THE LEGEND MIKE GOODING SUGGESTED

BrockManson

Re: THE LEGEND MIKE GOODING SUGGESTED

by BrockManson » 28 Dec 2012 00:08

Mr Angry Swap Kebe for Robson Kanu however.........

He played well as a more central forward in the Championship and has an eye for goal that suggests he could be played further up the pitch. He'd be decent in a 4-3-3 but right not Reading don't have the luxury of guaranteed safety to experiment with new formations and trying out players in new positions.

Next season in the Championship when Pogrebnyak goes then I think Kanu should be given a pre-season up top to see if it'd work out.

The Beardy Man

by The Beardy Man » 28 Dec 2012 11:52

I remember Mick Gooding, was a terrific club servant.

Who is Mike Gooding?

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 28 Dec 2012 12:41

Im with Mick. Been saying this for a couple of years now. Kebe`s strength is obviously his pace but it is somewhat wasted out on the white line. He rarely goes outside of anybody and any defender worth his salt will just try and stop him going inside where the space is. If they do a good job on him then he is pretty much out of the game. Why not play a 4-4-1-1 with him behind the striker? Quite like to see him have a run at a few central defenders where he can go each way. I reckon he could get a few penalties as well.
Probably never happen but in our current predicament then its maybe worth a go and if we can get him to track back like he did against Man City then that would also be a bonus.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Jan 2013 18:05

Bump this thread.

Kebe roared through the middle of Spurs' defence and scared the sh*te out of them, out of nowhere. unlucky not to score.

Someone as quick as him up front would have me jizzing.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 01 Jan 2013 18:06

2 world wars, 1 world cup Bump this thread.

Kebe roared through the middle of their defence and scared the sh*te out of them, out of nowhere.

Slightly fortunate in that they were distracted by the clearly onside Pogrebnyak and also the fact that he then missed the chance.... Otherwise yeah why not...

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Jan 2013 18:11

Wimb
2 world wars, 1 world cup Bump this thread.

Kebe roared through the middle of their defence and scared the sh*te out of them, out of nowhere.

Slightly fortunate in that they were distracted by the clearly onside Pogrebnyak and also the fact that he then missed the chance.... Otherwise yeah why not...

Being distracted happens. And will continue to happen. So that's fine. He only just missed the chance too thanks to usain bolts twin brother catching him up.

I don't actually think he should, but it's an interesting concept.

I don't remember the last time we had a striker so devastatingly fast that could shoot past players out of nowhere.

Better than having him help out a non existent left back.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 01 Jan 2013 18:17

18 months ago I might have agreed but these days he looks a bit more fragile and I worry that the injuries have taken a toll on his knees to an extent that he can't make burst after burst anymore. He'll also be 29 in January so he's not getting any younger, I think the time has passed for him to learn a new position and we've just got to hope we can get as much as we can from him over the final 2 1/2 years of this deal.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 01 Jan 2013 22:31

USA_Loyal_Royal :D who wants a go at this one? Ill leave it to you lot.

For: He look as bit like Thiery Henry, has the same squad number as Henry, He's played a few seasons on the wing like Henry
Against: He isn't Theo Walcott, This isn't Arsenal