrebnyak-----------------------

As long as it ain't L,wood I'm happy. He takes so long to make a decision and is technically useless.

That trio for what we have right now is the most balanced. (We need high energy). I'd have Karacan the deepest lying then Tabb doing most of the breaking. Guthrie will just drop into pockets in the midfield creating that extra option.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 23 Dec 2012 07:43

Granted that today was close with a coupple of key debatable decisions, but 7 defeats in a row speaks for itself. Sadly I still think it is better he walks away so we can rebuild with a new manager as there is no way back for us and there hasn't been for some time. The key games so far has resulted in defeats and draws and even if Brian gets us up again, I don't have any confidence in his ability to do any better with another crack at the Prem.

I for one cannot see him getting sacked now though. There is no way the club will spend money in January simply as Anton doesn't have any (in Premiership terms) and very few managers would put up with that. The board knows Brian will suck it up without complaining.

This TSI takeover really has been dissapointing so far.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Dec 2012 08:16

MmmMonsterMunch But if we carry on showing the same fight & levels of concentration as today then he shouldn't be sacked.

There is zero justification for it on that basis & it would be utterly stupid.

The previous 17 games, his inability to integrate new signings into and strengthening his starting 11 enough, apparent poor man management and his lack tactical flexibility and inconsistent baffling decisions would still make the sack justifiable IMO. Doing it now would be odd timing as sticking with him after some of the recent loses would suggest he's here for the duration.

If the club are using this as a learning experience for McDermott and a financial boost for the club then fair enough, it's a bit hard to watch though!

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 23 Dec 2012 08:53

1 win in 18 & that 'Manager' is still in a job!!? Yep, we're stuck with him. Absolute joke

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 23 Dec 2012 09:30

Feel sorry for him in a way.Madejski said he would only sell to someone with deep pockets,but it seems new boss same as old boss,nothing seems to have changed.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Dec 2012 09:49

ankeny Feel sorry for him in a way.Madejski said he would only sell to someone with deep pockets,but it seems new boss same as old boss,nothing seems to have changed.

Without those new and deeper pockets we'd never have gone up last season.

Biscuit_Boy

by Biscuit_Boy » 23 Dec 2012 10:19

West Stand Flash 1 win in 18 & that 'Manager' is still in a job!!? Yep, we're stuck with him. Absolute joke

It's actually one win in 20 if you include the end of last season. We showed yesterday that with proper organisation that it is possible to compete at this level which would normally see us winning some games against teams in our 'mini league'. That is the problem and you can't keep saying 'we take the positives and move on' when you know that by the next game none of it will have sunk in. Of course we all knew how tough it would be and were relegation favourites, but I never imagined in my worst nightmares that we would be in single-figures points wise at Christmas. I do feel the club has been a bit unfair on Brian though, leaving him to explain the club's woeful position on his own. It would be nice to know what the owners 'agenda' is? There was a lot of talk in the summer about learning lessons from our last PL relegation and how we were in a much stronger position this time round. Either the club is being incredibly naïve or we being told porkies. Be interesting to know which one it is.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 23 Dec 2012 10:42

West Stand Flash 1 win in 18 & that 'Manager' is still in a job!!? Yep, we're stuck with him. Absolute joke

God forbid we should show some loyalty and support to a manager who has taken us from the bottom of the Championship to the top flight on a shoe string. People like you are what is wrong with modern football.

3209 posts