Alex Pearce

769 posts
Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Alex Pearce

by Scutterbucketz » 04 Jan 2013 16:52

Royal Lady "they've made another offer" - I wonder whether anyone bothers to ask McD what he thinks a player is worth - you know, say they've offered Pearce £20k and he wants £25k, do you think they ask McD whether he wants him to stay badly enough and is he worth that money to them? Or is everything out of McD's control?

My thoughts exactly. I don't think McDermott has particularly stuck his neck out for Pearce. Saying he wants him to stay is easy to do. Unless, Pearce is asking for silly wages, he should be going to NH and insisting they sort it out. Pearce is our best defender and should be paid accordingly. He should also be paid more than any of our current midfield.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 04 Jan 2013 17:18

Royal Lady "they've made another offer" - I wonder whether anyone bothers to ask McD what he thinks a player is worth - you know, say they've offered Pearce £20k and he wants £25k, do you think they ask McD whether he wants him to stay badly enough and is he worth that money to them? Or is everything out of McD's control?

Nah, I imagine they definitely don't talk to the manager about how he wants to spend the resources available. That'd be crazy.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 04 Jan 2013 18:35

In an interview on BBRB tonight , Adi Williams asked BM what the problem was with the contract negotiations...was it the length of contract or was it the money on offer....

..BM said he thought it was the money...

Doesn't Hammond keep BM updated on these things ??

Steve Coppell also interviewed ..he said he was surprised by lack of spending by club..given new owners....obv meaning if SJM still at the helm, he wouldn't have been :D

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Jan 2013 19:39

mr_number

Nah, I imagine they definitely don't talk to the manager about how he wants to spend the resources available. That'd be crazy.

See above, sarky wotsit. :roll:

Quite clearly, McD is not involved in these contract negotiations and, personally, I think he should be - he should be telling NH et al who he wants to keep and who he's happy to leave - but it certainly doesn't seem as though that is happening.

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 04 Jan 2013 20:24

There's a big difference between him not telling NH who he wants to keep, and who he doesn't, and getting involved in the in-depth negotiations which require legal knowledge.....

A good manager doesn't know how to do everything (particularly when it comes to legal wranglings) - they simply know who to utilise in order to bring about the right result....

He is better off concentrating on the on-pitch performance, and leaving the boring stuff to people like Hammond.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Jan 2013 20:31

It works for Chelseabramovic

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 04 Jan 2013 20:40

DOYLERSAROYALER In an interview on BBRB tonight , Adi Williams asked BM what the problem was with the contract negotiations...was it the length of contract or was it the money on offer....

Yes of course he does, but what makes you think that BM has any desire to tell us?

Esteban

by Esteban » 04 Jan 2013 20:42

Sounds to me like he's trying to avoid being pressed on the subject. Be vague, next question.

I'd be amazed if he wasn't consulted, but he's not the sort to make demands of the board. That's nothing new though.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 04 Jan 2013 23:21

Royal Ginger
DOYLERSAROYALER In an interview on BBRB tonight , Adi Williams asked BM what the problem was with the contract negotiations...was it the length of contract or was it the money on offer....

Yes of course he does, but what makes you think that BM has any desire to tell us?

How do you know he does?? ..you seem pretty certain......

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 04 Jan 2013 23:27

Why the hell wouldn't he know?

BM- "Hey Nicky, what's the deal with Alex's contract? Should I play him?"
NH- "I ain't tellin' you nuffin baldy, shag off"
BM- "Ok, see you tomorrow."

Really?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Jan 2013 00:08

McDermott will be kept up-to-date in that he knows negotiations are ongoing. He knows how much we want him and what our wage structure is, but he won't get involved in the nitty gritty of the negotiations over weekly salary, performance pay etc. If he did, why would we have Hammond, that's what he's there for.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 05 Jan 2013 10:42

Caskeys Lovechild There's a big difference between him not telling NH who he wants to keep, and who he doesn't, and getting involved in the in-depth negotiations which require legal knowledge.....

A good manager doesn't know how to do everything (particularly when it comes to legal wranglings) - they simply know who to utilise in order to bring about the right result....

He is better off concentrating on the on-pitch performance, and leaving the boring stuff to people like Hammond.

Who said he should be involved in the "in-depth negotiation which require legal knowledge*? And what "legal knowledge" is required to agree to pay someone £25k, for example, because the manager wants him to stay, rather than the £20K, for example, that might have been offered?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Jan 2013 18:21

Royal Lady
Caskeys Lovechild There's a big difference between him not telling NH who he wants to keep, and who he doesn't, and getting involved in the in-depth negotiations which require legal knowledge.....

Who said he should be involved in the "in-depth negotiation which require legal knowledge*? And what "legal knowledge" is required to agree to pay someone £25k, for example, because the manager wants him to stay, rather than the £20K, for example, that might have been offered?

You don't think agreeing a contract involves legalities?

McDermott is not the manager of the budget, he is the manager of the team.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 05 Jan 2013 18:41

Left the pitch today to a chorus of "sign your contract Alex Pearce" and applauded back and tapped the badge. Hopefully we'll sort it out soon.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 05 Jan 2013 19:14

Give him what he wants

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 05 Jan 2013 19:17

Well he is signing then. Thumbs up from Alex to the chant so I assume a agreement has been made. Good news, future captain and leads from example.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 05 Jan 2013 19:42

ManchesterRoyals Give him what he wants

Regardless of how much it is? :shock:

What if he wants £80k a week?

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 05 Jan 2013 19:45

Alexander Litvinenko

Cant see him wanting that much to be honest, if its the 25k hes wanting give him it

fedders1871

by fedders1871 » 05 Jan 2013 19:48

it will be 30-40k tops with maybe a match high earner clause or something

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 05 Jan 2013 19:48

ManchesterRoyals
Alexander Litvinenko

Cant see him wanting that much to be honest, if its the 25k hes wanting give him it

That's the point, though - we just don't know what he wants, and whether it's reasonable or not.

769 posts