Reading v Swansea - Sponsored By New Wembley

232 posts
The Royal

Re: Reading v Swansea - Sponsored By New Wembley

by The Royal » 26 Dec 2012 17:42

The point of the matter is, jobi is shit and has been most of the season, and by keep playing him week in week out will not change nothing

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 26 Dec 2012 17:45

If you have opinions of your own, why bother with others?

Were you really at the game today?

Who played well?

What were you happy with?

Or are you only pissed (off) because WE didn't win with style and grace?

The Beardy Man

by The Beardy Man » 26 Dec 2012 17:48

Not sure what some felt HRK offered that Jobi didn't. Not saying HRK was bad, just that he did exactly the same things...worked hard, tracked back, had little opportunity to go forward.

Some of our fans are just determined to have a scapegoat to moan about.

Even Legs, who has been very much one of our weakest players this season looked less of an accident waiting to happen today (though I would agree he remained poor).

McDermott has made the changes a number of us were calling for, and whaddaya know, we have tightened up. Now we have a base to build on it is possible to move forward.

The Royal

by The Royal » 26 Dec 2012 17:49

wolsey If you have opinions of your own, why bother with others?

Who played well?

The point of a forum is for people to share the opinions with each other. And yea I was at the game( just like every other home game this season along with 7 away fixtures)

HRK played well when he came on and obviously happy with a clean sheet. And I was happy with Pearce clearing the stadium roof, waiting to see that happen

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular

by wolsey » 26 Dec 2012 17:56

The Beardy Man Not sure what some felt HRK offered that Jobi didn't. Not saying HRK was bad, just that he did exactly the same things...worked hard, tracked back, had little opportunity to go forward.

Some of our fans are just determined to have a scapegoat to moan about.

Even Legs, who has been very much one of our weakest players this season looked less of an accident waiting to happen today (though I would agree he remained poor).

McDermott has made the changes a number of us were calling for, and whaddaya know, we have tightened up. Now we have a base to build on it is possible to move forward.

Agree totally; second half performance was half decent (imho) - good to see that we started to be a little nasty at times.

Felt sorry for POG who was far too isolated whilst he was on - we need an aggressive, forward thinking midfielder if we play with one forward player.

Happy that Feds was more than competent today (realise that that is probably not a popular point of view)

Pearce good, Marriapa showing signs of promise, ALF an annoying (in a good way) little git when he came on.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular

by wolsey » 26 Dec 2012 17:58

The Royal
wolsey If you have opinions of your own, why bother with others?

Who played well?

The point of a forum is for people to share the opinions with each other. And yea I was at the game( just like every other home game this season along with 7 away fixtures)

HRK played well when he came on and obviously happy with a clean sheet. And I was happy with Pearce clearing the stadium roof, waiting to see that happen

Is that the best you can do? I have my doubts.....

The Royal

by The Royal » 26 Dec 2012 18:04

Remind me how many away games have you been too this season? Actually in the last 5 seasons?

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 26 Dec 2012 18:05

The Royal Remind me how many away games have you been too this season? Actually in the last 5 seasons?

well to be fair, attending matches isnt a direct correlation to how good of a fan you are. there are a lot of fans around the globe on this forum who cant attend matches but are just as big of fans as you lot who can.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 26 Dec 2012 18:07

The Beardy Man Not sure what some felt HRK offered that Jobi didn't. Not saying HRK was bad, just that he did exactly the same things...worked hard, tracked back, had little opportunity to go forward.

I didn't think that at all. I thought HRK was playing in a more advanced position than Jobi and was getting closer to the striker. He didn't do much going forward though, everything went through Kebe.

Ratings:
Feds 7.5- clean sheet, although he had nothing to do in the first half. Some good saves
Gunter 7- better. One big mistake that could have cost us. Good movement.
Pearce 7- some good interceptions, but he didn't seem to know what to make of Michu.
Mariappa 7- his mobility was useful. I'd probably like to see Morrison start against WHam.
Harte 6.5- anonymous. Not challenged by Dyer (!).
Kebe 7.5- once more, our main attacking threat.
Karacan 8- good tackling and interceptions. Could be a bit more direct when running with the ball.
Guthrie 7- misplaced some passes, but generally did well. Good movement.
Legs 7- gave the ball away on occasion, but won it on a greater number of occasions.
McAnuff 6.5- seemed to be held back by Harte. I'm not sure he suits this system, but he's definitely our best option.
Pog 6.5- isolated, some poor touches but generally did well when he got the ball.

ALF 7- as expected, came off the bench and did well
HRK 6- quiet

The Royal

by The Royal » 26 Dec 2012 18:08

USA_Loyal_Royal
The Royal Remind me how many away games have you been too this season? Actually in the last 5 seasons?

well to be fair, attending matches isnt a direct correlation to how good of a fan you are. there are a lot of fans around the globe on this forum who cant attend matches but are just as big of fans as you lot who can.

I never started talking about how good a fan I am, was just responding to stupid ename comments lol my bad

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 26 Dec 2012 18:14

The Royal
USA_Loyal_Royal

I never started talking about how good a fan I am, was just responding to stupid ename comments lol my bad

oh sorry for the misunderstanding mate.

The Royal

by The Royal » 26 Dec 2012 18:15

No problem

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular

by wolsey » 26 Dec 2012 18:16

Not sure what that's got to go do with anything (apart from the fact that I have been to every Championship Ground that Reading have played at - "OOH LOOK AT ME-I'M CONSIDERABLY BETTER AT SUPPORTING READING THAN YOO")

I repeat my point made earlier - I am not convinced that you really are a Reading Fan, you only started posted this season and you have done nothing but whinge and whine about how badly we have done since then. (Where were you when we were shit?)

The Royal

by The Royal » 26 Dec 2012 18:18

wolsey

Not sure what that's got to go do with anything (apart from the fact that I have been to every Championship Ground that Reading have played at - "OOH LOOK AT ME-I'M CONSIDERABLY BETTER AT SUPPORTING READING THAN YOO")

I repeat my point made earlier - I am not convinced that you really are a Reading Fan, you only started posted this season and you have done nothing but whinge and whine about how badly we have done since then. (Where were you when we were shit?)

I've read these forums for years just never really felt the need to say anything before, would u prefer me to lie and say we have been great when we clearly have not. Truth hurts. But I want reading to do well just as much as the next man, sifference with me is I say it exactly how I see it

The Royal

by The Royal » 26 Dec 2012 18:21

Shall I send you a pic of the massive reading badge tattoed on my chest? Will that help?

The Royal

by The Royal » 26 Dec 2012 18:24

Or will the pic of me at elm park aged 4 with jimmy Quinn and mick gooding be any better, il throw in the mascot kit as well

royal_t

by royal_t » 26 Dec 2012 18:26

Can't blame Alf for the handball goal, after all it worked out for Newcastle.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 26 Dec 2012 18:27

royal_t Can't blame Alf for the handball goal, after all it worked out for Newcastle.

true. haunts me to this day.

The Royal

by The Royal » 26 Dec 2012 18:27

royal_t Can't blame Alf for the handball goal, after all it worked out for Newcastle.

Brian made a sarcastic comment about that after the game

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 26 Dec 2012 19:18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QKAbuoB24U

232 posts