On Trial - Stoppila Sunzu

719 posts
ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: RUMOUR - Stoppila Sunzu

by ZacNaloen » 14 Jan 2013 11:24

According to Fridays Legacy, bringing us insider news, whether it's our business to know it or not.

Still usually reliable though.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Jan 2013 11:25

Sunzu stay experience a positive outcome and it will address the CAN rid of all moral concern and a iron to allow Zambia to defend his title in the best conditions.

agreed

:lol:

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 14 Jan 2013 11:33

ZacNaloen According to Fridays Legacy, bringing us insider news, whether it's our business to know it or not.

Yep. I wasn't sure whether to quote him by name after all that stupid ITK b*ll*cks in the summer. :oops: My apologies to him, was an admission through uncertainty rather than rudeness!!!!

NOW WE NEED BOOTS AND iPHONES ON THE GROUND PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 14 Jan 2013 11:38

Sky sports have picked up the story now too

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... zu-signing

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 Jan 2013 11:40

Elm Park Pasty
ZacNaloen According to Fridays Legacy, bringing us insider news, whether it's our business to know it or not.

Yep. I wasn't sure whether to quote him by name after all that stupid ITK b*ll*cks in the summer. :oops: My apologies to him, was an admission through uncertainty rather than rudeness!!!!

[

It's cool, I was taking the mick out of him

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 14 Jan 2013 11:59

SSN and now Jonny Fordham back him up too.

We seem to do a lot of negotiations in the open, but equally happy to hear it sounds on.

The Beardy Man

by The Beardy Man » 14 Jan 2013 12:07

SPARTA
I still can't see how we can keep Pearce(?), Mariappa, Morro and Sunzu all happy.

I think at top flight level 2 from 4 is about right in terms of squad depth. especially at centre back with the propensity for picking up bookings and such.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 14 Jan 2013 12:10

How good is he? No offence to African leagues but surely it's quite a big step up to the Prem?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 14 Jan 2013 12:11

MouldyRoyal How good is he? No offence to African leagues but surely it's quite a big step up to the Prem?

Kept Drogba quiet in ACON last time.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 14 Jan 2013 12:15

I watched that game and was, like most neutral, rooting for the Chipolopolo but it was still an underdog victory (on pens).

Has he performed notably well outside of the ACON? It's not uncommon for players to be signed after impressing at an international tournament and then fail to live up to expectations at club level.

Can he do it every week?

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 14 Jan 2013 12:20

The Rouge I heard from a good source that Pearce isn't going to sign anything.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 14 Jan 2013 12:20

yeh yeh saw that the first time.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 14 Jan 2013 12:21

MouldyRoyal I watched that game and was, like most neutral, rooting for the Chipolopolo but it was still an underdog victory (on pens).

Has he performed notably well outside of the ACON? It's not uncommon for players to be signed after impressing at an international tournament and then fail to live up to expectations at club level.

Can he do it every week?

To be honest, I don't really know.

Though I imagine if he could keep Drogba quiet every week he would probably be looking at signing for a team that aren't a bit rubbish.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 14 Jan 2013 12:22

ZacNaloen yeh yeh saw that the first time.

it was in response to how will we keep them all happy..

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 14 Jan 2013 12:23

MouldyRoyal I watched that game and was, like most neutral, rooting for the Chipolopolo but it was still an underdog victory (on pens).

Can he do it every week?

I have a feeling that Phil Babb comes to mind with the your comment about doing well in a Championship. Any player like this will always be a gamble, seeing if they can do it week in and week out. Suppose it is a bit like signing someone who has been good a lower league team cup run, I guess we will have to see.

Optimist

by Optimist » 14 Jan 2013 12:32

Can he do it every week?

They also beat Senegal and Ghana on the way to the final.

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 14 Jan 2013 12:39

melonhead
Sunzu stay experience a positive outcome and it will address the CAN rid of all moral concern and a iron to allow Zambia to defend his title in the best conditions.

agreed

:lol:

You are supposed to say +1 :)

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Jan 2013 13:25

sorry

+ 1

especially about the moral concern and the iron

Alf Hooker

by Alf Hooker » 14 Jan 2013 13:45

Clearly not a great tool for the assesment of a footballers talent however initial thoughts after looking at a few youtube vids on this guy are pretty decent.

Seems really cool under pressure and doesnt just panic hoof it, some of the passes he makes from defence are with great vision regardless of the standard.

Looks like he will be dominant from set pieces and crosses with headers.

Strong and positionally in the right place, perhaps tactically aware is a better term.

Really impressed with the only available clips of him and think he will be a decent signing compared to whats already at the club.

+1 to our scouts and hammond if they'e convinced this guy to join us over Arsenal.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 14 Jan 2013 14:00

He was never actually going to Arsenal :wink:

719 posts