Guthrie closes Twitter account

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Guthrie closes Twitter account

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Mar 2013 15:20

Sanguine Given the closure of his account last week and omission today it might be reasonable to think there has been another 'incident'.

Yes there was another incident but you shot me down on the other thread. He did a screenshot of him playing as himself on FIFA & it said 'for sale' on it, i.e. implying he is for sale.

It got reported on BBCRB & then pretty swiftly taken down. He then shut his Twitter account.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Mar 2013 15:25

MmmMonsterMunch
Sanguine Given the closure of his account last week and omission today it might be reasonable to think there has been another 'incident'.

Yes there was another incident but you shot me down on the other thread. He did a screenshot of him playing as himself on FIFA & it said 'for sale' on it, i.e. implying he is for sale.

It got reported on BBCRB & then pretty swiftly taken down. He then shut his Twitter account.

Crossed wires - Guthrie tweeted his player profile on FIFA some time ago, but in a completely different context, I thought you were referring to that.

Either way, it's not a reason to drop someone from the squad. Pathetic from McDermott.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Mar 2013 15:25

Well to be perfectly honest, does anyone expect him to still be here after the end of the season? I know I don't. If McD won't even select him for the bench, why would we want to keep him for next season, whatever League we're in? Whoever told BBCRB is a nob.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Mar 2013 15:27

Sanguine
MmmMonsterMunch

Crossed wires - Guthrie tweeted his player profile on FIFA some time ago, but in a completely different context, I thought you were referring to that.

Either way, it's not a reason to drop someone from the squad. Pathetic from McDermott.

No actually it's pathetic from the player. Pearce, Alfie etc do not behave like that.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Mar 2013 15:29

Yet Pearce gets treated as awfully.

McDermott has a man-management problem. You have to manage characters like Guthrie, not just freeze them out, its amateurish.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Mar 2013 15:30

And look what good it's done Pearce up to now. :roll:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Mar 2013 15:32

You're all still skirting away from the issue that Guthrie behaves like a d1ck though!!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Mar 2013 15:34

MmmMonsterMunch
Sanguine
MmmMonsterMunch

No actually it's pathetic from the player. Pearce, Alfie etc do not behave like that.

Manager is meant to be above this sort of thing but is repeatedly showing that he isn't. Gave Dellor a load of B8llocks about Guthrie last week and is now prepared to increase the chances of his team going down by freezing out a quality player that he decided to sign at the start of the season. And whilst Pearce may not have taken to social media to give hints about his situation, it is pretty evident that McDermott hasn't done the best job in handling that particular case either. Add to that the early Feds fallout and a lot of smoke drifting around re other player fallouts and it is clear that a major ingredient of McDermott's recipe, great team spirit, has turned a bit sour.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Mar 2013 15:34

MmmMonsterMunch You're all still skirting away from the issue that Guthrie behaves like a d1ck though!!

No I'm not, I stated that I don't think his behaviour (excepting the refusing to travel to Sunderland) warrants being dropped. I don't think a few Tweets is 'behaving like a dick'.

Kebe tweeted he was off to Newcastle, didn't he?

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 02 Mar 2013 15:35

MmmMonsterMunch You're all still skirting away from the issue that Guthrie behaves like a d1ck though!!

:roll:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Mar 2013 15:40

Seems that some people just want to beat BM with a stick on here so whatever I say is pointless!

People wouldn't question the likes of SAF when they drop players.

Guthrie has done nothing to convince me he is a major asset for us. The fact he cannot just knuckle down & keep his gob shut for a few weeks does nothing to help his cause.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Mar 2013 15:48

SAF has such a depth of players in his squad he can afford to rotate players sometimes, that's why no-one gives him stick - he still wins games! Ridiculous trying to compare McD with SAF. :roll:

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 02 Mar 2013 15:50

MmmMonsterMunch Seems that some people just want to beat BM with a stick on here so whatever I say is pointless!

People wouldn't question the likes of SAF when they drop players.

Guthrie has done nothing to convince me he is a major asset for us. The fact he cannot just knuckle down & keep his gob shut for a few weeks does nothing to help his cause.

Yes, we understand. You don't like Guthrie. We get it. We comprende.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Mar 2013 15:51

Royal Lady SAF has such a depth of players in his squad he can afford to rotate players sometimes, that's why no-one gives him stick - he still wins games! Ridiculous trying to compare McD with SAF. :roll:

Not really - managers should be given licence to manage. And generally most good managers spot a bad egg quite quickly & manage them out.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 02 Mar 2013 16:08

Guthrie is a bad egg and a pcunt to go with it. If he was half as good as he thinks he is I could understand the constant support for him from some on here. But he's a lazy piece of shit who is at best a luxury player that we simply cannot afford.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 02 Mar 2013 16:16

The PL is full of luxury players that could act a lot more professional. They still play though, because they're clubs need them to. A petulant child or not, he's better than any other midfielder we have here, and he would improve us if he was playing. Instead we have a promising League 1 midfielder, a mediocre lump, and a headless chicken in Karacan. None of which are composed on the ball or have any creative ability. But they're good for the odd joke and are just grateful for the opportunity to play.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 02 Mar 2013 16:26

Last edited by Royal With Cheese on 02 Mar 2013 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 02 Mar 2013 16:30

On the occasions guthrie has played, what has he offered?

Are our results noticeably better when he has played?

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 02 Mar 2013 16:34

weybridgewanderer On the occasions guthrie has played, what has he offered?

Are our results noticeably better when he has played?

The same can be said about quite a few of our players this season. Easy to point the blame at an individual.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 02 Mar 2013 16:37

I don;t think anyone is blaming any one individual, but this clamour on here that this guy is somewhat our saviour and things would be so much different if he was playing. I don't see any evidence to support this