Jobi reaction to ml sub

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Jobi reaction to ml sub

by frimmers3 » 09 Mar 2013 21:02

it does not matter who comprises the top four,they are a seperate entity.

jellytot

by jellytot » 09 Mar 2013 21:55

We do live in a democracy so both players and fans are entitled to their opinion. I have spoken out on here against jobi and ml as they have both had poor seasons and have been found out pl level.
However, i would never boo them like that when thwy are being taken off. That was a bit harsh. Jobi
Is the captain.. And he too should not react in that way. ( never thought he was a good choice as captain either).

We should of brought in more quality in the summer or in jan. We are just not good enough and we now have to take relegation on the chin.

The club has to make difficult decisions. the championship will be hard. I just wish we had tried
Harder to stay up . Fairly pathetic effort.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 09 Mar 2013 22:06

As has been said previously I don't think the booing was aimed at the players, more at McD for making the wrong substitutions.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Mar 2013 22:09

I reserve my booing exclusively for the opposition

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 09 Mar 2013 23:37

Whoever got booed it was harsh and sour grapes. Typical Reading fans at home, airing our dirty laundry in public. However, no smoke without fire - 'the establishment' at Reading this season have been an embarrassment and should take any criticism on the chin & be professional at the very least.

West_Reading

by West_Reading » 09 Mar 2013 23:44

Perhaps we need someone like Matt Mills to give the crowd the finger for most of them to realise what the players think of their abuse. They're allowed to abuse Jobi and Ledge with every insult under the sun, but Jobi isn't allowed to show his displeasure for their abuse of someone who has been a hero for the last two seasons? Fickle pr1cks.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 10 Mar 2013 01:08

Jobi hasn't been great this season, but neither have most players, but it's not his fault McD protects him. I do however think he's a easy target and if you look back at today rationally he was probably our most dangerous player, he did create both our goals (one offside). He didn't hide and was positive whenever he got the ball. Yes he gave it away but that's because he was trying to be creative. IMHO

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 10 Mar 2013 08:17

Wycombe Royal As has been said previously I don't think the booing was aimed at the players, more at McD for making the wrong substitutions.

This x1000000

The boos were for McDermott. Also, Ledge wasn't cheered off, they were ironic cheers that McDermott was finally giving Guthrie all of 10 mins to change the game.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 10 Mar 2013 09:34

Ledge and Harte are simply embarassing at this level. But dont agree with the Jobi hate, agreed he is lacking the quality at this level, but he has the most assists does he not??

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 10 Mar 2013 09:47

I'm not knocking Jobi but to say he set up our first goal is bordering on the embarrassing. This is something he's done a lot this season, just pinging a ball in the box without looking to see if any Reading players are there. It came off TWO Villa defenders on it's way to the net. No Reading players ere attacking the ball.

Yes, he's putting the ball into the box in dangerous positions but he hasn't got the nouce to realise when there are supporting players in the box or not. That's the difference between a Championship and a Premiership player.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 10 Mar 2013 09:54

Royal With Cheese I'm not knocking Jobi but to say he set up our first goal is bordering on the embarrassing. This is something he's done a lot this season, just pinging a ball in the box without looking to see if any Reading players are there. It came off TWO Villa defenders on it's way to the net. No Reading players ere attacking the ball.

Wrong - pure and simple.

West_Reading

by West_Reading » 10 Mar 2013 09:59

Royal With Cheese I'm not knocking Jobi but to say he set up our first goal is bordering on the embarrassing. This is something he's done a lot this season, just pinging a ball in the box without looking to see if any Reading players are there. It came off TWO Villa defenders on it's way to the net. No Reading players ere attacking the ball.

Yes, he's putting the ball into the box in dangerous positions but he hasn't got the nouce to realise when there are supporting players in the box or not. That's the difference between a Championship and a Premiership player.

Ermm no. He fizzed the ball in to Akpan who got a great flick on it, followed by the OG.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 10 Mar 2013 09:59

Hope McAnuff goes windmilling into the crowd on the last day on the season giving our mong fans a nice payback for hurling personal abuse at him all season.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 10 Mar 2013 10:04

Feel sorry for Ledge, its not personal and he would have been ok for back up this season, but its Brian`s fault for playing him everyweek. And not replacing him in the transfer window

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Mar 2013 10:06

Divvy
mad79 Did anyone else see jobi reaction to the sub of his mate ML. After the cheer went up he turned to the east stand and waved his hands like a little kid. On all the phone in's this went un noticed. Who the hell does he think he is. He should have walked off with him as a good will gesture to the home fans. This was a Matt Mills finger moment for me

Gibbo also reacted sarcastically to the fans who jeered ML off.

Gibbs should be the first one to get the push!

Defensive coach? :lol:

I booed McDermott for his choice of the first two substitutions. I cheered then third after Legs left the pitch because Guthrie was finally being brought on.

It's a shame the players get booed when the real culprits are stood on the the touchline and sat in the directors box. :twisted:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Mar 2013 10:08

Avon Royal
Wycombe Royal As has been said previously I don't think the booing was aimed at the players, more at McD for making the wrong substitutions.

This x1000000

The boos were for McDermott. Also, Ledge wasn't cheered off, they were ironic cheers that McDermott was finally giving Guthrie all of 10 mins to change the game.

Exactly.

The Beardy Man

by The Beardy Man » 10 Mar 2013 11:09

Simply do not understand all the Jobi hate at the moment.

People just seem unable to see any good things he does. He hasn't had a great season, but was by no means our worst player yesterday. Set up the first goal and the disallowed one. Got his fullback booked and keeps showing for the ball (which is what I suspect McD means when he calls him brave).

Even Legs (who has largely struggled) is always giving 100%, in the right system I don't doubt he would be a useful player to have in the squad. Not his fault we have been unable/unwilling to purchase a player who plays his role to a higher standard.

Don't get me wrong, yesterday was a shambles, but you don't boo players who are busting a gut. If they weren't trying then I could understand....but I just don't think that is an accusation that you can level at them.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Mar 2013 11:30

one thing I have noticed is that the spelling in this thread is dreadful.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 Mar 2013 11:34

:|

Have you been drinking AIDS?

The only thing bordering on embarrassing is your post. How can you say he didn't set up the goal then go on to admit he puts the ball into dangerous positions? He crossed it for Akpan whose flick went in via some LOL contributions from the Villa defence.

He made both our "goals" yesterday. Simple as that.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 10 Mar 2013 11:55

So the frustrations with the Mcdermotts unimaginative tactics and subs obviously boiled over for a number of fans yesterday...

No issues with Jobi from he gets a lot of unwarranted stick and although he can go missing that's often because the other team is doing a job on us and he's stuck out on the wing. It's one thing to get frustrated at his running down blind alleys etc it's another levy personal abuse.

I didn't boo or jeer either sub, first off was something more akin to incoherent shouting that Ledge was playing shit and those subs won't help protect him. (if you insist on keeping him on the pitch.) and second I was pretty non-plussed as I felt it was a change that should have been at half time being made with 10 to go :|