BFTG villa

225 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG villa

by leon » 10 Mar 2013 11:49

Maguire Glad to see a few posts having a go at the fans yesterday - what an absolute shower of thick pcunts you are.

Yes things weren't really coming off for Jobi yesterday but the guy never ever gives up and for all the abuse he created two goals (one disallowed). The guy captained the club to a wholly unexpected and brilliant Championship last season and he gets that in return?

And Leigertwood? The same people who chaired him off the pitch after the Forest match last year now go to games actively looking to criticise him (and Jobi). They're just waiting to leap on the first mistake either of them make. Mind blowing.

For anyone who wasn't at the game, let me tell you got rightly bollocked after the second Villa goal - Hope Akpan. Just stood around doing nothing and failed to follow the world's most obvious run which allowed them a free cross. He might be a good player in the future but he's far too raw at this level and it was fair enough to take him off the pitch.

And why is Guthrie such a saviour all of a sudden? The bloke's played better than everyone else for, oh, 45mins all season - on the occasions when he's actually bothered to turn to a game, of course. And yet you sing this guy's praises at the expense of people who played out of their skin to get us to the Prem in the first place.

Oh and Blackman - he actually played pretty well when he came on. Yes he should've done better with his header but overall his touch and movement were good. No worse than Noel Hunt.

HRK probably our MOTM but more than anything I just wanted to say that I actively dislike Reading supporters as a whole. Maybe other sets of fans are as bad but yesterday was fukking ridiculous.

I wasn't there yesterday, but it sounds like I missed a treat.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 10 Mar 2013 11:50

Maguire Glad to see a few posts having a go at the fans yesterday - what an absolute shower of thick pcunts you are.

Yes things weren't really coming off for Jobi yesterday but the guy never ever gives up and for all the abuse he created two goals (one disallowed). The guy captained the club to a wholly unexpected and brilliant Championship last season and he gets that in return?

And Leigertwood? The same people who chaired him off the pitch after the Forest match last year now go to games actively looking to criticise him (and Jobi). They're just waiting to leap on the first mistake either of them make. Mind blowing.

For anyone who wasn't at the game, let me tell you got rightly bollocked after the second Villa goal - Hope Akpan. Just stood around doing nothing and failed to follow the world's most obvious run which allowed them a free cross. He might be a good player in the future but he's far too raw at this level and it was fair enough to take him off the pitch.

And why is Guthrie such a saviour all of a sudden? The bloke's played better than everyone else for, oh, 45mins all season - on the occasions when he's actually bothered to turn to a game, of course. And yet you sing this guy's praises at the expense of people who played out of their skin to get us to the Prem in the first place.

Oh and Blackman - he actually played pretty well when he came on. Yes he should've done better with his header but overall his touch and movement were good. No worse than Noel Hunt.

HRK probably our MOTM but more than anything I just wanted to say that I actively dislike Reading supporters as a whole. Maybe other sets of fans are as bad but yesterday was fukking ridiculous.

Good to see happy, clappy, namby, pamby, Reading fans are still alive!

Grow a pair for gods sake.

No excuses yesterday and they fukked it up. No passion, no idea, no nothing.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Mar 2013 11:52

Nurgh, PASSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nurgh, where's the PASSION?

Accusing players of a lack of passion, the fall back of the English football fan since 1863.
Last edited by sandman on 10 Mar 2013 11:57, edited 2 times in total.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 Mar 2013 11:52

lol, yeah it takes a real man to boo like he's at the fukking pantomine

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 10 Mar 2013 11:56

Booing comes from frustration, no-one wants to be laughing stock and whipping boys in any league, this is what we have become, and it hurts real fans to walk away from every home game feeling down after yet another uncommitted and gutless performance.

West_Reading

by West_Reading » 10 Mar 2013 11:58

Avon Royal

All fair enough, except that I still think that the vast majority of the boos were aimed at McDermott, not the players.

If anyone was booing the players then they are a tit, obviously.

LOL cos that's so much better isn't it?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Mar 2013 12:00

windermere_royal Booing comes from frustration, no-one wants to be laughing stock and whipping boys in any league, this is what we have become, and it hurts real fans to walk away from every home game feeling down after yet another uncommitted and gutless performance.

We're not a laughing stock as frankly no-one outside of an RG postcode (exiles excluded) gives two flying f*cks about Reading FC.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 10 Mar 2013 12:10

Maguire

Agree.

I don't have any issues with Leigertwood as a person or player, but anyone can see that for most of this season everyone of his weaknesses has been highlighted by the formations and tactics we are using. My issue yesterday which left me so angry after the game, after what was obviously a false dawn in january, is that Mcdermott needs to learn some new tactics. The excuse that we have to go 4-4-2 because of no big man up front, when our build up play in 4-4-2 is exactly the same as in 4-5-1 is just bullshit.

Agreed, but why the oxf*rd did we suddenly stop pressuring and closing them down and just let them kick the ball around? Everyone around me saw that goal coming a mile off. We just let them get on with it.

Guthrie has become the talisman of everything that gone wrong this season. Bit of a cock, but the kind of cock you need to be able to manage at this level. Able to offer something different in midfield than our workhorses, but not a sub.

Also Agreed.

Man of the match by a mile, only Reading player on the pitch at any point who looked like he had any sort of technical ability befitting a premier league player.

West_Reading

by West_Reading » 10 Mar 2013 12:12

Agree about HRK. Looked very good. I thought Mariappa was our only member of the back four, capable of finding a pass, including a great through ball to ALF. Blackman looked sharp too.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 Mar 2013 12:24

Zac - all fair points.

I don't think we have any two midfielders who can play as a pair in the PL without leaving us exposed, I do think Guthrie is a better baller than the others in his position, but at the same time I also see us as pretty toothless when it comes to playing 451 (Particularly with no Pog).

Where I don't agree with BMac is the side he picked against Wigan - if you go 451 then one of the central three has to be McAnuff or Guthrie. Playing Akpan, Karacan, and Leigertwood just offers nothing.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 10 Mar 2013 12:28

Warnock "McDermott would be tearing his hair out if he had any"

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Mar 2013 12:30

McAnuff cost us the second goal, not Akpan - Akpan had to fill in for him and if you actually watched the goal you'd see McAnuff ends up marking thin air on the edge of the D when their right winger puts the ball in...oh and Agbonlahor leaves Leigertwood (who cost us the first goal with a needless giveaway) for dead for the rebound. To place the blame on Akpan is laughable.

Guthrie's not the saviour, but he and Carrico are at least capable of passing a football which is more than can be said of Leigertwood who is a converted centre back playing well out of his depth. I don't blame Mikele for that and I don't think the vast majority of fans do - the vast majority of the discontent was aimed at the manager for playing his same favourites week in, week out and failing to see that we can't retain the ball and are being outplayed every week while Brian buries his head in the sand. For him to even mention the officials yesterday instead of looking at himself in the mirror was proof he hasn't learnt a thing from this season.

Agree on Blackman - he'll be an interesting player to watch in the Championship next year, you can see he's got a bit about him.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 10 Mar 2013 12:35

My opinion is that our midfield shape should be like this.

Leig
                      Guthrie, Akpan
           Mcanuff                       Hal

It protects Leig, all the has to do is tackle and give the ball to Guthrie or Akpan who can then worry about the build up play. Most of Leigertwoods mistakes come from winning the ball AND being responsible for starting attacking moves. He can't do both at this level, he doesn't have the vision required. Not to say he can't sometimes do it, but he's under too much pressure to get it right in a flat 4-4-2.

If Carrico ever gets fit I'd hope he's seen as the replacement for Leigertwood.
Last edited by ZacNaloen on 10 Mar 2013 12:36, edited 1 time in total.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 Mar 2013 12:36

Royalee McAnuff cost us the second goal, not Akpan - Akpan had to fill in for him and if you actually watched the goal you'd see McAnuff ends up marking thin air on the edge of the D when their right winger puts the ball in...oh and Agbonlahor leaves Leigertwood (who cost us the first goal with a needless giveaway) for dead for the rebound. To place the blame on Akpan is laughable

If I "actually watched the goal" :lol: It was right in front of me you penis.

Akpan didn't fill in, that was the problem. He could have done but just stood there day-dreaming so Villa were able to just walk the ball into a crossing position. After the goal Harte, Pearce, and Taylor were all screaming at Akpan for not doing his job, so go tell them it's "laughable".

Huckleberry Hound

by Huckleberry Hound » 10 Mar 2013 13:05

Why have we started floating corners/free-kicks beyond the far post rather than whipping them in with pace?

The latter used to get us goals.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 10 Mar 2013 13:12

Agree completely with Mags and (in an unusual turn of events for me) Schards. Getting on the players' backs like that just seems really unlikely to spur them on to perform well.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Mar 2013 13:31

Could Taylor have done better with the rebound of the post for the second?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 10 Mar 2013 13:34

Maguire
Royalee McAnuff cost us the second goal, not Akpan - Akpan had to fill in for him and if you actually watched the goal you'd see McAnuff ends up marking thin air on the edge of the D when their right winger puts the ball in...oh and Agbonlahor leaves Leigertwood (who cost us the first goal with a needless giveaway) for dead for the rebound. To place the blame on Akpan is laughable

If I "actually watched the goal" :lol: It was right in front of me you penis.

Akpan didn't fill in, that was the problem. He could have done but just stood there day-dreaming so Villa were able to just walk the ball into a crossing position. After the goal Harte, Pearce, and Taylor were all screaming at Akpan for not doing his job, so go tell them it's "laughable".

Yeah,great team spirit there -this team spirit that Brian goes on about within the "group" so much.
Villa showed the team spirit when Lambert put an arm round Baker after he f****d up for the first goal and their players didn't pathetically go around pointing fingers. Hansen picked up on our biggest fault-movement.
Not only do the back 4 play as statues but so do our two central midfielders-all they did yesterday was to occupy space.
There are so many things wrong with how we play and to get outplayed by both Wigan and Villa in games that will decide our season is bad enough but to get outfought is unforgivable.

Where you get this idea from that jobi and the rest are giving their all I really don't know-who won the 50/50 challenges in these last two home games?
The away team.
You have mocked fans calling for Guthrie but we needed change and a player that can (whether he does it enough is another matter) play a through ball but he had little more than 10 minutes or so to make a difference when the game was over despite the now famous Reading final flurries which have papered over how dire we have been for most of the season,a season in which we have had little more than just a couple of goood halves v Sunderland and West Ham when we looked a Premier side-that's 90 minutes out of around 2,500.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Mar 2013 14:00

50/50 challenges, what is this, the 60's? Going in for stupid challenges that are more liable to get you sent off does not equal fight. The late goals which you dismiss as luck, if that's the case Man United have had nothing but luck for 25 years whilst overtaking your beloved Liverpool as the countries biggest club, showed more battling qualities than any 50/50 challenge that English football fans seem to think win you football matches. We lack skill not fight.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Mar 2013 14:02

sandman Could Taylor have done better with the rebound of the post for the second?

What like chest it down, keepy uppy and then into his hands you mean?

225 posts