Which division do you want us in next season?

Which division do you want us in next season?

Championship
22%
Premier league
78%

Total votes: 157
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Which division do you want us in next season?

by CountryRoyal » 06 Mar 2013 13:20

TBM
RFCSPACE Anyone that says they prefer the Championship is a fool, regardless of how embarrassing we are in the Premier League.

Thing is, i used to like my Saturday evening sitting down to watch MOTD with a few beers but this season i've found myself switching it off/over just to avoid our game(s) and the analysis.

So although i do want us in the Premier League next season, i only want it if we can actually end up becoming a mid-table side and not one that battles relegation season after season

This.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 06 Mar 2013 14:34

For me the pinacle of football is losing the Championship playoff final. Its the thrills and excitement of winning promotion, without the disappointment of losing premier league games, without the incessant fans clamour to sign Messi and without having to endure the ridiculous opinions of armchair fans analysing your team!

Of course it is painful - but then its the necessary pain required to force you to reject football in the summer (and stay away from fixture lists, preseason matches, hob nob etc). With the title of 2012, the Euros and Olympics, its been hard to get away from football for almost two years. If we stay up, the cost will magnify, the fans obsession with the transfer market will multiply, the jibes of armchair fans will intensify and our title winning heroes will be dropped/sold/ released.

So give me Alfie, Jimmy, Jobi, Legs and Karacan tearing up the Championship in 2013-14... but hopefully only to 3rd place, Wembley and classic Reading heartbreak...

RoyaltyInMyBlood

by RoyaltyInMyBlood » 06 Mar 2013 14:40

Z175 For me the pinacle of football is losing the Championship playoff final. Its the thrills and excitement of winning promotion, without the disappointment of losing premier league games, without the incessant fans clamour to sign Messi and without having to endure the ridiculous opinions of armchair fans analysing your team!

Of course it is painful - but then its the necessary pain required to force you to reject football in the summer (and stay away from fixture lists, preseason matches, hob nob etc). With the title of 2012, the Euros and Olympics, its been hard to get away from football for almost two years. If we stay up, the cost will magnify, the fans obsession with the transfer market will multiply, the jibes of armchair fans will intensify and our title winning heroes will be dropped/sold/ released.

So give me Alfie, Jimmy, Jobi, Legs and Karacan tearing up the Championship in 2013-14... but hopefully only to 3rd place, Wembley and classic Reading heartbreak...

Are you f*cking serious?! 30/5/11 was one of the worst days in my life, how any Reading "supporter" can actually want that is beyond me. #mong

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Mar 2013 19:05

You've had a fecking easy life.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Mar 2013 19:31

RFCSPACE Anyone that says they prefer the Championship is a fool, regardless of how embarrassing we are in the Premier League.

Current quality of football (not just Reading) doesn't justify the premier prices.

Expect to see yet more empty seats as more people give up going next season. Or watch lower league football. Which on the whole is surprising good quality and good value. Where the owners still care about the fans.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 07 Mar 2013 00:17

Loved the idea if being in the Prem but the reality sucks.

To be honest, winning the Championship was the real highlight. If we could do that every year then flog our Prem place for £20m to the team that finished 3rd bottom of the prem that year, thus keeping us the best team in the Championship then i'd sure have a happier season.

Ofcourse, I'd spend the whole of June and July slagging the board for selling out and letting us fans down!

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 07 Mar 2013 01:54

honestly, i would love to stay in the premier league, but that could be disastrous. everyone will hail BM for being a genius for keeping us up and we wont change a damn thing of our shit style of play and next season we will endure the same drivel of hoofball and go down. also if we stay up this summer we will still not likely be able to get the quality of players we want because we will still be slated for second season syndrome. if we go down we can get players for the future, continue to develop our players, and maybe sign a few quality prem players who dont get games for their respective clubs (a la jason roberts). if we go down to the championship it will be quite easier to change our style and the way we play and maybe come strait back up better than when we were in the prem this year.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 07 Mar 2013 07:27

TommyF Loved the idea if being in the Prem but the reality sucks.

To be honest, winning the Championship was the real highlight. If we could do that every year then flog our Prem place for £20m to the team that finished 3rd bottom of the prem that year, thus keeping us the best team in the Championship then i'd sure have a happier season.

Ofcourse, I'd spend the whole of June and July slagging the board for selling out and letting us fans down!

Pretty much this. The dream of getting there is much better than than the reality of being there, and I don't just mean in the bottom 3, unless you are right up near the top then it really ain't much to get excited about.

RoyaltyInMyBlood

by RoyaltyInMyBlood » 07 Mar 2013 10:27

Ian Royal You've had a fecking easy life.

Ive worked damn hard for the life ive got, and its no way in hell has it been easy. Ive just not had my heart broken that many times, but this was one of them.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 07 Mar 2013 10:57

Torn like most, voted the prem just but have enjoyed this season so much less than when we were up in the prem first time round.

It's been a hard slog and the prem is less even than it was. It's a global league whereas the Championship is comfortable and fun, I won't be that disappointed this time if we go down.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 07 Mar 2013 11:10

Prem without a doubt!

While we may struggle in the Prem. We have achieved the goal of progressing to be a top Championship club. Why would people want to be content with this over and over again.

We should be striving to make that next step in slowly progressing the table in the PL.

I would rather test our club against some of the worlds best rather than just settle for Championship glory. Things like the stadium expansion the improved youth set up would be good to see at the club.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Mar 2013 19:14

RoyaltyInMyBlood
Z175 For me the pinacle of football is losing the Championship playoff final. Its the thrills and excitement of winning promotion, without the disappointment of losing premier league games, without the incessant fans clamour to sign Messi and without having to endure the ridiculous opinions of armchair fans analysing your team!

Are you f*cking serious?! 30/5/11 was one of the worst days in my life, how any Reading "supporter" can actually want that is beyond me. #mong

The day we got a point at Brentford is what football is really all about. Gritty, tense. Totally nerve wrecking. Yet memorable.

Without terracing football has lost its soul as well. As punters wait to be entertained rather than lift their team.