Spurs (A) *Match Thread* sponsored by Gylfi Sigurdsson

378 posts
Royals-lad14

Re: Spurs (A) *Match Thread* sponsored by Gylfi Sigurdsson

by Royals-lad14 » 01 Jan 2013 16:48

lets hope the gooners can do us a favour.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 01 Jan 2013 16:48

We had our chances to equalize and we didn't take them. Then Dempsey decided it with the luckiest of defelections. What I saw today out of us wasn't all bad but we were deservedly beaten by a top 4 team at their place. I feel we gave a much better accounting of ourselves as compared to when the Spurs came here, we weren't in that game.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 01 Jan 2013 16:49

Mr.T10
windermere_royal Did anyone really expect us to get anything today? its teams around us we need to nick points off of , calm down chaps

But we got 1 point off teams around us.

I did not expect us to win or even draw but I expect us to be able to pass the ball, take our chances and well doing the simple things right. I would also like to see Brian actually aware of the shit we got in team and ship them out quick. Also be aware of Harte's pace against Lennon, shocking decision to keep Harte in let alone bring him in the side.

I don't think Legsofwood could get any more oxf*rd? He is literally undroppable. Carrico needs to settle in quick, Crawley a good way to start.

no way will carrico be in the team for crawley . he dosent arrive till later this week, then he he isnt match fit i think chelsea on the 29th

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 01 Jan 2013 16:50

Royals-lad14 lets hope the gooners can do us a favour.

seriously i would never bet on that.

Unphased Royal

by Unphased Royal » 01 Jan 2013 16:51

Not too fussed about today. Little concerned by our inability to pass the ball more than 3 times before we lose it. Anyone who thought a win and a draw means we would batter spurs at the lane a la Barcelona is seriously deluded. We have a little while until our next game, the window has been open 1 day and we have already signed a quality player by the looks of him and we could have a couple more by the next time we play. Feeling more optimistic than I was about 2 weeks ago.

Born 'n Bred Royal

by Born 'n Bred Royal » 01 Jan 2013 16:52

Not looking good for us now. Although in our wildest dreams we never expected to beat Spurs, the amount of wasted passes and the ease with which we let Tottenham play was disappointing. For about 60 minutes it was wave after wave of Tottenham attacks. If we sit back and give the ball away every single time we win it back what is the point in turning up. Was disappointed with the amount of fight and passion overall, but then again I guess it's just the harsh reality that we are miles apart quality wise.

We need to win nearly every home game now to have a realistic chance of staying up, our away performances have been dire.
Last edited by Born 'n Bred Royal on 01 Jan 2013 16:52, edited 1 time in total.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 01 Jan 2013 16:52

Libertine We had our chances to equalize and we didn't take them. Then Dempsey decided it with the luckiest of defelections. What I saw today out of us wasn't all bad but we were deservedly beaten by a top 4 team at their place. I feel we gave a much better accounting of ourselves as compared to when the Spurs came here, we weren't in that game.

^^^this

Sky sports said Spurs were getting nervous before the lucky third
A big problem is that we don't have quality finishers so we have to create more than most

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 01 Jan 2013 16:53

30 shots 20 on target :shock:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 Jan 2013 16:54

Mr.T10
windermere_royal Did anyone really expect us to get anything today? its teams around us we need to nick points off of , calm down chaps

Also be aware of Harte's pace against Lennon, shocking decision to keep Harte in let alone bring him in the side.

Like Shorey's "pace" would have helped there. :|

Thicker than a whale sandwich. It's amazing you can even remember to keep breathing.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jan 2013 16:54

Mr.T10

I did not expect us to win or even draw but I expect us to be able to pass the ball, take our chances and well doing the simple things right. I would also like to see Brian actually aware of the shit we got in team and ship them out quick. Also be aware of Harte's pace against Lennon, shocking decision to keep Harte in let alone bring him in the side.

I don't think Legsofwood could get any more oxf*rd? He is literally undroppable. Carrico needs to settle in quick, Crawley a good way to start.

Harte actually had a good game and only as the team started pushing forward and go 4-4-2 did he really start getting exposed, because he didn't have McAnuff helping him out.

Legs gave the ball away a lot yes - he was hardly alone, but he actually played very well defensively and I'm sure he was much more involved in the passing and made many more successful passes than against West Ham.

You'd expect Pog to hit the target with the header, but it was awkward and there was a defender on the line he had to avoid. You'd expect Kebe to get a shot away but there was great covering defending from Walker (I think). Pearce's effort was just unfortunately blocked out. Yes our passing in the final third was pretty awful, but our players must have been dead on their feet and Spurs players were just quicker mentally and physically to start with. Although HRK doesn't have that excuse and his decision making in where to play a cross, pass or even where to run and who to take on was absolutely apalling. Shame after some really promising performances. He just played like he was up against a mediocre Championship team rather than Spurs.

We were well beaten, and it was always likely to be that result, but I reckon the scoreline flatters Spurs a bit and we made them work really hard for that win. That's exactly the sort of defeat I don't mind seeing.

We've left ourselves too much to do from a very poor first half of the season, but this was actually a very positive performance that hopefully we can keep our positivity after West Ham. I just hope that McDermott focusses on the positives rather than complaining about deflections or referees (incidently I thought Webb was mostly superb). Hopefully we can take that into some points againts West Brom and Sunderland.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 01 Jan 2013 16:57, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 01 Jan 2013 16:56

windermere_royal
Mr.T10

no way will carrico be in the team for crawley . he dosent arrive till later this week, then he he isnt match fit i think chelsea on the 29th

He could be in any state and still be better than Legsofwood. Just need Legsofwood out, he is going to be outplayed by Crawley's midfield.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 01 Jan 2013 16:57

We avoided a confidence damaging pasting, which I think was the best that Brian was hoping for. It could have been a lot worse.

Some people get so wound up and just need to chill out..............

royal_t

by royal_t » 01 Jan 2013 16:57

There was a brief moment of hope that we could tie and nick a point. Now I'm left hoping we get some quality in this transfer window. Carrico looks to be a good start.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 01 Jan 2013 16:58

bcubed
Libertine We had our chances to equalize and we didn't take them. Then Dempsey decided it with the luckiest of defelections. What I saw today out of us wasn't all bad but we were deservedly beaten by a top 4 team at their place. I feel we gave a much better accounting of ourselves as compared to when the Spurs came here, we weren't in that game.

^^^this

A big problem is that we don't have quality finishers so we have to create more than most

Spurs looked like they were in squeaky bum time when we had those 3 relatively good chances in a short period of time. Spurs were kinda in a bit of disarray. Right after that Dempsey gets that lucky one and it was over. No way we were gonna score 2 at that point with Hunt and LeFondre leading the line...

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 01 Jan 2013 16:58

genome How can you lot all predict us to get smashed and then act pissed off when we lose by a two goal margin?

Good question. My guess is that it's down to a consistently high level of cocking fuckwittery.

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 01 Jan 2013 16:59

Platypuss
Mr.T10

Also be aware of Harte's pace against Lennon, shocking decision to keep Harte in let alone bring him in the side.

Thicker than a whale sandwich. It's amazing you can even remember to keep breathing.

Who said Shorey? Even tho he is far better than Harte.

Cummings has played LB in the past and would have kept up with Lennon better.

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 01 Jan 2013 16:59

Mr.T10 Please please Brian get that piece of shit out of our team, Legsofwood.

Does the T stand for twat ?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jan 2013 17:02

Libertine
bcubed

^^^this

Spurs looked like they were in squeaky bum time when we had those 3 relatively good chances in a short period of time. Spurs were kinda in a bit of disarray. Right after that Dempsey gets that lucky one and it was over. No way we were gonna score 2 at that point with Hunt and LeFondre leading the line...

You could tell that if we scored they'd just take it out of 2nd, go up through the gears to 4th or 5th and put us under siege again.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jan 2013 17:03

Mr.T10
Platypuss
Mr.T10 Also be aware of Harte's pace against Lennon, shocking decision to keep Harte in let alone bring him in the side.

Who said Shorey? Even tho he is far better than Harte.

Cummings has played LB in the past and would have kept up with Lennon better.

Kept up with him better, but not played nearly as smart against him. And still would have been skinned when left isolated against him.

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 01 Jan 2013 17:07

Ian Royal
Mr.T10

Harte actually had a good game and only as the team started pushing forward and go 4-4-2 did he really start getting exposed, because he didn't have McAnuff helping him out.

Legs gave the ball away a lot yes - he was hardly alone, but he actually played very well defensively and I'm sure he was much more involved in the passing and made many more successful passes than against West Ham.

You'd expect Pog to hit the target with the header, but it was awkward and there was a defender on the line he had to avoid. You'd expect Kebe to get a shot away but there was great covering defending from Walker (I think). Pearce's effort was just unfortunately blocked out. Yes our passing in the final third was pretty awful, but our players must have been dead on their feet and Spurs players were just quicker mentally and physically to start with. Although HRK doesn't have that excuse and his decision making in where to play a cross, pass or even where to run and who to take on was absolutely apalling. Shame after some really promising performances. He just played like he was up against a mediocre Championship team rather than Spurs.

We were well beaten, and it was always likely to be that result, but I reckon the scoreline flatters Spurs a bit and we made them work really hard for that win. That's exactly the sort of defeat I don't mind seeing.

We've left ourselves too much to do from a very poor first half of the season, but this was actually a very positive performance that hopefully we can keep our positivity after West Ham. I just hope that McDermott focusses on the positives rather than complaining about deflections or referees (incidently I thought Webb was mostly superb). Hopefully we can take that into some points againts West Brom and Sunderland.

I said take our chances as in when the game was stretched before the Dempsey goal, we had many chances to do a lot more damage to a very open Spurs defence. Our creative and attacking play is lacking any urgency.

I don't mind losing against spurs and the scoreline is pretty good considering where they are but we are not doing any justice to ourselves. It frustrates me when we are unable to the simple things, like passing.

378 posts