BFTG villa

225 posts
Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG villa

by Schards#2 » 09 Mar 2013 19:19

Really, really poor effort by the fans today. Booing players and manager alike who have been performing above their ability for years and were heroes about 4 weeks ago.

Get a sense of perspective ffs, anyone with half a brain can see that the side we were able to field today would struggle to hold its own in the championship and people who have worked miracles at this club are being booed because we can't beat a team with several multi million pound players in their squad. If I was McDermott, the next good result we have, i'd tell the fans to go and fukk themselves afterwards, ditto Leigetwood.

We are losing because we are not good enough, not through any lack of effort.

Spoilt twats

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 09 Mar 2013 19:23

Schards#2 Really, really poor effort by the fans today. Booing players and manager alike who have been performing above their ability for years and were heroes about 4 weeks ago.

Get a sense of perspective ffs, anyone with half a brain can see that the side we were able to field today would struggle to hold its own in the championship and people who have worked miracles at this club are being booed because we can't beat a team with several multi million pound players in their squad. If I was McDermott, the next good result we have, i'd tell the fans to go and fukk themselves afterwards, ditto Leigetwood.

Spoilt twats

Couldn't agree more.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 09 Mar 2013 19:25

Apart from a couple of games (Spurs and Wigan at home) I genuinely believe that the players have given their all in most games this season.

They are just are not good enough at this level and I blame the owners etc. for not bringing in enough quality to help them out.

I am all for the club being run sensibly but if we had £10m to spend on Gylfi why didn't we have a plan B to bring in 2 or 3 other players with the money. Also, why are we so reluctant to bring in loan signings? There was a German youngster who played against us for Arsenal in the league cup. I can't remember his name but he looked like he had real quality on the ball.

Whatever division we are in, this is the club I was born to support but it can be so f**k**g frustrating at times. I now have to down few cans of 1664 to help me blank out the game.

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 09 Mar 2013 19:26

Schards#2 were heroes about 4 weeks ago.

I think that makes it more frustrating... We had a chance to see the light as the end of the tunnel but now seemed to have blown it considering we can't beat teams around us.

Frustration all round.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 09 Mar 2013 19:26

Schards, agree with your statement that we are not good enough, in reality when we lost to championship struggling Sheffield Wednesday in pre-season I thought hell we are in trouble and so it has proved, where and who is responsible for the season of farce ??

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 09 Mar 2013 19:26

Schards#2 Really, really poor effort by the fans today. Booing players and manager alike who have been performing above their ability for years and were heroes about 4 weeks ago.

Spoilt twats

Sorry mate - whose fault is it that we can only field a weakend team? The manager and the board decide who to buy and what money to spend

We had options for centre mid and wing other than Ledge and Jobi but Brian sticks with em as we get tonked... again!

You can't do the Premier league on the cheap. The club should either be honest with us and say, "we're taking the money to build for the future" and not give out all this blarney about "competing" and expecting to be in the PL next year whilst spending f*ck all on quality players and hoping for a lot of luck.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 09 Mar 2013 19:27

Spud Gun
Fezza Pearce at fault for second goal - was literally picking his nose as the initial cross game in and miles away from his man!

Marriapa was bullied.

Ledge gave away the first goal with an outrageously cr@p hoof in the air.

I really can't see what Ledge offers that Jem, Tabby (sent off to Ipswich??) and Guthrie don't.

Feel people are being really harsh on Jobi as he was our only attacking outlet.

Tactics, players, attitude = POOR

Easy to blame Pearce for the second. Villa's move started as a result of McAnuff drifting into the middle of the pitch and leaving Harte trying to defend against 2 Villa players. McAnuff more at fault IMHO, but it's another one of those comedy of errors goals...

Agree about Ledge but McAnuff was just as bad today.

Totally apathy abounded in the household after that. Villa were atrocious, but they did not have to be any better than that. Our starting lineup just screamed CHAMPIONSHIP QUALITY and we must have the most woeful midfield in the history of the Prem - devoid of quality and even basic ball retention skills; and don't even get me started on why we STILL persist in a 4-4-2 - cannot keep the ball so we play a shape that guarantees the opposition even more of the ball.

A nightmare season in every respect.

Give teams time enough in front of you to pass the ball and be patient and eventually they will pick a hole. If you are not going to hunt the ball down then you need to keep compact with discipline and shape. Jobi just went completely AWOL and left Harte totally exposed in a 2v1 and then they were behind us. We were/are naive, tactically inept, totally lacking in the bare minimum quality required to even give it a shot of staying in the Prem and that is why we heading back to the Championship. Again.

I think Hunt's response to being hauled after just nine minutes of the second half shows to me that Brian has lost the dressing room and the players. Despite honouring what he has done for the club, he is now a dead man walking and only a matter of time for him now.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 09 Mar 2013 19:30

Binfield Royal

Spoilt twats

Sorry mate - whose fault is it that we can only field a weakend team? The manager and the board decide who to buy and what money to spend

We had options for centre mid and wing other than Ledge and Jobi but Brian sticks with em as we get tonked... again!

You can't do the Premier league on the cheap. The club should either be honest with us and say, "we're taking the money to build for the future" and not give out all this blarney about "competing" and expecting to be in the PL next year whilst spending f*ck all on quality players and hoping for a lot of luck.

So have a go at the owner if that's what you think rather than booing the manager who is doing all he can with very little and humiliating an honest pro who is not up to this level by cheering his departure.

That was shameful.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 09 Mar 2013 19:32

Schards#2
Binfield Royal

Spoilt twats

So have a go at the owner if that's what you think rather than booing the manager who is doing all he can with very little and humiliating an honest pro who is not up to this level by cheering his departure.

That was shameful.

I think that more people were cheering Guthrie on rather than cheering Ledge off.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 09 Mar 2013 19:33

ManchesterRoyals

No they were booing how shit Ledge has been all season

:|

No, they were booing the substitutions.

yuomi

by yuomi » 09 Mar 2013 19:35

Spoilt twats

I don't think the fans reaction was in any way based on the amount of efforts that Legs made today. It was clear for everyone to see, as it has been throughout this season, that whatever the amount of effort he puts in; he is in way over his head. Now that's not his fault, but no moves have been made to sign a more capable replacement and, it seems, his is still the first name on the teamsheet. This in time leads to frustration amongst the fans. Yes, he played a huge part in the success of last season and deservedly received rich praise for that part. That does nothing to make him immune from frustrations arising from his abject performances this season. Personally, i feel the responsibility rests with the board and management, but it's only natural that some of the more reactive fans will pillory the player in the absence anyone else. This doesn't seek to justify the booing (which is never acceptable to your own players).

Spud Gun
Location: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you ...

by Spud Gun » 09 Mar 2013 19:37

LoyalRoyalFan
ManchesterRoyals

^ This. It seemed a poor decision by McD to take off Akpan and leave Ledge on.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 09 Mar 2013 19:37

Spoilt twats

Plus one.

Today was not a bad performace just a bad result. If that lino had not flagged offside for a perfectly good goal then who knows? Benteke cost more than our sqaud on his own. Get real.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 09 Mar 2013 19:38

LoyalRoyalFan
ManchesterRoyals

I dont know anymore ive lost the plot with reading this season

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 09 Mar 2013 19:39

Just baffled at the mindset of fans who think booing an hurling personal insults at our own players is going to help.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 09 Mar 2013 19:40

Villa were absolutely dire sh!t - but still better than us and so we couldn't beat them. What else is there to say?

Fezza

by Fezza » 09 Mar 2013 19:49

Spud Gun
Fezza Pearce at fault for second goal - was literally picking his nose as the initial cross game in and miles away from his man!

Marriapa was bullied.

Ledge gave away the first goal with an outrageously cr@p hoof in the air.

I really can't see what Ledge offers that Jem, Tabby (sent off to Ipswich??) and Guthrie don't.

Feel people are being really harsh on Jobi as he was our only attacking outlet.

Tactics, players, attitude = POOR

Easy to blame Pearce for the second. Villa's move started as a result of McAnuff drifting into the middle of the pitch and leaving Harte trying to defend against 2 Villa players. McAnuff more at fault IMHO, but it's another one of those comedy of errors goals...

Agree about Ledge but McAnuff was just as bad today.

Damn right it's easy to blame Pearce - he had is fooking finger up his nose and was ball watching - Jobi is a winger, whilst he should have offered more support to Harte the blame for the second goal lies squarely on the shoulders of out centre back pairing for not being alert and out centre mid pairing for not tracking back!

royal_ross

by royal_ross » 09 Mar 2013 20:06

The fans were disgraceful. Booing when the team had clearly lost confidence and making mistakes, they should've been backing them exactly when they need it now. The booing for the subs I can sort of agree with but when Legs got subbed that was pathetic cheering, these 'fans' were probably the ones who carried him off the pitch against Forest last season.

We all agree we're probably down now and we've been shit this season but ffs get behind them DURING the game!

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 09 Mar 2013 20:09

soggy biscuit

Spoilt twats

Couldn't agree more.

^^^ yeah this tbf

Though I have to admit I got a bit caught up in it all and gave Jobi/Legs a bit of abuse when they screwed up (not booing & sh*t), and feel really bad about it now. Like many, was just getting stressed and lost perspective.

Fans booing the first two subs and cheering legs' sub was just :shock: :shock: :shock:

GreaterTorontoRoyal

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 09 Mar 2013 20:10

Jackson Corner Today was not a bad performace just a bad result. If that lino had not flagged offside for a perfectly good goal then who knows? Benteke cost more than our sqaud on his own. Get real.

Except he was clearly offside and replays will confirm it.

225 posts