BFTG villa

225 posts
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG villa

by LoyalRoyalFan » 09 Mar 2013 18:50

Clearly people on here have won as many Championship titles as McDermott has. 24,000 people are obviously better managers than McDermott.

Correct subs, good decision by McDermott.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 09 Mar 2013 18:51

The squad that McDermott has assembled for this seasons campaign is simply not good enough.

Plenty of effort, no quality on the ball in the middle of the park.

Has anyone seen Le Fondre or is he still in Clark's pocket?

Marriapa and HRK played well.

royal67

by royal67 » 09 Mar 2013 18:51

Colin Cheeselog
Binfield Royal Today was awful, embarrassing and sad

The most embarrassing thing today was the fans.

As well as abusing McAnuff from the first whistle, booing and abusing Leigertwood, who was brilliant for us for 18 months, has been no worse than anybody else this season and scored the crucial goal last season, while cheering Guthrie, who has offered absolutely nothing this season and refused to play a few months ago just demonstrates how thick, pathetic and plastic many Reading fans are, and I'll be delighted when half of the ‘fans’ fúck off again next season.

I thought we looked better for the last 15 miuntes of the game when Guthrie replaced Legs. He's more mobile, get's forward and HE CAN PASS THE BALL.... Yes, Legs was great for us last season but perhaps that was his swansong ? He hasn't performed at this level sufficiently well enough and while Guthrie isn't the team player that he should be (and I suspect he'll be off at the end of the season) he is a genuine Premier league quality player. Football is a results business and people seem to have missed that fact somewhere along the line.......

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 09 Mar 2013 18:52

LoyalRoyalFan Clearly people on here have won as many Championship titles as McDermott has. 24,000 people are obviously better managers than McDermott.

And not all 24,000 people can be wrong can they?

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 09 Mar 2013 18:53

Libertine I was very impressed the way Barcelona passed and moved the ball around today...very impressive.

What? It wasn't them? It sure looked like them...

A bit like Wigan, Everton, Southampton........ oh actually wait. A bit like nearly every other proper Premierhsip team we have played against, you mean?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 09 Mar 2013 18:54

ManchesterRoyals
LoyalRoyalFan Clearly people on here have won as many Championship titles as McDermott has. 24,000 people are obviously better managers than McDermott.

They are allowed opinions, but booing feasible and positive substitutions is a load of shit.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 09 Mar 2013 18:55

LoyalRoyalFan
ManchesterRoyals

They are allowed opinions, but booing feasible and positive substitutions is a load of shit.

No they were booing how shit Ledge has been all season

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 09 Mar 2013 18:56

royal67
Colin Cheeselog

As well as abusing McAnuff from the first whistle, booing and abusing Leigertwood, who was brilliant for us for 18 months, has been no worse than anybody else this season and scored the crucial goal last season, while cheering Guthrie, who has offered absolutely nothing this season and refused to play a few months ago just demonstrates how thick, pathetic and plastic many Reading fans are, and I'll be delighted when half of the ‘fans’ fúck off again next season.

I thought we looked better for the last 15 miuntes of the game when Guthrie replaced Legs. He's more mobile, get's forward and HE CAN PASS THE BALL.... Yes, Legs was great for us last season but perhaps that was his swansong ? He hasn't performed at this level sufficiently well enough and while Guthrie isn't the team player that he should be (and I suspect he'll be off at the end of the season) he is a genuine Premier league quality player. Football is a results business and people seem to have missed that fact somewhere along the line.......

Being disapointed in someone is one thing but abusing someone is a completely different thing. People seem to have missed that fact somewhere along the line.......

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 09 Mar 2013 18:57

ManchesterRoyals

As all 24,000 fans will honestly testify + the 55 million other people in the UK (+McDermott, Hammond, Madjeski) christ knows how we won the Championship last season.

Luck is like lightning. It doesn't strike twice in the same place.

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 09 Mar 2013 18:57

royal67 I thought we looked better for the last 15 miuntes of the game when Guthrie replaced Legs. He's more mobile, get's forward and HE CAN PASS THE BALL.... Yes, Legs was great for us last season but perhaps that was his swansong ? He hasn't performed at this level sufficiently well enough and while Guthrie isn't the team player that he should be (and I suspect he'll be off at the end of the season) he is a genuine Premier league quality player. Football is a results business and people seem to have missed that fact somewhere along the line.......

What has Guthrie done to prove that he is a decent passer or that he's premier league quality? A few sideways passes don't make him Xavi. Had we signed him from an inferior team to us people's perception would be entirely different. In a Reading shirt he has done absolutely nothing and has been shown up by a player signed from Crawley. Does that make Akpan champions league quality?

Fezza

by Fezza » 09 Mar 2013 18:58

Pearce at fault for second goal - was literally picking his nose as the initial cross game in and miles away from his man!

Marriapa was bullied.

Ledge gave away the first goal with an outrageously cr@p hoof in the air.

I really can't see what Ledge offers that Jem, Tabby (sent off to Ipswich??) and Guthrie don't.

Feel people are being really harsh on Jobi as he was our only attacking outlet.

Tactics, players, attitude = POOR

Spud Gun
Location: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you ...

by Spud Gun » 09 Mar 2013 19:05

Fezza Pearce at fault for second goal - was literally picking his nose as the initial cross game in and miles away from his man!

Marriapa was bullied.

Ledge gave away the first goal with an outrageously cr@p hoof in the air.

I really can't see what Ledge offers that Jem, Tabby (sent off to Ipswich??) and Guthrie don't.

Feel people are being really harsh on Jobi as he was our only attacking outlet.

Tactics, players, attitude = POOR

Easy to blame Pearce for the second. Villa's move started as a result of McAnuff drifting into the middle of the pitch and leaving Harte trying to defend against 2 Villa players. McAnuff more at fault IMHO, but it's another one of those comedy of errors goals...

Agree about Ledge but McAnuff was just as bad today.

readingfc13

by readingfc13 » 09 Mar 2013 19:09

royal67
Colin Cheeselog

Big +1

Guthrie may have his faults but at least he is comfortable in possession and can pick a pass.

namroyal

by namroyal » 09 Mar 2013 19:10

When you get a bit of luck, which is exactly what the OG was, you need to hold onto that and at least see it through to half time. We gifted Villa their two goals, over-committing on both occasions - and falling victim to a misplaced pass in midfield.

That said, footballer play better when they are confident. To have a home crowd boo their own players serves to just suck confidence from the team. Even if the crowd think all the players on the pitch are a crock of **** to then take away the only remaining home advantage of positive support just beggars belief. Whilst I won't blame the "supporters" for f'ing it up today, they certainly didn't help try to get us back in the game... entirely the opposite.

When you're at the game, get behind the team for f's sake.... that's the whole point in going to a game.... and how you get home advantage.

readingfc13

by readingfc13 » 09 Mar 2013 19:12

Colin Cheeselog
royal67 I thought we looked better for the last 15 miuntes of the game when Guthrie replaced Legs. He's more mobile, get's forward and HE CAN PASS THE BALL.... Yes, Legs was great for us last season but perhaps that was his swansong ? He hasn't performed at this level sufficiently well enough and while Guthrie isn't the team player that he should be (and I suspect he'll be off at the end of the season) he is a genuine Premier league quality player. Football is a results business and people seem to have missed that fact somewhere along the line.......

What has Guthrie done to prove that he is a decent passer or that he's premier league quality? A few sideways passes don't make him Xavi. Had we signed him from an inferior team to us people's perception would be entirely different. In a Reading shirt he has done absolutely nothing and has been shown up by a player signed from Crawley. Does that make Akpan champions league quality?

But we don't even get sideways passes at the moment!Just sheer panic from our midfielders whenever they receive the ball. If the current midfield could pass the ball, we would be far more solid.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 09 Mar 2013 19:13

The Messiah gets subbed on and we didn't win. Barely noticed him tbh

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 09 Mar 2013 19:14

The negatives will be examined in excruciating detail by many on here so I'll stick to the positives:

- Blackman looks a decent player, gave us a much needed presence up front when he came on.
- Akpan continues to impress. Very odd decision to sub him.
- Hal was excellent.

That's all I can come up with..

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 09 Mar 2013 19:15

I think what disappointed me more was the lack of fight/passion. I can put up with losing and giving it a go. We were just powderpuff/toothless all over. :cry:
I could pick faults in a number of things today. Villa were not particularly good and where there for the taking. I fully expect we will be playing them again next season as Wigan where a class apart from these.

Players/Brian blew their last chance big time.

Pardsme

by Pardsme » 09 Mar 2013 19:16

Who can forget Harte and Blackman falling over when in possession and nobody around them! sums up our day, crap.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 09 Mar 2013 19:18

Was it offside btw? Couldnae see

225 posts