How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by winchester_royal » 05 Mar 2013 21:57

southbank1871
Ian Royal I haven't bothered to fact check this

Doesn't sound like you Ian.

lol

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 06 Mar 2013 19:08

Blue tinted glasses off..

Reasons i have lost faith in Brian

How long it took him to drop Gorkks
How long it took to understand we cant play 442 at this level
The fact he still plays Ledge every week
Signing Blackman for 1.2m who looks like an average championship player at best

Failing in 2 transfer windows to improve our midfield, mainly the creativity, wouldnt have to have spent much to improve on what we have at the moment

Also Carrico, yeh maybe he is unfit, but if he is not injured surely he should be given 20/30 mins here and their to eventually slot him into the side

Going back to 442 away at Everton, yes lack of options was a problem, a problem he created himself with the poor transfer window. But we were always going to lose that game playing 442, should have put anyone as lone striker and prayed for a 0-0.

Thinking Ian Harte is capable for a starting place every week, lack of options maybe, but again this could have been sorted in Jan quite easily

Starting to think we should let him go in the summer regardless of what division we are in.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 06 Mar 2013 20:19

LoyalRoyal22 Blue tinted glasses off..

Reasons i have lost faith in Brian

How long it took him to drop Gorkks
How long it took to understand we cant play 442 at this level
The fact he still plays Ledge every week
Signing Blackman for 1.2m who looks like an average championship player at best

Failing in 2 transfer windows to improve our midfield, mainly the creativity, wouldnt have to have spent much to improve on what we have at the moment

Also Carrico, yeh maybe he is unfit, but if he is not injured surely he should be given 20/30 mins here and their to eventually slot him into the side

Going back to 442 away at Everton, yes lack of options was a problem, a problem he created himself with the poor transfer window. But we were always going to lose that game playing 442, should have put anyone as lone striker and prayed for a 0-0.

Thinking Ian Harte is capable for a starting place every week, lack of options maybe, but again this could have been sorted in Jan quite easily

Starting to think we should let him go in the summer regardless of what division we are in.

McD Is so far out of his depth, the sad thing is that it will take a trip back to the championship to get rid of him, He has been drowning in his own Ignorance thinking that the likes of Alf was going to come to his rescue it will work now and again but its not a tactic that should be used as a life saver, his total Obsession with his favourites have backfired as they have proven to be not good enough (Table does not lie) it is very obvious that there is mega unrest in the camp which as the manager he has failed to react to and stem the bad blood which is festering in the under current , then we have is so called Boss Hammond signing League 1 players and putting them in the front line name me any prem club that does that, or even a guy from Portugal who has not played and the idiots toss him in to game he knows nothing about he (he was like a lamb to the wolves) any one seen him since, Not happy with that they do it again with Blackman. all this does not seem to be the way a club should be run, more like one flew over the cuckoos nest and they are only a small part of why we are languishing at the foot of this Div.

Divvy

by Divvy » 06 Mar 2013 20:33

LoyalRoyal22 How long it took to understand we cant play 442 at this level

Yet Stoke make it work.

davis69

by davis69 » 06 Mar 2013 20:48

Divvy

Yet Stoke make it work.

Stoke have premier league quality players though we Don't.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 06 Mar 2013 23:42

Where do people think Reading *should* finish based on size of club, wage bill, etc?

working class hero

by working class hero » 07 Mar 2013 05:51

About 6th in the championship...

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 07 Mar 2013 09:16

Maguire Where do people think Reading *should* finish based on size of club, wage bill, etc?

On a par with Swansea?

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 07 Mar 2013 09:47

Maguire Where do people think Reading *should* finish based on size of club, wage bill, etc?

Around 19th or 20th in the pyramid.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 07 Mar 2013 10:16

BR2

On a par with Swansea?

Agree with Swansea...where we differ though is that their scouting network network is far better than ours and their manager adopts a belief in a far more expansive game....they finished a couple of places behind us in the championship a few seasons back, but now there is a big gap appearing in the clubs fortunes

THEM Michu ....De Guzman

US. Blackman.... Carrico

I guess the tester is how many of the Reading team would get in Swanseas line up and how many of the Swansea team in the Reading line up....

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Mar 2013 10:33

Regarding performance vs size of club/salaries Swansea really are a one off though aren't they? I can't see them continuing drastically over performing in the way they have in the last 2 years. Inevitably they will lose their best players/ or have to ratchet up wages to retain them. I'd be interested to see how quickly their wage bill is increasing.

Unless we pay ridiculous wages we will always struggle to bring in premier league quality players initially, unless we have another angle of them (eg ex players such as Sidwell, Gilf etc) Blaming BM for not reinforcing/building a new squad with players that will fit into mid table PL teams is naive at best.

I think his major mistake was not getting a settled defence (inc Pearce) early enough plus not playing 451 from the get go. But you know, we all make mistakes.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 07 Mar 2013 11:15

leon Regarding performance vs size of club/salaries Swansea really are a one off though aren't they? I can't see them continuing drastically over performing in the way they have in the last 2 years. Inevitably they will lose their best players/ or have to ratchet up wages to retain them. I'd be interested to see how quickly their wage bill is increasing.

Unless we pay ridiculous wages we will always struggle to bring in premier league quality players initially, unless we have another angle of them (eg ex players such as Sidwell, Gilf etc) Blaming BM for not reinforcing/building a new squad with players that will fit into mid table PL teams is naive at best.

I think his major mistake was not getting a settled defence (inc Pearce) early enough plus not playing 451 from the get go. But you know, we all make mistakes.

Swansea are near enough like the English version of Villareal in the fact that their story is very similar with how they made it to the top league. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Champions League over the next 5 years or so if they carry on the way they are they will only add to what they already have. They will need a bigger squad next season as a result of Europa League.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Mar 2013 11:23

Swansea are a one off yes, just like Fulham are, and Stoke, and Reading, and Wigan, and Norwich, and Southampton, and West Brom.

None of them, based on potential, resources and attendances should really be higher in the league than the likes of Newcastle, Sunderland, Leeds, Sheff Weds, Villa, but they are to varying degrees.

We sometimes get hung up on the 'little old Reading' tag and don't appreciate that we have significant resources now. We might not have cash thrown at us like Southampton or QPR, or the match day revenues of Newcastle and Sunderland, but we aren't miles away from our competition as some make out.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Mar 2013 11:39

Alexander Litvinenko

Around 19th or 20th in the pyramid.

I agree.

The possibility of a relegation battle was always going to be there.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Mar 2013 11:43

leon Regarding performance vs size of club/salaries Swansea really are a one off though aren't they? I can't see them continuing drastically over performing in the way they have in the last 2 years. Inevitably they will lose their best players/ or have to ratchet up wages to retain them. I'd be interested to see how quickly their wage bill is increasing

Yes I agree as well. Swansea are overachieving and will regress to the mean at some point.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 07 Mar 2013 12:30

davis69
Divvy

Yet Stoke make it work.

Stoke have premier league quality players though we Don't.

If you look at a lot of their players then quite a few are Championship level but like us they need to play above their max week in week out. Stoke are physical, longball and agressive in their play for a reason, and that is to make up their pretty average squad. - and it works.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 07 Mar 2013 12:42

Cobi If you look at a lot of their players then quite a few are Championship level but like us they need to play above their max week in week out. Stoke are physical, longball and agressive in their play for a reason, and that is to make up their pretty average squad. - and it works.

Charlie Adam - £4m
Peter Crouch - £10m
Matthew Etherington - £2m
Cameron Jerome - £4m
Wilson Palacios - £6m
Jermaine Pennant - £2m
Asmir Begovic - £3.25m
Steven N'Zonzi - £3m

Please can everybody stop using Stoke as a yardstick to judge how much we are getting from a substandard squad. It is a patently ridiculous comparison.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 07 Mar 2013 12:45

Huth £5m, Shea £2.5m, Kightly undisclosed but wasn't that rumoured £5m+?

Kenwyne Jones, £8m. :shock:

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 07 Mar 2013 12:48

Sanguine Kenwyne Jones, £8m. :shock:

Left him out because I consider that one of the most LOLable transfers in Premier League history :lol:

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 07 Mar 2013 16:45

leon Regarding performance vs size of club/salaries Swansea really are a one off though aren't they? I can't see them continuing drastically over performing in the way they have in the last 2 years. Inevitably they will lose their best players/ or have to ratchet up wages to retain them. I'd be interested to see how quickly their wage bill is increasing.

I'd say they've already lost 3 of their best players in Joe Allen, Danny Graham and Scott Sinclair...doesn't seem to have affected them in the slightest...and a lot of that is to do with the manager and how he gets the team to play..

..I'm sure if Laudrup came to Reading and had the current squad, he'd get more out of them with his style of playing, than BM has...sad but true

3209 posts