SIGNED - Stephen Kelly

308 posts
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Rumour - Stephen Kelly

by SPARTA » 11 Jan 2013 14:00

LoyalRoyal22 Reserve judgement until i see him play. Hopefully they will get rid of Cummings and let Gunter and Kelly compete for the right back position

Brian is a deluded nobody if he cant see we need some creativity in the midfield though. Should have been our priority.

He's trying to sign Rogic, so I think he gets it. :roll:

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 11 Jan 2013 14:00

Pleased - for those saying we now have 3 right backs, I do wonder if Cummings is being seen as a potential alternative to Jobi on the right wing going forward - he played well there in the play off match against cardiff....

Optimist

by Optimist » 11 Jan 2013 14:08

Would have prefered a LB, but I'm a fan of Kelly. Hopefully time isn't running out for Cummings, he and Gunter are level ability-wise but Shaun has more room/time for improvement. His loyalty to the club deserves to be repaid imo.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Jan 2013 14:22

Optimist Hopefully time isn't running out for Cummings, he and Gunter are level ability-wise but Shaun has more room/time for improvement

They're the same age, how did you work that one out?

FRIDDY109

by FRIDDY109 » 11 Jan 2013 14:23

duh duh duh super stephen kelly

davis69

by davis69 » 11 Jan 2013 14:27

Royal With Cheese
davis69 well thats two million wasted on gunter and cummings signing a new deal great business from RFC

O do fcuk off.

now maybe you should fcuk off anyone who has posted more than 7000 times on a forum should maybe get out a bit more. I am entitled to my own opinion.

If kelly is in to play left back or bm sells one either gunter or cummings then it is not a bad signing. If he has bought him to compete with cummings and gunter for one rb postion that i cant see what help that will do if anything it will cause more unrest within the squad.

We really do need a attacking midfielder though

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 11 Jan 2013 14:28

dobcheck I will certainly give the guy the chance he deserves but this is the quote from a friend who has been a season ticket holder at Fulham for a good 20 years "i wouldn't call him a defender of any description, you'd be better off signing me! Apparently he is a right back" I certainly hope he proves my friend wrong :-)

View from the 2 FFC fan I know is:

'Not bad. He gives 110% but is prone to silly mistakes. He is also an Irish international'

and

''He would be a good addition and needs to play.'

So guess the jury is out but anyone who shores up our defence even a little bit has to be a bonus.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Jan 2013 14:29

davis69
Royal With Cheese
davis69 well thats two million wasted on gunter and cummings signing a new deal great business from RFC

O do fcuk off.

now maybe you should fcuk off anyone who has posted more than 7000 times on a forum should maybe get out a bit more. I am entitled to my own opinion.

If kelly is in to play left back or bm sells one either gunter or cummings then it is not a bad signing. If he has bought him to compete with cummings and gunter for one rb postion that i cant see what help that will do if anything it will cause more unrest within the squad.

We really do need a attacking midfielder though

Kelly can play as an attacking midfielder hth.

Brianstorm

by Brianstorm » 11 Jan 2013 14:35

[/quote]

We really do need a attacking midfielder though[/quote]
Kelly can play as an attacking midfielder hth.[/quote]

True Story.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Jan 2013 14:38

impressed enough with the signing.
international ish, improvement in experience and quality over what we have, in what for me is where alot of our troubles come from. not that i dislike gunter or cummings, or think theyre shit, maybe just not quite good enough, yet.

i would have thought there were other positions that we would spend money on first, but its good theyve seen a problem, and addressed it

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Jan 2013 14:39

LoyalRoyal22 Reserve judgement until i see him play. Hopefully they will get rid of Cummings and let Gunter and Kelly compete for the right back position

Brian is a deluded nobody if he cant see we need some creativity in the midfield though. Should have been our priority.

might be, but its hard to do, and if whoever they think is what we need doent want to come here or is too expensive then theres no point just bringing in someone you werent really after just to fill a spot

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 11 Jan 2013 14:46

It's on Wikipedia, it MUST be true.

Aubery Boyce
Hob Nob Regular

by Aubery Boyce » 11 Jan 2013 14:50

davis69
Royal With Cheese

O do fcuk off.

now maybe you should fcuk off anyone who has posted more than 7000 times on a forum should maybe get out a bit more.

that put-down really "takes the biscuit" ! :o :wink:

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 11 Jan 2013 14:51

Awfully kind of you to defer your valuable opinion rather than just calling him shit now. We'll await your verdict with bated breath.

As for the midfield, January has still only been on the go for 11 days and, remarkably, still has 20 days to go.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 11 Jan 2013 14:53

Rumours are that Cardiff are looking at Gunter.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 11 Jan 2013 14:59

Only one Trevor Morley Pleased - for those saying we now have 3 right backs, I do wonder if Cummings is being seen as a potential alternative to Jobi on the right wing going forward - he played well there in the play off match against cardiff....

As I have stated elsewhere...... our purpose is to buy every RB in the Premier League so McAnuff can at least look average when he plays :lol: Glad to clear that up, have we signed Ronaldo yet?

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 11 Jan 2013 15:16

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 11 Jan 2013 15:23

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... at-Reading

sky sports reporting he's undergoing a medical…
No fireworks, but an experienced defender and the best we can hope for under the circumstances! he can only improve on our defensive situation

If we get a half decent striker and attacking mid before the end of the window then I'll be a happy man.
Last edited by royaldownunder on 11 Jan 2013 15:27, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 11 Jan 2013 15:25

Think this is a decent signing, hopefully he'll be able to do the same kind of job that Andy Griffin did when he came in.

Slightly unexpected though given Cummings has just been given a new contract. Presumably he'll be sent out on loan.

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 11 Jan 2013 15:28

Will be announced tonight and on the team sheet tomorrow.

308 posts